Characters you hate and why you hate them.

but their boss fights are awful

mario isn't known for having good boss fights but my god the koopalings sucked even more

Baby Man said:
but their boss fights are awful

mario isn't known for having good boss fights but my god the koopalings sucked even more

If you count NSMB2, they're EXTREMELY easy. They did manage to vary their battles in NSMBU and NSMBW, as well as some older spin-off games. But I do think they should change around how you defeat them, because it's gotten quite predictable.

FoxWolf64 said:
Yeah, but they were all-new concepts. You no longer had to fight Bowser at the end of every level, you had a different boss for each world. Nintendo then expanded on them, and they were beloved Mario characters. As with Bowser Jr., they just tossed him in and acted like we already knew who he was.

And I don't really buy the retcon that they aren't his kids. They were created as his kids, and even after Miyamoto confirmed it, Nintendo didn't change a thing.
Doesn't Bowser Jr. qualify as an all-new concept? And with Bowser Jr. I guessed he appeared out of nowhere and we had to act as if he existed prior, but isn't it the same thing with the Koopalings and Toadsworth? Bowser Jr. doesn't even appear until later in Sunshine, and he appears to shock everyone at first. I thought his introduction was adequate.

FoxWolf64 said:
If you count NSMB2, they're EXTREMELY easy. They did manage to vary their battles in NSMBU and NSMBW, as well as some older spin-off games. But I do think they should change around how you defeat them, because it's gotten quite predictable.

it's still boils down to this in EVERY. SINGLE. BOSS. FIGHT.

1. Koopaling attacks
2. Stomp
3. Shell
4. Stomp again before he/she can do anything
5. Shell

until you kill that thing

Bowser Jr. wasn't much better in New Super Mario Bros....

Well, the Koopalings got more time to be introduced. In SMB3, they were blank characters, just the bosses of the worlds, but Nintendo expanded on their personalities and such. Bowser Jr. was NOT an all-new concept. The Koopalings had the concept first, but he seemed to replace them entirely.

I'm not saying Bowser Jr.'s fights DON'T suck though

Baby Man said:
FoxWolf64 said:

1. Koopaling attacks
2. Stomp
3. Shell
5. Shell

Ever heard of Yoshi's Safari? Superstar Saga? They were in both of those games, and both did not have those controls. Play spin-off games, you'll understand.

FoxWolf64 said:
Ever heard of Yoshi's Safari? Superstar Saga? They were in both of those games, and both did not have those controls. Play spin-off games, you'll understand.

first, they were pathetic bosses in superstar saga. not even memorable in the slightest.

second, i've never played yoshi's safari

third, bowser jr. had mechs like the koopalings like yoshi's safari, except he was actually in a "main" game unlike yoshi's safari

FoxWolf64 said:
Well, the Koopalings got more time to be introduced. In SMB3, they were blank characters, just the bosses of the worlds, but Nintendo expanded on their personalities and such. Bowser Jr. was NOT an all-new concept. The Koopalings had the concept first, but he seemed to replace them entirely.
What concept?

I'm pretty sure the Koopalings never had to falsely accuse Mario of stealing their mother.

Heck, they don't even talk to Mario, if you don't count those edutainment games and those cartoons.

FoxWolf64 said:
Baby Man said:
FoxWolf64 said:

1. Koopaling attacks
2. Stomp
3. Shell
5. Shell

Don't want to move the goal-posts, but anyway. I never played Yoshi's Safari. The Koopalings in Superstar Saga just felt shooed in, and they don't even have dialogue or anything. They seem to be there just for fan service.

Besides, these Koopaling tactics are used even in the first few games they appear in, and people remember them for THOSE fights, not Yoshi's Safari fights.

Baby Man said:
FoxWolf64 said:

first, they were pathetic bosses in superstar saga. not even memorable in the slightest.

third, bowser jr. had mechs like the koopalings like yoshi's safari, except he was actually in a "main" game unlike yoshi's safari

Here's the thing though: Bowser Jr. used so many mechs you weren't even fighting him. You were fighting the mech, and he was just there. Especially with Megaleg and the Boomsday machine. He didn't even control it, he just sat on it and danced while the machine did all the freaking work. The koopalings actually controlled theirs, and you were fighting them, and not a bratty child who's just tagging along for the ride.

Maᴙio said:
I don't know... the Koopalings are Bowser's children and they cooperate to kill Mario, but the Koopalings drive the other bad guys insane?

I don't know, I come up with the strangest things.

