Your headcanons

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
1-Up Mushrooms respawn you at certain checkpoints, while Life Shrooms resurrect you where you died.

Not really a headcanon, I suppose.

Wallop

Jump at every opportunity, Live for the moment!
Someday there will be a canon 3D platformer where Bowser falls ill of a flu, and Junior steps up as temporary kidnapper, and imprisons all Mario, Luigi, and Peach. E.Gadd responds to the crisis with his time machine, summoning the Baby Bros. to rescue the heroes. With little to no explanation, the babies are far superior in athletic ability than their older counterparts, rivaling Junior. They get a Chain Chomp ally. The only catch is the babies are weaker than the adults, they have to deal double the hits to enemies.

Last edited:

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Lavalava Island is Yoshi's island. Yes they call it a different place but it's filled with nothing but yoshi characters. It's redundant to pretend it's a different place.

Therefore in my mind it is yoshi's island.

MetaWeegee

Dancing is Forbidden!
Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel like Bowser Jr and most of the Koopalings are mostly not 100% evil and mostly antagonize Mario because A: Bowser makes them do so, and B: Entertainment value (jn the case of Roy), and would likely be relatively good people without Bowser's influence (some more than others). Lemmy is the only one that's fully pure, though, and he actually pretty much lets Mario win all their fights. (He really couldn't care less about this whole "evil" crap). The only naturally evil Koopalings are Ludwig and Roy (and the latter is pretty much "evil" in the same way high school/college jocks are. Ludwig might be more evil than Bowser tho)

Last edited:

Striker Mario

🚛Practicing soccer in a sewage treatment plant
Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel like Bowser Jr and most of the Koopalings are mostly not 100% evil and mostly antagonize Mario because A: Bowser makes them do so, and B: Entertainment value (jn the case of Roy), and would likely be decent-ish people without Bowser's influence (some more than others). Lemmy is the only one that's fully pure, though, and he actually pretty much lets Mario win all their fights. (He really couldn't care less about this whole "evil" crap). The only naturally evil Koopalings are Ludwig and Roy (and the latter is pretty much "evil" in the same way high school/college jocks are. Ludwig might be more evil than Bowser tho)
I think Iggy also isn't evil, just nuts. He annoys the other Koopalings with his screaming and harmful contraptions that frequently blow up.

Larry's the type who resent Mario though and wants to beat Mario at every sport or something.

Wendy also resents Mario because he's mean to Bowser and because Mario's super ugly.

Ludwig takes his job at being an enemy to Mario very seriously, and he considers himself a leader. He composes terrible music in his spare time.

Morton is just dumb and friendly, can even listen to Mario if Mario barks orders hard enough at him.

Lemmy isn't a threat to Mario but he likes to pick on those smaller than himself like a cocky 6-year old.

Roy treats the ladies better than the guys, so treats Peach way better than Mario, and he loves picking on the smaller Koopalings.

By the way I say Mario because they don't hold that strong of an opinion on Luigi except disliking him, but Mario's their prime target.

ZelenPixel

hey rayman were in minecraft
she straight up calls mario cute in color splash too lmao (also shes right)
anyway i def agree with these. i feel lemmy would be at least a lil excited to fight mario but will gladly befriend him too

Striker Mario

Wendy didn't seem to think he was ugly in Paper Jam.
I don't consider that canon because the episode The Beauty of Kootie left such a horrible taste in my mouth that carries on here.

I mean, yeah, Mario's cute, but this is tiresome especially in the Paper Mario series.

Striker Mario

That episode had Mario falling in love with some human girl/woman that Wendy disguised herself (where the animators did a poor job of depicting Wendy as a woman and looks more like a girl) but there's another part where Luigi's disguised to pull off some hilarious hijinx. Wendy falls for it, wants privacy with Luigi in the dungeon, and dresses up the room with candles and sofas.

So seeing Wendy remark on how cute Mario is reminds me of that and to me, I prefer the headcanon where Wendy thinks Mario's ugly and she also thinks she can be a better fashion model than Peach, Pauline, or Waluigi.

Beauty pageants don't exist because Mushroom Kingdom is above that sort of stuff.

Striker Mario

I'm aware Wendy's underaged. But if they're going to make Mario fall for her, at least make her disguised as an adult woman? It still would be unacceptable but at least Mario's not acting horribly unsettling, and it's Wendy that's the problem? I still attribute it to design incompetence but it was a REALLY BAD MISTAKE.

