What do you want in future Mario Installments?

supermariofan said:
Baby Man said:
supermariofan said:
A Mario game with some really heavy *bleep*

Mario Kart 8 already has that. Have you seen the number of heavyweights online?
Heavy as in emotional

oh that's what you mean...

Mario Kart 8 has that too.

Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:
Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Yeah, that's the sad thing. Nintendo doesn't want mainline Mario to have story or any villain besides Bowser. At the very least I hope a new Paper Mario comes out and it goes back to having a deep story like the older installments.

>Paper Mario

>Deep

Pick one
Did you play the first three games?

Yes, they are not deep.
If that ending in Super Paper Mario isn't deep I don't know what is

You obviously don't if you think that was deep.
I think you need to understand the story better to appreciate it. Let me assist you:
http://altermentality.deviantart.com/art/The-Tale-of-Love-A-Super-Paper-Analysis-295194808

Paper Mario said:
I think you need to understand the story better to appreciate it. Let me assist you:
http://altermentality.deviantart.com/art/The-Tale-of-Love-A-Super-Paper-Analysis-295194808

oh my god

I understand SPM's story perfectly fine.

It is not deep.

Whenever people call it or any of the previous PM's ''deep'' it ultimately comes down to this.

Paper Mario said:

That's nothing compared to Nation_State's seminal analysis of Last Battle.

Glowsquid said:
Paper Mario said:

That's nothing compared to Nation_State's seminal analysis of Last Battle.

Except he's not referencing that essay ironically.

Shame, it doesn't include twin-twin sibling love even though the main character is a twin himself.

0/10.

My list:

-More creative boss battles. Many of the koopalings' past battles are dreadfully easy and predictable. I mean, keep them in, but come up with a different way to defeat each of them. Also, have more bosses too. Like, not as a castle level, but in an actual level.

-I agree with the TLOZ gameplay. Have Mario wander around the world looking for the castle, with several outside quests and bosses with no map, and keep on with it through the whole game. This is more rewarding, and you can roam freely through that world without having to go through a certain level first.

-Don't reuse music. Make all-new, original tracks for that game only. It pains people's ears to hear a theme they've already heard a thousand times (New Super Mario Bros. 2)

-More secret worlds. With the TLOZ gameplay I talked about, it'll be more exciting to find a world that you've never seen before.

-New creative enemies. Oh wait, they already do that? Nevermind, then...

-But at the same time, bring back old enemies too. What about Cobrat? Triclyde? Clawgrip? Mouser? Fryguy? What happened? Bring them back! It won't hurt Bowser to make an alliance with Wart!

-More creative level themes. Don't just have "the desert." Is it Arabian? Egyptian? Western? Specify! Or make it food themed like New Super Mario Bros. U!

-Have Bowser be more threatening. Don't add the comedy that ruins his reputation as a true villain. Make him talk to you off-camera, like in Super Mario 64. That adds to the suspense of finally meeting the villain you longed to triumph over the whole game!

-More story in-between. Make the player love the game, and don't just make it the depressingly blank "Princess Peach is kidnapped. Mario saves her. THE END." Make it interesting! Make Peach disguise as something to help Mario, and in the end, Bowser finds out she's gone, and re-kidnaps her to come to the final boss! Although that's only a suggestion, it could work. (Like it did in OOT.)

There you have it. My list of things I want in a new installment but probably are never going to make it in a new game. Feel free to tell me what you think! :D

^Meh I'm against incorporating Zelda elements into Mario games. It's Mario we're talking about, not Zelda

This may be a long shot but how about a Final Fantasy crossover...an ADVENTURE Final Fantasy crossover? I don't know about you but I would like to see Mario go on an adventure with Cloud

supermariofan said:
This may be a long shot but how about a Final Fantasy crossover...an ADVENTURE Final Fantasy crossover? I don't know about you but I would like to see Mario go on an adventure with Cloud

That would never work.

Squi Girl said:
I wanna see genderswaped Mario charaters

Oh fuck that noise.

Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

That would never work.

Um they did it with Disney characters

Baby Man said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

That would never work.

And the final fantasy characters are by and large irrelevant to the plot and setting.

Squi Girl said:
They did it in Hoops 3on3 and Sports Mix

Which wasn't Cloud.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Man said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

That would never work.

And the final fantasy characters are by and large irrelevant to the plot and setting.
That doesn't strengthen your argument, which implies that Mario characters don't fit with Final Fantasy characters.

A return to Subcon videogame, I never fought Wart.

A Luigi game in which Luigi and Waluigi are racing towards Daisy's castle and it turns out Tatanga abducted her and Luigi and Waluigi team up and Daisy becomes unlockable after defeating Tatanga for the first time and Tatanga kidnaps Mario as an act of revenge and Luigi fights him for the second time and Mario becomes unlockable but you have to play as Luigi to fight the final battle. That game should had been made for the Year of Luigi.

Playable:
:luigi: Luigi jumps higher than most characters.
:daisy: Can float like Peach.
:waluigi: Runs the fastest.
:mario: All around.

Maᴙio said:
Mcmadness said:
Baby Man said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

That would never work.

That doesn't strengthen your argument, which implies that Mario characters don't fit with Final Fantasy characters.

My argument is they don't fit with Cloud.

yoshiking14x said:
Playable:
:luigi: Luigi jumps higher than most characters.
:daisy: Can float like Peach.
:waluigi: Runs the fastest.
:mario: Has one extra HP. modified
*shrug*, being the "balanced" guy just inevitably means that he's the worst one. Give him a special trait too so everyone has something going for him or her.

Mcmadness said:
Maᴙio said:
Mcmadness said:
Baby Man said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

That would never work.

My argument is they don't fit with Cloud.
They don't.

But the Disney characters don't exactly mesh well with Sora either.

Back