Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

I don't think Palu's nair is annoying, no matter what anyone says. Some people probably hate it because of the sound but I honestly like it.

I actually kind of like Enviromental Noises, and I have it turned on for Garden of Hope. I think it's nice to fight to some ambient background noise every once in a while. This is also the reason I have the original Electroplankton music from Brawl turned on for Hanenbow.

This makes me wish that I can adjust sound options on the fly rather than exit the character select screen and navigate menus for it. I really don't understand why you can't adjust sound while you're paused like a normal game.

I don't think Palu's nair is annoying, no matter what anyone says. Some people probably hate it because of the sound but I honestly like it.

I'm pretty sure it's a powerful move if you're playing competitive. Either a character is too good and everyone hates them or they're too bad and everyone makes fun of them.

I'm pretty sure it's a powerful move if you're playing competitive. Either a character is too good and everyone hates them or they're too bad and everyone makes fun of them.

Oh it was a powerful move. It comboed into itself for ages, and it was also a kill move, and her down throw lead into it, IIRC. Both her down throw and her neutral aerial got nerfed a little (just the right amount IMO) in the most recent balance patch though, so the complaints aren't really there anymore.

I'm not sure whether or not this an unpopular opinion, but I'm going to complain that the stage from a Mario game is classified as a Yoshi stage, and the game attempts to justify that by putting a song from the Mario series in the list for the Yoshi series, rather then putting the song and stage from a Mario game in the Mario series.

yea like.. so we have super mario world music split across two different series for No reason. why is yoshis island (whatever it was called) not a mario stage its from a primarily mario game even if yoshi debuted in it

They likely kept that classification from Melee even though it's wrong, it's certainly not a Yoshi series stage, it's a Mario stage. It's also criminal you can't play original SMB3 music from Melee in that one. Just....that decision is all around bad.

Mods fix that by just lifting series restrictions altogether though so lol

Megaman was poorly represented in Smash. Back in 2014 when Megaman was gum stuck to Capcom's shoe, it was fine, but with Ultimate coming out just before Megaman 11, it was a chance to make Megaman less of a robot and more of a Robot Master (aka, give him a voice, blinking (which was in the original), his running animation from Megaman 7, a voice, make his Final Smash the Super Adaptor from Megaman 7, redesign him to make him look like he did in Megaman 7, give him more moves from Megaman 7, let him switch weapons in a fashion similar to Hero's attacks, a voice, and either remove ducking altogether or make it look like X's duck from X5).

But seriously, that design. That's just abominable. That's not Megaman, that's... Mergamern. And then they made it canon in Megaman 11, and, like, c'mon, stop making Megaman look like X. Same with Protoman, I hated his design from Mega Legends as well. And can we forget Megaman Legends ever existed...? *cough*

The only major problem I have with Mega Man is that he lacks a voice. I get they're trying to go with a classic, retro "feel" but this is kinda like making Mario be completely silent and have only Super Mario Bros sound effects. Pac-Man has a similar problem, but again, from what I heard, Pac-Man has a pretty generic voice.

speaking of voices, while i hate that dk, bowser and diddy kong have animal sounds instead of voices, i don't mind k rool having realistic sounds. he had a voice in a few games, but i'm not bothered at all with k rool having crocodile noises instead of some bad guy voice.

speaking of voices, while i hate that dk, bowser and diddy kong have animal sounds instead of voices, i don't mind k rool having realistic sounds. he had a voice in a few games, but i'm not bothered at all with k rool having crocodile noises instead of some bad guy voice.
Imagine if the characters all had their voices from the cartoons? Like, getting Ian James Corlett to voice Megaman and someone who can impersonate Lou Albano (Vinesauce Vinny would be a good candidate) as Mario.

i guess he does. however since i didn't play that many dk games (i played dkc for the first time recently), i'm used to the voice he has in mario spinoffs, which is pretty different

fuck no, not before Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

Kamek appeared in more Yoshi's Island than Baby Mario at this point but I just feel he's too generic at the same time and can't pull off a moveset without completely making up a ton of moves. I like the idea of Baby Mario + Baby Luigi fighter that has a strong Mario & Luigi feel to it and borrows heavily from Mario & Luigi, even in the ones they aren't part of, but the character design is unique too to not be just a Mario and Luigi. They also have a pretty strong set of merch so they're pretty popular among a demographic we're not really aware of (again the merch and the seemingly trendy means of making baby characters and even alts of them in Mario Kart Tour).

That being said their influence on Mario is limited being in the same spot as Waluigi and Daisy for being stuck to spinoffs but apparently more popular than Kamek in the spinoffs. Kamek is pretty much stuck to Yoshi's Island and anything beyond seems more like Bowser's peripheral and doesn't cook schemes or stuff on his own. Kamek is probably best as Bowser's moveset or a stage hazard like in that New Super Mario Bros. U stage. Also was a Smash Run enemy, which was neat I guess.

That being said their influence on Mario is limited being in the same spot as Waluigi and Daisy for being stuck to spinoffs but apparently more popular than Kamek in the spinoffs. Kamek is pretty much stuck to Yoshi's Island and anything beyond seems more like Bowser's peripheral and doesn't cook schemes or stuff on his own. Kamek is probably best as Bowser's moveset or a stage hazard like in that New Super Mario Bros. U stage. Also was a Smash Run enemy, which was neat I guess.
Bruh: A new series for representation in Smash: Mario Spinoffs

I know everyone is against me here but... little mac is actually my main😅. I actually find him really good, his sideways recovery is good (of course I have to admit his normal recover sucks), but I really find him good in multiple ways:
-If you play really good at him, he probably won't fall off the stage
-his attacks are super strong, it does a lot of damage and does really nice knock back
-his smash attacks are literally all counters! if someone does his f smash and you do it at the same time, the opponent is the one that gets the knock back, and speaking of counters... (down b)
-he has the ko punch, that kills at like 20 or 30!
Idk man, if you put it all together, he's a great character.

He's powerful, when on the ground, when he doesn't need to grab, and can be countered by pressing the jump button. You can enjoy him, but that doesn't make him a good character.

That depends on what you define as "good". Why is 1v1 matches on Battlefield and no items the only barometer of what makes a character "good", not everyone plays those matches?

Back