Your headcanons

According to the Mario Party 5 bio, Mario is referred to as a "Brooklyn kid"

"Kid" in this context is probably slang for a casual, young person, maybe with a slight bit of mischievous

you guys remember Super Princess Peach and how there was a General Bro. Well in my headcanon he is currently training to surpass Peach, not knowing Peach doesn't expect him to return and is not training. I expect that he is even stronger then Mario at this point, but he's fear of losing to Peach again is making him continue training. I also believe he managed to keep his power of anger, and has mastered it to a point that he can use it without making himself rage out, like Super Saiyan.
I do not believe he will come back in my headcanon, as he lost to Peach and is extremely scared of losing again with his new power, after all she is the damsel. This also goes without saying, but he left before Peach beat Bowser, so he doesn't know Bowser also lost.

Mario admires Luigi as the braver and more talented brother, but Luigi is too self conscious to accept that, and no one else believes Mario when he insists it to them.

I'm just...gonna drop this here...yeah... *throws it onto the ground and leaves*
boo_lore.png

Mario's stories are told through his video games. Unfortunately some of the games can be twisted interpretations of what actually happened.

If you've played Super Mario Galaxy, you probably know the entire story arc of Mario going into space and being valiant and successful in his efforts to recruit the powerful cosmic goddess Rosalina and then vanquish evil King Bowser from destroying the entire universe.

That's all a fluke.

Mario did went on a mission to save Princess Peach from Bowser in space, but Mario miserably and embarrassingly failed to rescue Princess Peach. It's actually a pretty damning failure. In reality, for one mission to earn Power Stars, he was tasked to clean out garbage in Space Junk Galaxy under strict quotas for a Power Star, but the games trivialized it somewhat. The actual area Mario had to clean was much bigger and there were no explosives involved. Mario repeatedly could not get the Power Star he needed, and it took him so long to finally get the thing that Rosalina managed to find other Power Stars through exploration and whatnot, and she's the one who ultimately took on Bowser and defeated him.

Mario did manage to assist Rosalina through cleaning her clothes and arranging some books in the library in the meantime, but it was too late. Due to the single Grand Star he did collect (the rest were Rosalina's efforts), he was spared from the resulting explosion that Rosalina triggered to cleanse Bowser's influence. Mario, mortified of his failures, begged Rosalina to recreate a world where people thought he was savior of Peach from Bowser. His pleas worked, as he needed to maintain his positive image to help morale and security for the Mushroom Kingdomers and later on, he made up his adventures to the developers of Super Mario Galaxy so the video game was made to celebrate him.

Mario never got the Baby Luma (because it doesn't exist), so he never knew how to Star Spin. It was actually Rosalina's abilities. Rosalina was indeed missing her parents, however but the actual story about the Star Festival is exaggerated a bit.

Luigi wasn't even aware of these events. Not even before the world exploding.

Also Super Mario Galaxy 2 was also not an accurate recreation of events. It wasn't success or failure, however. Lubba does exist. Mario, however, spent this time cleaning the ship and doing basic maintenance that Lubba contracted him to do. The ship launched with success, and the game was made instead to celebrate yet another space-laden adventure. Everything, however, was made up.

The events of Luigi's Mansion are shockingly accurate.

The only thing about Paper Mario that has any bearing to the reality of Mushroom Kingdom is Mario's House.

here's another headcanon of mine: some toads work for bowser

if some goombas can side with the mushroom kingdom why can't some toads side with the bowser kingdom
The closest thing we've ever had to evil Toads was just the Koopa Bros. in disguise.

FTG's feelings on the species not withstanding 😏

here's another headcanon of mine: some toads work for bowser

if some goombas can side with the mushroom kingdom why can't some toads side with the bowser kingdom
their motivation can even be "we're ruled by a human, where's the toad rulers"

Birdos have higher muscle density than Yoshis. That's why Birdo has higher power and weight stats than Yoshis in the games they're in that feature those stats, as well as the Turbo Birdo being heavier than the Turbo Yoshi.

If that was their reasoning why would they work for bowser
Conspiracy theories floating around. Even the ludicrous ones in real life get widely accepted, so anything should go in the Mario World too.

I think that Spinies don't have shells. They just keep the egg they hatched from on their back until their real shell grows...
DMW-BuzzyBeetle.png

Unlike the eggs, these shells are even fireproof!

I think that Spinies don't have shells. They just keep the egg they hatched from on their back until their real shell grows...
View attachment 27868
Unlike the eggs, these shells are even fireproof!
Um, that's a Buzzy Beetle. While they're fireproof, Spinies aren't.

Plus, while they're called "Spiny Eggs" in English, the Japanese word "Paipo" is a nonsense word that has nothing to do with eggs in any way. The Spiny Eggs are likely not actually supposed to be eggs in the first place.

Hell, we see Spinies ball themselves up as a defense mechanism in TTYD, if I remember right.

Donkey Kong pops out of random places and screams "BATTLESHIP" (dunno why).

Maybe he just wants someone to play Battleship with him. Chess too.

DK is the smartest out of the bunch, he's just very humble.

Actually we got this whole headcanon because Donkey Kong yells DAWNKEY KONG!!!!! in Mario Strikers when you pick him. In 2013 (when the post was made) the Battleship movie was a thing to mock, so whenever me and my sister see like the boardgame for it, particularly the one that promotes the movie, we shout "BATTLESHIP!" in the same way Donkey Kong says that name. This was later headcanoned that Donkey Kong loves screaming BATTLESHIP!!! out of nowhere.

Battleship is Donkey Kong's favorite movie. He doesn't know how to play the game it was based on.

Daisy changed her look as a coping mechanism from the trauma of being kidnapped and watching her subjects brainwashed and enslaved.

Mario's height is 5'4" (162.5cm) which is 64 inches, because I want my N64 jokes dagnabbit. But it only works properly in inches unfortunately.
HOWEVER! This can be used for more. See the chart below.
1660362390811.png

Using this size chart and my own height (5'6" or 66"/167.5cm) we can determine that Mario's nose is about the same size of an irl human's head, or 6"/15cm in diameter.
J - Mario height comparison.png

Luigi seems to be about 6" taller than Mario in the chart, putting him at 5'10", with Daisy probably an inch or two taller. Peach is a full foot taller than Mario at 6'4".
And I still put Pauline at this height rather than whatever Odyssey did, so she's probably about a foot above me at 6'6".
1660362953611.png

And why do I reject Odyssey's height? Observe:
1660363197173.png

1660363205461.png

Odyssey is in clear violation of the chart and should not be trusted for heights.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

What sucks about the Odyssey height is that it's used for Gmod too and thus you can't really make pictures because Mario seems to struggle even reaching for the door knob and it just ain't right.

I have a couple grievances with this chart:
  • Bullet Bill, Boo, and Lakitu should be at ground level to get a more accurate size.
  • Dry Bones is slightly taller (something you can't really notice unless you zoom in) than Koopa Troopa and Koopa Paratroopa, despite being the undead version of both.
  • Diddy Kong has his tail up, so his real height would be up to his hat.
  • Piranha Plant is in it's pipe, meaning that P. Plant's actual height is much shorter.

And Wario, the most important character, is covered by that stupid oversized bikini-wearing Little Shop of Horrors.

• Dry Bones is slightly taller (something you can't really notice unless you zoom in) than Koopa Troopa and Koopa Paratroopa, despite being the undead version of both.
I think Dry Bones is standing more upright, which is why they appear taller than the Koopas.

Tbf Dry Bones anatomy doesn't 100% line up with Koopa either

Back