Your headcanons

"canon"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Also what specifically made you have that episode enough to hold a grudge against a completely different interpretation of the character? (I haven't actually seen any TAoSMB3 episodes in full other than Super Koopa)

That episode had Mario falling in love with some human girl/woman that Wendy disguised herself (where the animators did a poor job of depicting Wendy as a woman and looks more like a girl) but there's another part where Luigi's disguised to pull off some hilarious hijinx. Wendy falls for it, wants privacy with Luigi in the dungeon, and dresses up the room with candles and sofas.

So seeing Wendy remark on how cute Mario is reminds me of that and to me, I prefer the headcanon where Wendy thinks Mario's ugly and she also thinks she can be a better fashion model than Peach, Pauline, or Waluigi.

Beauty pageants don't exist because Mushroom Kingdom is above that sort of stuff.

I'm aware Wendy's underaged. But if they're going to make Mario fall for her, at least make her disguised as an adult woman? It still would be unacceptable but at least Mario's not acting horribly unsettling, and it's Wendy that's the problem? I still attribute it to design incompetence but it was a REALLY BAD MISTAKE.

She's taller than normal, I guess? Princess Toadstool in that show's teenage too, according to the Writer's Bible, but at least she doesn't get into that sort of weird situation....'side from that episode with Bowser's mother trying to marry her to Bowser.

I think the "disguising Luigi as a still-adult Koopa for her to get all flirty over" thing is what ultimately made this one blatantly problematic.

I think the "disguising Luigi as a still-adult Koopa for her to get all flirty over" thing is what ultimately made this one blatantly problematic.

Atleast it gave us some meme potential along with the line "But I had to kiss Kootie Pie!"

Atleast it gave us some meme potential along with the line "But I had to kiss Kootie Pie!"

Well, the cartoons in general have a fair amount of meme potential. They're a classic example of "So Bad, It's Good." I can't really call a series that makes me laugh so much "bad", even if it's not for the right reasons, XD. That being said, that Kootie Pie episode wasn't one of those. I remember being creeped out after hearing about the episode later on, for reasons already stated. (Now that I remember, Wendy's human disguise didn't even look 13. Look, I'd imagine Mario prefers younger women, but... no, not like this. Just.. pure Squick. Ewww.)

However, there is one genuienly great addition to the greater Mario series that came directly from those shows IMO. Namely, Mario and Luigi coming from Brooklyn, a backstory I really like, so I am grateful to the cartoons for that alone. That's basically my only magor headcanon that directly came from the cartoons, though, and I otherwise write off their existence completely (well, apart from them being proficient in Plumb Fu, but I picture it being very different in everything but name, so it dosen't really count)

Wow, I just went on a tangent on TAO fucking SMB3. I guess anything is possible. (Shrugs)

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel like Bowser Jr and most of the Koopalings are mostly not 100% evil and mostly antagonize Mario because A: Bowser makes them do so, and B: Entertainment value (jn the case of Roy), and would likely be relatively good people without Bowser's influence (some more than others). Lemmy is the only one that's fully pure, though, and he actually pretty much lets Mario win all their fights. (He really couldn't care less about this whole "evil" crap). The only naturally evil Koopalings are Ludwig and Roy (and the latter is pretty much "evil" in the same way high school/college jocks are. Ludwig might be more evil than Bowser tho)

The quote in my signature is good evidence for this. Even in other games, though, Jr tends to give up a fight a lot more willingly than Bowser. Maybe it's because he's more of a coward, but I also feel like he cares less about doing bad things.

Can I just say I vehemently despise videos like this.

No one forgot Donkey Kong Jr. existed. Literally no one. He just isn't fucking relevant anymore.
Considering Arcade Donkey Kong canonically grew up to be Cranky Kong. I'm a longstanding headcanoner of dk jr replacing his dads title as the Donkey Kong. It's also part of my headcanon that it was a rebellious usurp conducted by the entire kong family, as Cranky was too mean & selfish to be king.

