Super Mario Maker

I know that you need to get your courses starred to increase your upload limit, but it doesn't really help whenever no one cares about your own work.

i love these
theyre so good

honestly they did a realy good job with the ost
props to koji

MnSG said:
I know that you need to get your courses starred to increase your upload limit, but it doesn't really help whenever no one cares about your own work.

Indeed, thats why I star every course I play.

Mcmadness said:
MnSG said:

Indeed, thats why I star every course I play.

I guess it's a problem on my end, since I have as many as 32 courses planned (four of which have been uploaded now), but you can only upload up to 10 to start out. Your courses need to receive a lot of stars if you want the upload limit to increase.

Well we should all star each others courses then.

We are a community after all.

Nintendo is not great with online features, who knew?

I think there is a fair reason why people need stars from others to be able to upload more courses.

I think it's so that people who make likeable courses can upload more, while the people who just spam rubbish do not get that opportunity.

Avoiding flooding the servers with crap, basically.

that doesn't really work when you see an obviously shit course that took like 10 minutes to make have 3+ stars

What is everyone's favourite game style? I'm personally enjoying Super Mario World the most.

Also apparently commenting on someone's level gives the level a star.

Lakituthequick said:
I think there is a fair reason why people need stars from others to be able to upload more courses.

I think it's so that people who make likeable courses can upload more, while the people who just spam rubbish do not get that opportunity.

Avoiding flooding the servers with crap, basically.
I'm aware of that, and it's understandable that quality content is encouraged. I was always extremely leery of that system because it's inevitable that your courses will be overlooked and total shit will get stars. I'm concerned that good level creators won't get enough stars, thanks to the diarrhea flood of terrible levels since day one. At least there isn't a down-rating system or... that would be really really bad. Although if your creations are good enough to get attention of down-raters, I think that would be more flattering IMO although it would ruin your search reputation.

My main point, however, is the lack of features such as grouping all courses or finding certain groups (like a MarioWiki level group) or something like that. How do you find courses otherwise? You just type the code in a search engine and find them? Sounds horribly inconvenient.

Glitchy said:
What is everyone's favourite game style? I'm personally enjoying Super Mario World the most.

its a tie between smb3 and smw for me
up next is prob smb and then nsmb

I'll be getting this game on Tuesday or Thursday, but personally i'll probably enjoy SMW and SM3, will bring back memories for me, especially for my older bro lol.

Glitchy said:

I've alternated between styles to try out different elements. For example, in the New Super Mario Bros. U style, even if you're wearing a Spiny helmet, you can still get the power-ups from the Question Blocks if you ground pound them. Of course, the power-ups need to have some solid ground to land on.

Glitchy said:

I LOVE Super Mario World too, a love how it looks here, but at the same time, Super Mario Bros. i dont know, it has alot of charm too, a like those 2 styles.

Also, i LOVEEEE this game a lot....I just came from a Super Mario Maker session, tomorrow i will share my levels in the share theard

Thats cool

Which asshole thought that making Expert 100 Mario challenge 16 courses as a good idea? And 99% of them aren't even good designed levels, just a bunch of fucking shitty tricks like enemies in blocks, enemies spam, enemies right at the start of the level so you die in 1 millisecond, shitty blind jumps, the whole checklist of """"""""""""""""""hard level design"""""""""""""""". It's all awful and easily the worst part of this game. Even worse is that costumes are locked behind that mode so you just cant continuously play Easy mode to get all the costumes because it locks you out of getting more costumes from there. Awful.

And why in the unholy fuck is Easy only 8 levels and Expert is 16???? Wouldn't it make more sense to make Expert shorter since the levels are more difficult? Who designed this shit? I can barely make it past 3.

This game is really fun. Can't wait to get everything.

Also can't wait for my internet to come back so I can play other people's levels.

Gamefreak75 said:
Even worse is that costumes are locked behind that mode so you just cant continuously play Easy mode to get all the costumes because it locks you out of getting more costumes from there. Awful.
wait really

Is there even a way to control all those shit levels streaming your way?

I think you can skip them but the problem is that you don't know what it plays like unless you tried it out yourself

I've been noticing the "level plays itself" gimmick more than anything. I know a lot of work goes into those but I'm already tired of seeing them. And the game's only been out for 2 days.

Gamefreak75 said:
Which *bleep* thought that making Expert 100 Mario challenge 16 courses as a good idea? And 99% of them aren't even good designed levels, just a bunch of *bleep*ing *bleep*ty tricks like enemies in blocks, enemies spam, enemies right at the start of the level so you die in 1 millisecond, *bleep*ty blind jumps, the whole checklist of """"""""""""""""""hard level design"""""""""""""""". It's all awful and easily the worst part of this game. Even worse is that costumes are locked behind that mode so you just cant continuously play Easy mode to get all the costumes because it locks you out of getting more costumes from there. Awful.

I think the bigger question that has to be asked is how those Kaizo-styled courses can even be beaten in the first place.

Anyway, it does sound rather disturbing how after enough Easy difficulty runs, you won't be able to unlock more costumes. Clearly, the game wants you to go harder to get the rarer costumes, but you'd have to get very lucky with the course picks if you expect to beat the Expert difficulty at least once.

Back