Thats pretty tame compared to some of the depraved stuff I've seen.

FoxWolf64 said:
Mcmadness said:
FoxWolf64 said:
Bowser Jr.: THE KOOPALINGS WERE HERE FIRST! AND HE NEARLY ENTIRELY REPLACED THEM! I'm so glad that the koopalings are getting their reign back from this brat. He didn't even come from anywhere, really.

Its not like the koopaling's introduction wasn't any less random.

SMB3 comes around and BAM Bowser is a dad.

Yeah, but they were all-new concepts. You no longer had to fight Bowser at the end of every level, you had a different boss for each world. Nintendo then expanded on them, and they were beloved Mario characters. As with Bowser Jr., they just tossed him in and acted like we already knew who he was.

And I don't really buy the retcon that they aren't his kids. They were created as his kids, and even after Miyamoto confirmed it, Nintendo didn't change a thing.

Actually when jr was introduced nobody in game knew who he was.

In fact his name is never even spoken other than Bowser calling him ''jr''

I don't get it. The cockpit of the mech was a weak point, directly where Bowser Jr. is, and I highly doubt they put a glass cockpit for show. I'm pretty sure the developers for both Galaxy games were too lazy to animate Bowser Jr. inside the mech.

Mcmadness said:
Maᴙio said:
I don't know... the Koopalings are Bowser's children and they cooperate to kill Mario, but the Koopalings drive the other bad guys insane?

FoxWolf64 said:
Mcmadness said:
FoxWolf64 said:
Bowser Jr.: THE KOOPALINGS WERE HERE FIRST! AND HE NEARLY ENTIRELY REPLACED THEM! I'm so glad that the koopalings are getting their reign back from this brat. He didn't even come from anywhere, really.

Well, that's what I mean when I say they assume we already knew him. They just say "Jr" like we already know what goes before. Even though we didn't know who he was, they just shoved him in our faces and said, "Deal with it. He's an actual character."

FoxWolf64 said:
Baby Man said:
FoxWolf64 said:

Here's the thing though: Bowser Jr. used so many mechs you weren't even fighting him. You were fighting the mech, and he was just there. Especially with Megaleg and the Boomsday machine. He didn't even control it, he just sat on it and danced while the machine did all the freaking work. The koopalings actually controlled theirs, and you were fighting them, and not a bratty child who's just tagging along for the ride.
Isn't he controlling some of them in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and U? He looks like he's controlling them.

FoxWolf64 said:
Mcmadness said:
Maᴙio said:

FoxWolf64 said:
Mcmadness said:
FoxWolf64 said:

Well, that's what I mean when I say they assume we already knew him. They just say "Jr" like we already know what goes before. Even though we didn't know who he was, they just shoved him in our faces and said, "Deal with it. He's an actual character."
Who's "they"? Bowser should know who his own son is, no?

FoxWolf64 said:
Mcmadness said:
Maᴙio said:

FoxWolf64 said:
Mcmadness said:
FoxWolf64 said:

And I'm saying they don't. That whole scene where he reveals himself to Mario is him explaining who he is and what he's doing.

As for jr's mechs, its the ''clown car'' method of piloting.

You know what? I give up. You guys are too rooted in your own opinions, so I'm just going to free this thread from the argument. It's been nice, but it has to end sometime.

C'mon, we're all entitled to our opinions as well. And probably criticizing other people's reasoning of their opinion?

We're not attacking you. I think.

Maᴙio said:
C'mon, we're all entitled to our opinions as well. And probably criticizing other people's reasoning of their opinion?

We're not attacking you. I think.

I'm not.

Unless you hate on Bowser, then your life is forfeit.

Is it okay if I have the natural inclination to mildly dislike Bowser just because Bowser has a hatred of my favorite character?

Maᴙio said:
Is it okay if I have the natural inclination to mildly dislike Bowser just because Bowser has a hatred of my favorite character?

Yes, because that means you are disliking him for what you are supposed to dislike him for.

I hate Baby Rosalina. Just the fact that she exists makes me mad. She's not an interesting character, and is pointless.

Anser said:
Daisy: her voice.

Incoming Cirdec detected.

Mcmadness said:
Maᴙio said:

Yes, because that means you are disliking him for what you are supposed to dislike him for.
Do you dislike Mario for the same reason? :/

Nysic said:
I hate Baby Rosalina. Just the fact that she exists makes me mad. She's not an interesting character, and is pointless.
I agree. I can't think of one good reason Baby Rosalina *has* to be there in such a big budget game.

Back