Mario pictures

2b0.gif

Here's some art that Detstar on Deviantart did of the Koopa Kids (AKA Koopalings) from Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3. LOL can you believe they actually used to look like this? Also just between you and me I think Larry Koopa (far left) is the one that looks the goofiest. Anyway, here:

Adventures Of Super Mario Bros 3 Koopa Kids.jpg

Man Yoshi's Island DS's sprites are like "we use more colors for shading so that means it must be good right?"

He looks goofy, but at the same time, I kind of like that look he had as King Koopa in Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Bros. 3. I don't know why. I just do. Also interestingly even though the Koopalings and the other characters including Mario and Luigi and even himself usually referred to him as just "King Koopa", he actually was still called Bowser; his full name was "King Bowser Koopa". Also, as we saw before with my artwork from a user on Deviantart of the Koopa Kids, at least he didn't look as goofy as they did. And like I said I think Larry Koopa, who was called "Cheatsy Koopa", was the most ridiculous-looking one. Also I used to wonder why since Mario and Luigi and Yoshi and all that had their real names (although back then Princess Peach was called Princess Toadstool, even in the manual for SMB3) why the Koopalings didn't have their normal Koopaling names and had these really goofy substitute names like "Cheatsy Koopa" and "Bully Koopa" and all that, but, if I remember right, didn't Nintendo not yet have names for the Koopalings at that time? I think so but I don't know for sure. I'm 98% certain. Keep in mind I don't have any evidence for this because I wasn't around to play those games; it was before I was born.

Back