Characters you hate and why you hate them.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the closest character I've come to hating is Bowser. I personally consider him to be the single, most overrated video game villain of all time. Not only are most of his plans repetitive and generally lacking in the originality department, but then the developers show all this blatant favoritism toward him, especially in some of the recent games. I do like him as an anti-hero, but as a villain, I don't think he's anything special, and as such, I'm not impressed with him in the least.

SolarBlaze said:
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the closest character I've come to hating is Bowser. I personally consider him to be the single, most overrated video game villain of all time. Not only are most of his plans repetitive and generally lacking in the originality department, but then the developers show all this blatant favoritism toward him, especially in some of the recent games. I do like him as an anti-hero, but as a villain, I don't think he's anything special, and as such, I'm not impressed with him in the least.

You've said this a few times but I really don't get how they can show favouritism when he is the main villain of the franchise.

Being designated as such means 8 times out of 10 he's gonna be there.

Mcmadness said:
I really don't get how they can show favouritism when he is the main villain of the franchise.
Dream Team and Yoshi's New Island. Need I say more? Yes, I know they were made by different subbranches, but they're still prime examples. The former, I'm especially outraged by, but since you've already seen my thoughts on the matter, I won't get into too much detail with it. Even if Bowser is the main antagonist, that doesn't mean he has to be the only recurring villain. I'm a hundred percent sure that I'm not the only one who's outright sick of him at this point.

Meh, I dunno about Yoshi's New Island, it's that Arzest aka Artoon were striving to be as lazy as possible when designing that game.

Maybe so, but...

...I didn't have much of a problem with Baby Bowser being there. My issue is with Present/Adult Bowser showing up out of nowhere. Yes, the in-game text claimed that he "warped through time and space", but unlike Yoshi's Island DS, time travel had no relevance to the plot whatsoever, and that was done just for the sake of doing it.

SolarBlaze said:
Maybe so, but...

...I didn't have much of a problem with Baby Bowser being there. My issue is with Present/Adult Bowser showing up out of nowhere. Yes, the in-game text claimed that he "warped through time and space", but unlike Yoshi's Island DS, time travel had no relevance to the plot whatsoever, and that was done just for the sake of doing it.

Yeah I think that was insanely stupid

...didn't the same happen in Yoshi's Island DS?

This definitely begs the question: what the hell are adult Mario and adult Luigi doing anyway?

Baby Luigi said:
...didn't the same happen in Yoshi's Island DS?
Yes, but time travel was actually entailed in that game's storyline. It even had cutscenes throughout the game which showed this. In Yoshi's New Island, it happened out of nowhere, and there was no explanation given for it.

It sounds like a big-lipped alligator moment.

scratch that, it IS a big-lipped alligator moment

SolarBlaze said:
Mcmadness said:
I really don't get how they can show favouritism when he is the main villain of the franchise.
Dream Team and Yoshi's New Island. Need I say more? Yes, I know they were made by different subbranches, but they're still prime examples. The former, I'm especially outraged by, but since you've already seen my thoughts on the matter, I won't get into too much detail with it. Even if Bowser is the main antagonist, that doesn't mean he has to be the only recurring villain. I'm a hundred percent sure that I'm not the only one who's outright sick of him at this point.

Dream Team they actually forshadowed and it actually plays out as a plot twist because in the M&L series him being the villain is the unexpected thing.

As for YNI, yeah I agree that was stupid, but I found out that apparently doesn't happen if you use that game's version of super guide to finish any of the levels and only happens if if you beat the game properly.

That being said its a pretty meh game anyhow so thats not really the character's fault.

Koopalings: Too many of them, took too many slots in Mario Kart 8, stolen from: Boo, Koopa Kid, Dixie Kong, Kiddy Kong, King K Rool, Birdo, and Kritter.
Bowser Jr took Koopa Kids slot in Mario Party.
Funky Kong, Dry Bowser, Dry Bones, stole Kiddy Kongs, King K Rools, and Dixie Kong spot in Mario Kart Wii respectively.
King Boo: stole Boos slot in MK:DD and Wii.
Petey Piranha: Stole Shy Guys spot in MK:DD.
Metal Mario: Stole :waluigi: slot in Mario Kart 7, stole :bowjr: spot in Mario Kart 8.
Pink Gold Peach/Honey Queen: stole :diddy: slot in Mario Kart 8/7 respectively.
Wiggler: Stole :bowjr: slot in Mario Kart 7.
Dry Bones, R.O.B: stole Koopa Troopas, Bowser Jrs spot in MKDS.

Kart Player 2008 said:
Koopalings: Too many of them, took too many slots in Mario Kart 8, stolen from: Boo, Koopa Kid, Dixie Kong, Kiddy Kong, King K Rool, Birdo, and Kritter.
Funky Kong, Dry Bowser, Dry Bones, stole Kiddy Kongs, King K Rools, and Dixie Kong spot in Mario Kart Wii respectively.
Metal Mario: Stole :waluigi: slot in Mario Kart 7, stole :bowjr: spot in Mario Kart 8.
None of them "stole" spots. The roster numbers are undecided until they decide they want no more characters.

I don't like Pink Gold Peach or Metal Mario, but not for your reasons. They seem like generic recolours and I don't like it. While I do joke around with metal versions of different characters, I don't want any more metals.

daisy

she's just so ugh, her voice is annoying, she's a recolour of peach, and did i already say this in this thread?

she pissed me off in MKDS with her whiny voice and the way she always screams "hai i'm daisy" as she overtakes you

frankly i used to play races with her just so i could beat her to a pulp with constant red shells and bob-ombs and shit

make her feel the pain of her own voice

Priam said:
the way she always screams "hai i'm daisy" as she overtakes you

...she never said that when she overtakes you. the most she said that when she switches positions to be the item thrower

Priam said:
she pissed me off in MKDS with her whiny voice and the way she always screams "hai i'm daisy" as she overtakes you

frankly i used to play races with her just so i could beat her to a pulp with constant red shells and bob-ombs and shit

Her voice isn't as annoying now as it was in MKDS.
Then again, the sound quality was pretty sucky and that's why I hate the music for DS Bowser's Castle.

Kart Player 2008 said:
And you know this how

"I hate birdo because he stole Donkey Kong Jr's spot in MK:DD"

Magikrazy said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
And you know this how

"I hate birdo because he stole Donkey Kong Jr's spot in MK:DD"
Because apparently, if a character you want doesn't make it in, you blame it on another one.
Also, saying King Boo stole Boo's spot? wut

Stargazing said:
yoshiking14x said:
What do you think about the cosmic Marios who follow Mario and Luigi?
I can never outrun them.

Oh, you mean the recolour opinion? I don't like them.

They made me crazy because it was hard to avoid them and the other obstacles.

Priam said:

She doesn't scream "Hi! I'm Daisy!" in MKDS, it's in Double Dash.

Back