Your headcanons

If they were the children of his cousin they would just be his 2nd cousins, not nieces and nephews.
I have no idea how this family stuff works.

I have no idea how this family stuff works.
Cousins and their children are cousins, sibling's children and their children are nieces and nephews.

Aunts and uncles are the brothers/sisters of your parents/grand parents.

the semantics of kinship-related terms may change between languages, and we don't know what Mario Fan's native language is.

in mine there's no such thing as "fourth cousin thrice removed", there's just "nephew/niece of [first, second etc.] cousin"

if it's the same for Mario Fan, then the confusion would be understandable. heck, it's understandable either way :p

the semantics of kinship-related terms may change between languages, and we don't know what Mario Fan's native language is.

in mine there's no such thing as "fourth cousin thrice removed", there's just "nephew/niece of [first, second etc.] cousin"

if it's the same for Mario Fan, then the confusion would be understandable. heck, it's understandable either way :p
You are correct about my family not having that stuff.

To me, Metal Mario is his own character, but Gold Mario is a form of Metal Mario. Metal Mario is normally slow and difficult at jumping, but as Gold Mario, he has Mario's normal agility powers.

All the humans are autistic.
Bowser's also autistic.
Bowser Jr. has ADHD.
Based on their rpg dialogue, most of the common species are neurotypical (ie. Toad, Koopa).

Peach has adopted Toadette as her little sister. They do a lot of cute fun sister stuff, Toadette looks up to Peach as a role model.

Waluigi is a homeless traveler who hops trains. He has a harmonica and an accordion, he plays both badly. He sometimes resides/affords shady apartments near Wario's house, but has trouble keeping up with the rent. So he usually just sleeps in the nearest dumpster when visiting his ol' chum.

Donkey Kong has a desk job at Toys Inc. He's often taking calls as the company's troubleshooter.
"Have you tried turning it off, banging it on the wall, and turning it back on?"

Last edited:
Mario has adhd. He's impulsive, he struggled at school, he's really disorganized, he's forgetful, he blurts things out, and he doesn't act his age. One thing part of adhd he doesn't seem to have is emotional dysregulation though maybe he's learned to manage it and most of his emotions are just hidden and bottled up anyway.

Luigi has it too, but just more subtle. He likes things orderly but only because he has managed his symptoms in that regard. He also is forgetful and disorganized, but he does better in school. He also has a lot of rejection sensitivity dysphoria marked by anxiety, and his emotional dyregulation is worse. Luigi also might have autism.

They don't know they have it so they've hurt each other's feelings during chore wars. They've both been accused of being lazy by each other, their enemies, and even well intentioned criticisms by their friends like Peach.

A lot of these are more serious and logical based but these are mine.

1: The koopalings aren't Bowser's kids but his neices and nephews
2: dry Bones are actually just Koopa who decided it was cooler to be a skelly
3: goombas are just a different toad society
4: Metal/Gold Mario are just clones made by Bowser to help train Bowser's armies and the koopalings
5: All of the koopalings have some form of mental thing. (ex. Iggy has ADHD)

A lot of these are more serious and logical based but these are mine.
Wait are you saying ours are serious and logical based or that yours are serious and logical based?

Also I think that boom boom is Bowser's cousin. If he was just another person in Bowser's army he wouldn't have as many luxuries gifted by Bowser than he does. (Or maybe I'm just weird and is close to my cousins) Either way the more you dive into this the more it makes sense

Words can have multiple meanings... "kid" in this context doesn't mean "literally a child"

Oops that's my bad, forgot for a moment that that's a lesser known term. Also forgetting the word for "lesser known/lesser enjoyed/used by a group"

Back