I'm aware Wendy's underaged. But if they're going to make Mario fall for her, at least make her disguised as an adult woman? It still would be unacceptable but at least Mario's not acting horribly unsettling, and it's Wendy that's the problem? I still attribute it to design incompetence but it was a REALLY BAD MISTAKE.
This makes me really glad that I opted out of the entire cartoon series as a kid. I never liked the idea of Mario being from Brooklyn tbh, always preferred the Yoshi island backstory, I like to think of the humans in Marioverse as being more like fairies.

Last edited:
This makes me really glad that I opted out of the entire cartoon series as a kid. I never liked the idea of Mario being from Brooklyn tbh, always preferred the Yoshi island backstory, I like to think of the humans in Marioverse as being more like fairies.

I also like the Yoshi's Island Backstory. I personally think both backstories are correct (at least, certian parts of them, I use a merging of both.)

Anyways, I'm pretty late, but here's a Halloween headcanon: Luigi went out as Mr. L. He also sometimes wears his Mr. L costume at home when he feels like it.

In addition to most Nintendo Consoles, Switch included, Mario and Luigi also own a Playstation 4, Xbox One X, and most of their past consoles, and in addition to that, a pretty large Steam library. Power of them gold coins.

In addition to most Nintendo Consoles, Switch included, Mario and Luigi also own a Playstation 4, Xbox One X, and most of their past consoles, and in addition to that, a pretty large Steam library. Power of them gold coins.
My headcanon on this waffles, but I had one where Nintendo consoles don't exist, and PlayStation and Xbox are widely popular in Muhsroom Kingdom

While Wario is babysitting his baby counterpart, Baby Wario's favorite game to play is "beat up the babysitter", meanwhile Babies M&L are flushing his trophies down the pipes.

Mario characters like putting in radio speakers everywhre. It's a crime to turn off the music, which is why players can't turn it off.

Proof? Mario sings the Level 1-1 radio music in the shower, Luigi whistles to King Boo's haunting radio music, and Peach sings the Level 1-1 radio song before she plays golf. I mean, is there constantly playing background music when you're taking a shower, going to the bathroom, or trying to sleep? No.

so it definitely canon that they hear the music, it comes down to where the source at?

This more a crazy 'Game Theory' than a headcanon, but, what if.. E.Gadd is classic Mario from the original DK game?!
And baby mario and baby dk are just mario and dk, it all happen after that grampa battle. Pauline is a timeless being, or a vampire, she keeps her youth somehow..
Oh and Rosalina is M&L's long lost sister. Because I disagree with matpats theory.
Also I just woke up and am kinda rambling nonsense probably. Good morning!

Last edited:
The Mushroom Kingdom seems to be constantly changing from game to game. There is no continuity from game to game when it comes to the world map. But what if there actually is?

My headcanon is that the Mushroom Kingdom is just really, really big, which is part of the reason why it's so prosperous (and so highly sought after). Peach builds new castles in different areas of the kingdom in an effort to hide from Bowser, but he always finds out where she's currently living and builds his own castles to get closer.

It also explains why we never see any bigger towns or cities outside of spinoffs. Peach doesn't build castles near densely populated areas because she wants to protect her citizens. But since Bowser and his gang are peaceful in Mario Kart games, it's safe to host races in those cities.

Although he inhabits a reanimated corpse of Bowser, I like to believe Dry Bowser's a different soul, born through Kamek's magic.

He doesn't share Bowser's interests in Peach or kingdom conquering. Instead, his passion lies in being a warrior. Initially for the Koopa's, but out of respect of power- he'll work for anyone that bests him in battle.

In my tennis open game, he became Baby Peach's apprentice

Last edited:
Reactions: zel
Occasionally, Peach and Daisy can't stop saying the exact same thing at the exact same time when they're together. They love it at first, but after a while they try to stop, but to know avail. They're trapped in perfect stereo.

Back