What do you want in future Mario Installments?

Yeah, this is inexplicable nerfing.

Why people think Super Mario Galaxy 2 somehow refined whatever Super Mario Galaxy 1 did was probably blinded by Yoshi's inclusion.

Yoshi was just fanservice in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Just look at the box. It's as if he's a second character. He appears rarely (thank goodness for me, not so much for others) and all his powerups are kind of lame.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
In Galaxy 2, however, there is a delay between spinning, which is a pain, and I think it rids a part of your health meter, which always sucks.
I thought spinning underwater only made you lose air as Luigi?

That's part of the reason why I hate water levels in Galaxy 1. :P

I think in Galaxy 2, spinning isn't a viable way to move in the water, no matter if you're the older or younger guy.

-More playable characters. Super Mario 3D World was a step in the right direction. I really hope Nintendo doesn't start limiting us to just Mario and Luigi again. I hope Nintendo starts using Peach alot more prominently. Same with Toad and Rosalina.

-The return of the Cape Feather. Heck, we got the Fire Flower back and the Tanooki Leaf as well. I wanna see the Cape Feather return. It's probably my personal favorite Mario powerup in the entire series.

-Bring back some of the older villains like Tatanga and Wart. I'm kinda getting sick of fighting Bowser in every single game. Nintendo should mix it up every once in a while.

The Fire Flower has been in the series since the start, so I wouldn't really use it in an argument saying more old items should return

Good point, but I wold still like to see the Cape Feather come back.

Honestly, if it has polished gameplay and lasting appeal, I'm fine with whatever.

Although I'd like some more non-linear 3D platformers. Not necessarily SM64 style, because I never knew what to do when I was younger, but a game like Galaxy with more exploration. Maybe if they make something like SMG3, they can include the green stars/comet medals to encourage this. I know it sounds like SM3DW, but that had a time limit and this game wouldn't. It doesn't sound like it'd make much of a difference, but I think it would.

So basically, SM3DW with less linear levels and no time limit.

Please, no more Super Mario Galaxy games

Smaug said:
MarioLuigi25 said:
-The return of the Cape Feather.
This soooo much. I would be beyond happy if they did. Anything that brings things back from SMW is great.

I'd rather have a game like Return of the Super Mario Land 1 & 2: With Stuff from Super Mario Bros. 2 USA. It's not every game where there's a level in Mario's happy area that's full of balls.

Zae said:
Baby Luigi said:

and more mario rpgs

:D

Yes, we need more of those.

And crap such as Sticker Star don't count

Zae said:
Baby Luigi said:

and more mario rpgs

:D
While I agree the RPGs are excellent (with the exception of PMSS) spamming them would make them lose quality IMO. What I do want, however, is Nintendo to acknowledge their existence by using characters/references from them in other games.

I also want a modern Mario platformer with a villain that is not Bowser. Perhaps making him playable like in some RPGs? I'd love to play as Bowser and fry Goombas with fire breath. (They can be brainwashed Goombas, like in the RPGs)

New Super Mario Bros. 3

-Koopaling and giant Bowser boss battles
-Return of nostalgic Kuribo Shoe powerup for maximum nostalgic feeling
-Grassland--->Desert--->Tropical--->Snowl--->Water--->Mountain--->Sky--->Volcano world themes.
-Return of NSMB Wii castle theme. bah-bahs are added to any composition that do not already have them.
-"Race against the clock" theme (but no leaderboards to compare time).

FawfulTheSnowman said:
I also want a modern Mario platformer with a villain that is not Bowser. Perhaps making him playable like in some RPGs? I'd love to play as Bowser and fry Goombas with fire breath. (They can be brainwashed Goombas, like in the RPGs)
have you played bowser's inside story

or paper mario: the thousand year door or super paper mario

I think he means he means want a platformer where Bowser is playable, not an RPG.

I mean the main series. SPM is a platformer but it is also an RPG (one of my favorites though)

I am talking about a Super Mario title like 3DW, with Bowser as a playable character and a new villain (or returning villain like Wart)

Glowsquid said:
New Super Mario Bros. 3

-Koopaling and giant Bowser boss battles
-Return of nostalgic Kuribo Shoe powerup for maximum nostalgic feeling
-Grassland--->Desert--->Tropical--->Snowl--->Water--->Mountain--->Sky--->Volcano world themes.
-Return of NSMB Wii castle theme. bah-bahs are added to any composition that do not already have them.
-"Race against the clock" theme (but no leaderboards to compare time).

lol

But you made a mistake. Substitute "Water" for "Jungle"

And a Snowl world sounds nice.

I want a Mario/Sonic platformer.

Back