Your headcanons

More a dumb theory, but the Illumination film will be used as an opportunity to bring back this enemy
Roketonartwork2.PNG

By way of reused Minion model in a plane.

Shhhhhh, you'll give them ideas...

What even is that, though? And where is it from?

Kinda crazy but whatever.
Toadette is an evil dictator who is trying to overthrow Peach. Bowser Jr. is know head of the Koopas. Luigi has given up on adventuring to start a ghost busting company. Toadswoth has died of cancer. And Lakitus are actually the angels of dead mushroom people.

Toadette has almost attempted to murder Blue Toad (see New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe), though it just seems Blue Toad was just busy depositing money at a bank.

The Mario & Sonic games take place on an alternate world where the Olympics mean everything and everybody devotes all their time and effort towards them and is generally a nice and peaceful place.

Kidnappings happen because Bowser gets bored easily between parties, races, and sporting events. They're usually generally harmless (1-Ups aplenty all around), with a few exceptions. One example is when he broke the universe.

You didn't actually.

But to answer your question I always looked at 1-ups as something that only existed as a gameplay mechanic and not an actual thing that exists in universe.

practically every toads last name is literally Toad. the toad that frequently appears whose name is toad is actually just referred to by his last name for whatever reason and he does have a normal name. same applies to captain toad. toadette got unlucky with her first name i guess

That old DK's whole torso looks like a fidget spinner tbh

Toad's first and last name is Toad so, just like Mario and Luigi. Something.

You might think Toadette is unlucky with her first name, but Toad naming schemes are notoriously uncreative or lame. Look at Toadsworth. Blue Toad's name is literally Blue Toad. Ditto Yellow Toad. Tayce T, Trini T, Faetalitt T., Zest T. Who names their kids that? Only Toads.

The generic magikoopa emenies we see in the Mario games are all clones created and summoned by Kamek as a way for him to assist Bowser without actually doing so, as his increasing age made it harder for him to do so himself, which is why he and they all look identical bar different colored outfits.

I mean, he can already summon clones in several of his boss fights, so why not take it to the logical extreme?

Last edited:
That's an interesting way to reverse the usual "Magikoopa's a species and this 'Kamek' isn't really an individual" as seen in European games.

Played some good Punch-Out yesterday, thought about how Mario was a referee that one time, thought about some fanfic I was reading recently, and it reminded me to share my newest headcanon, which I wish I thought of fully on my own. Punch-Out and Super Mario Bros exist in the same universe.

Not only that, but since Lil Mac's also a New York native just as I imagine the Mario Bros are (though instead of being from Brooklyn, Lil Mac comes straight from the Bronx), I headcanon that Mario and Luigi met Little Mac early in their lives before they became Mushroom Kingdom heroes. At the time, Mac was still an amateur and hadn't gone pro yet. He immediately became one of the Bro's earliest and closest pals, and they often sparred with him before he found Doc Louis. They attended all his early matches, and Mario stepped in for the referee for just one match when the normal referee fell ill. While they don't see each other often anymore because of the adventures, the Bros still consider Mac one of the most important people of their early lives.

Last edited:
In-universe Mario characters don't age the way we do. In fact, Mario was born an adult who later became a baby and then back to an adult again. Truly, they age by graphics. As seen in Super Mario Sunshine, when Fludd was showing Mario's past, he was once 8bit, and then 64bit, and so on.

Back