Super Mario Maker

i didnt even unlock expert difficulty yet

all i have is easy and normal, and all normal stages i had so far were easy as well.

I try to make levels I'd actually expect to see in a Nintendo game.

With a few adjustments here and there.

Levels playing itself is alright, But i perfer actually playing the level myself because it's more fun :D

Nintendo64Dude said:
Levels playing itself is alright, But i perfer actually playing the level myself because it's more fun :D

Ditto here. My courses do require players to put some effort into completing them, but I try to make sure that the course's difficulty is fair enough to actually complete; absolutely no Kaizo nonsense.

I'm sick of seeing courses that make you die immediately so you don't even have time to react because it takes away a life right away. Oh and I also am not liking it when they'll have a door and the door sends you to your death

I have heard of those Kazio levels, and they sound like really hard!, Also MnSG my copy of SMM is coming tomorrow!

Nintendo64Dude said:
I have heard of those Kazio levels, and they sound like really hard!, Also MnSG my copy of SMM is coming tomorrow!

There are a good amount of YouTube videos that show how brutal the Kaizo courses can be, especially in Super Mario World.

Anyway, feel free to try out any of my Super Mario Maker courses, and if you like them, be sure to star them; if you receive enough stars, your upload limit will increase.

Glitchy said:
What is everyone's favourite game style? I'm personally enjoying Super Mario World the most.
Aesthetically I'd say SMB3 > SMW > SMB > NSMB but all my levels are SMB and SMB3 because they're the ones I'm most familiar with

Threek said:
I've been noticing the "level plays itself" gimmick more than anything. I know a lot of work goes into those but I'm already tired of seeing them. And the game's only been out for 2 days.

Yeah those appear to be REALLY boring to play through

But as GameFreak said, it's less of an evil than 99% of the "expert" levels

Meta Knight said:
I'm sick of seeing courses that make you die immediately so you don't even have time to react because it takes away a life right away. Oh and I also am not liking it when they'll have a door and the door sends you to your death
Yeah, and unfortunately, they are possible to beat, which makes it suck even more.

Mcmadness said:

same here

also i wish you could upload more levels without having to get stars

I know, I thought that was a dumb idea to prevent level flooding.

Lucas said:
Mcmadness said:

same here

I think the main sin is that the gimmicky courses end up getting much more attention than the courses that actually try to follow Nintendo's standards for a Super Mario course. Why would a course that automatically completes itself be more popular than one where you actually have to put some effort into completing it?!

Yes I know that the automatic courses are designed to test out all the tools at their fullest, but they can get quite old and repetitive after a while.

Basically, if you're making courses that try to follow Nintendo's standards, they may end up being ignored, simply because they aren't automatic or gimmicky, which is quite dumb if you asked me.

MnSG said:
Lucas said:
Mcmadness said:

same here

I think the main sin is that the gimmicky courses end up getting much more attention than the courses that actually try to follow Nintendo's standards for a Super Mario course. Why would a course that automatically completes itself be more popular than one where you actually have to put some effort into completing it?!

Yes I know that the automatic courses are designed to test out all the tools at their fullest, but they can get quite old and repetitive after a while.

Basically, if you're making courses that try to follow Nintendo's standards, they may end up being ignored, simply because they aren't automatic or gimmicky, which is quite dumb if you asked me.
Or they're ignored. Period. Thanks to the flood.

That's the bad thing about opening up tools to everyone. You give tools to unqualified creators; rather than requiring skill and intelligence to operate the creators, you make it easy to use. It eases access for skilled people but paves way for unskilled people, who outnumber skilled people 10 to 1.

That's an inevitable result from democratizing tools.

I'm maxed at ten uploads, need moar stars

Some of the most popular levels on Super Mario Maker are auto-play or "press forward" levels, where all you have to do is push right on the gamepad and Mario will automatically be propelled through a Rube Goldberg machine of wild jumps and terrifying threats that seem terrifying to negotiate, but you're catapulted through with ease. Think of them like rollercoasters: you simply strap in and ride the ride. Although they're more like performance art than actual play, they're designed around a very precise understanding of how Mario moves in different contexts, and that's knowledge worth learning.[/b]
That's a quote from Laura Hudson from Boingboing.net that I feel perfectly captures my feelings on auto playing levels.

I already got this game!

Although the game only introduced a limited toolset at first, I am already having some challenge making my first level. Yes, I did make my own level, but it's probably quite basic. I also completed the 10 Mario challenge, and I must say that the challenges were interesting, to say the least.

As to creating my fully-fledged level, that's something I haven't considered fully yet.

Thanks for reading.

So it's randomly generated?
I like how there are features in the Smash level that aren't even in Mario Maker(slopes)

That's false advertising. I call corporate sell-out there >_____________________>

Uniju said:
I like how there are features in the Smash level that aren't even in Mario Maker(slopes)
That's rich.

Ok question:

I understand there´s a Unlock Cap for the Costumes in the 100 Mario Challenge, only for Easy mode, so you can´t unlock everything playing small/easy/joke/auto levels....

Someone knows how many times you can play easy mode to unlock the Costumes until the game doesnt let you anymore?
What are your favorite Costumes? Mines are (So far) are
Kart Mario, Ashley, Waluigi, Goomba, Sanic, Robin, Modern Mario, Luigi and Rosalina....i still trying to unlock Diddy Kong, Pit, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, the 3 inklings (2 Kids and a Squid...or they are 2 Squids and a kid?) and Lucina

P.S: Again sorry for the rough english

It took me only 13 times through Easy mode to reach the cap. I also unlocked a whole bunch of amiibo costumes via amiibo thanks to my sister and i's collection, so take that as you will.

Back