Doc von Schmeltwick

Perhaps AYE could be of assistance?!
She's taller than normal, I guess? Princess Toadstool in that show's teenage too, according to the Writer's Bible, but at least she doesn't get into that sort of weird situation....'side from that episode with Bowser's mother trying to marry her to Bowser.

I think the "disguising Luigi as a still-adult Koopa for her to get all flirty over" thing is what ultimately made this one blatantly problematic.

Marchionne

Witch of Rebirth
I think the "disguising Luigi as a still-adult Koopa for her to get all flirty over" thing is what ultimately made this one blatantly problematic.
Atleast it gave us some meme potential along with the line "But I had to kiss Kootie Pie!"

MetaWeegee

Dancing is Forbidden!
Atleast it gave us some meme potential along with the line "But I had to kiss Kootie Pie!"
Well, the cartoons in general have a fair amount of meme potential. They're a classic example of "So Bad, It's Good." I can't really call a series that makes me laugh so much "bad", even if it's not for the right reasons, XD. That being said, that Kootie Pie episode wasn't one of those. I remember being creeped out after hearing about the episode later on, for reasons already stated. (Now that I remember, Wendy's human disguise didn't even look 13. Look, I'd imagine Mario prefers younger women, but... no, not like this. Just.. pure Squick. Ewww.)

However, there is one genuienly great addition to the greater Mario series that came directly from those shows IMO. Namely, Mario and Luigi coming from Brooklyn, a backstory I really like, so I am grateful to the cartoons for that alone. That's basically my only magor headcanon that directly came from the cartoons, though, and I otherwise write off their existence completely (well, apart from them being proficient in Plumb Fu, but I picture it being very different in everything but name, so it dosen't really count)

Wow, I just went on a tangent on TAO fucking SMB3. I guess anything is possible. (Shrugs)

Last edited:

Bowser II

Just like the first one, except better.
Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel like Bowser Jr and most of the Koopalings are mostly not 100% evil and mostly antagonize Mario because A: Bowser makes them do so, and B: Entertainment value (jn the case of Roy), and would likely be relatively good people without Bowser's influence (some more than others). Lemmy is the only one that's fully pure, though, and he actually pretty much lets Mario win all their fights. (He really couldn't care less about this whole "evil" crap). The only naturally evil Koopalings are Ludwig and Roy (and the latter is pretty much "evil" in the same way high school/college jocks are. Ludwig might be more evil than Bowser tho)
The quote in my signature is good evidence for this. Even in other games, though, Jr tends to give up a fight a lot more willingly than Bowser. Maybe it's because he's more of a coward, but I also feel like he cares less about doing bad things.

Wallop

Jump at every opportunity, Live for the moment!
Can I just say I vehemently despise videos like this.

No one forgot Donkey Kong Jr. existed. Literally no one. He just isn't fucking relevant anymore.
Considering Arcade Donkey Kong canonically grew up to be Cranky Kong. I'm a longstanding headcanoner of dk jr replacing his dads title as the Donkey Kong. It's also part of my headcanon that it was a rebellious usurp conducted by the entire kong family, as Cranky was too mean & selfish to be king.

I'm aware Wendy's underaged. But if they're going to make Mario fall for her, at least make her disguised as an adult woman? It still would be unacceptable but at least Mario's not acting horribly unsettling, and it's Wendy that's the problem? I still attribute it to design incompetence but it was a REALLY BAD MISTAKE.
This makes me really glad that I opted out of the entire cartoon series as a kid. I never liked the idea of Mario being from Brooklyn tbh, always preferred the Yoshi island backstory, I like to think of the humans in Marioverse as being more like fairies.

Last edited:

MetaWeegee

Dancing is Forbidden!
This makes me really glad that I opted out of the entire cartoon series as a kid. I never liked the idea of Mario being from Brooklyn tbh, always preferred the Yoshi island backstory, I like to think of the humans in Marioverse as being more like fairies.
I also like the Yoshi's Island Backstory. I personally think both backstories are correct (at least, certian parts of them, I use a merging of both.)

Anyways, I'm pretty late, but here's a Halloween headcanon: Luigi went out as Mr. L. He also sometimes wears his Mr. L costume at home when he feels like it.