Characters you hate and why you hate them.

Re: Why do perfectly fine characters like Yoshi, DK, Peach, Daisy, and Koopa Kid get

Opinions. Not everyone likes the same things you like.

Re: Why do perfectly fine characters like Yoshi, DK, Peach, Daisy, and Koopa Kid get

People like different things, something that you might hate could be loved by a lot of people.

i think some of the koopa kid hate comes from the fact that their only purpose is to screw over the player.

the others though i can see your point.

I hate Koopa Kid (because he is ugly, :bowjr: for the win), :yoshi: is one of my favorites, :peach: is okay, :daisy: is not bad, and :dk: is helpful.

And there is no character who all people in the world will agree to like. Different strokes for different folks

Because opinions exist and they are different for other people.
Now, the only way for it not to be acceptable is death threats to the people who like them because they "like something I don't."

Megaman said:
I hate Koopa Kid (because he is ugly, :bowjr: for the win)

I find Bowser Jr and the Koopalings ugly and therefore prefer Koopa Kid.

Why do perfectly fine characters like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings get so much hate?

3D Player 2004 said:
3D Player, don't complain that your favourite characters get hate and then hate on other people's favourite characters.

3D Player 2004 said:
Megaman said:
I hate Koopa Kid (because he is ugly, :bowjr: for the win)

Bowser Jr and the Koopalings are not ugly! Anyway, I think Peach is okay, Daisy is annoying, Yoshi is okay, but sometimes annoying, DK is funny and Koopa Kids are failed clones of Bowser who have almost no brain.

I like :yoshi:, :dk: is amazing, :peach: is okay, :daisy: is better than Peach, and I didn't really like Koopa Kid and am glad he stopped appearing and was replaced.

It's called people having opinions.

:yoshi: is probably my favorite Mario character, :dk: is also amazing, :peach: is boring, :daisy: is slightly better than Peach, and Koopa Kid should stay out because Bowser Jr. does his job better.

Also, 3D Player 2004, you are the biggest hypocrite I have ever met either irl or on the internet.

You people (most of you) don't understand what I'm asking. I am asking people why they hate these characters. But you keep on just telling me your basic opinions on them without saying why you have that opinion. I understand that you people have opinions and respect that. What I want to know and what I'm asking is why you have those opinions which very few of you are taking seriously. I made this thread because a lot of people on this thread were saying that they didn't like Koopa Kid without contributing a reason so I made this thread asking people for their reason and adding 4 more characters and asking people why they hate those characters too.

I guess some people dislike them because they find them either to be generic (Yoshi), boring (DK), useless (Peach), annoying (Daisy) or forgettable (Koopa Kid).

EDIT: I personally like all of these characters (I don't really care much for Koopa Kid, but he's alright), but opinions are opinions, not everyone is going to like the same things as you like.

3D Player 2004 said:
You people (most of you) don't understand what I'm asking. I am asking people why they hate these characters. But you keep on just telling me your basic opinions on them without saying why you have that opinion. I understand that you people have opinions and respect that. What I want to know and what I'm asking is why you have those opinions which very few of you are taking seriously. I made this thread because a lot of people on this thread were saying that they didn't like Koopa Kid without contributing a reason so I made this thread asking people for their reason and adding 4 more characters and asking people why they hate those characters too.

I get the feeling you don't understand your own question.

There have been several people here who explained what they think makes the Koopa Kid characters disliked. Most notably their unappealing visual design, their purely antagonistic role, and their genericness.

Do you want an explanation on why people feel such things? How people develop bad chemistry with certain characters? I don't see what you would gain from knowing those exact mechanics.

Azuza Nakao specifically stated that (s)he hated Koopa Kid without stating why (s)he hated them.

Yes, and that invalidates what I said how?

There are still other people who gave you reasons. Why are you ignoring those?

Also, Azuza Nakano, or anyone else for that matter, is not obligated to justify their opinions to you in any way if they don't want to.

Ok, I know that they don't have to to do that but this thread is specifically asking people why which makes their post slightly off topic.

Yoshi: It's just here but actually he has lots of fans.

DK: I don't see him getting so much hate.

Peach: Because damsel in detress.

Daisy: Lots of people hate her voice.

Koopa Kid:
Mr. Edo said:
Most notably their unappealing visual design, their purely antagonistic role, and their genericness.

I believe the phrasing of the question is ambiguous enough to make their reply justified. I mean the original post doesn't even ask about reasons specifically, all that is asked is "why do these characters get hate?".

Which incidentally is the reason you keep getting explanations on what an opinion is, because "people have different opinions" is pretty much the answer to that specific questions.

Ok, I am sorry about being so ambiguous. I promise to try to be more clear in the future in the first run through things.
I changed the question so that this thread is now a bash whatever character you want thread with reason.

3D Player 2004 said:
Ok, I know that they don't have to to do that but this thread is specifically asking people why which makes their post slightly off topic.

It's not off-topic in the slightest, I was still talking about the characters in question. If you really want to know:

Mr. Edo said:
Most notably their unappealing visual design, their purely antagonistic role, and their genericness.
Meloetta said:
Koopa Kid should stay out because Bowser Jr. does his job better.

These posts sum it up better, and I found him annoying especially in Mario Party 7.

I hate Rosalina because she is overrated, overused, and stupid.

Not trying to offend Rosalina fans, just saying my opinion.

Mr. Edo said:

I guess I should mention that this doesn't mirror my own opinion. I don't really have an actual opinion on the Koopa Kids. They were always just kind of there.

Back