Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

It's far from a bad score. I'd say it's even great.

Are you gonna download it or buy a physical copy?

Probably neither.

One of us (me or Baby Luigi) MUST be Donkey Kong, and... yeah, that's a real downer.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Probably neither.

One of us (me or Baby Luigi) MUST be Donkey Kong, and... yeah, that's a real downer.

Oh no!

Having to play as Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze!

The horror, the horror!

Honestly, DK is a great character and it is HIS series.

Anyone else downloading the game at midnight tomorrow?

Jim McGinn said:
Official Nintendo Magazine gave it
86%. They said it had a wonderful touchy-feely style to it, it looked amazing and had great music, but that old ideas seem like a safety blanket. Old ideas mentioned in the review are : learn-by-rote boss battles, ice and water levels, rocket barrel sections and dull Rambi levels.
I see where they are coming from.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Anyone else downloading the game at midnight tomorrow?

Anna said:
Oh no!

The horror, the horror!

Duh, thanks for stating exactly why we aren't getting this game, Captain Obvious.

I heard it's hard too but why can't I don't want to play the series because I don't like the character?

Baby Luigi said:
Anna said:
Oh no!

The horror, the horror!

Duh, thanks for stating exactly why we aren't getting this game, Captain Obvious.

I heard it's hard too but why can't I don't want to play the series because I don't like the character?

seems like a waste but whatever floats your boat.

Not like ill be getting it either but for a different reason.

Although i still play mario games despite the fact that i dont like mario himself.

Baby Luigi said:
Anna said:
Oh no!

The horror, the horror!

Um, because the series has some of the best level design, scenery, atmosphere and soundtracks found in any platformer and you'll miss out on it just because you don't like the main character?

Yes. I'm fine with that. I can miss out on that. I can tolerate Yoshi and Wario but Donkey Kong is where I draw the line.

And I don't like blistering difficulty that was found in DKCR likely to be back in Tropical Freeze anyway.

Well, whatever tickles your peaches. But I still think you should give it a try.

I'd really want to since it looks like a nice pretty game, especially compared to New Super Mario Bros. (yay it uses 3D platforms) but I wish there was the option for P1 to play as Dixie Kong or something.

That's why I'd prefer Mario Kart 8

I don't want to completely miss out in Donkey Kong Country series at all but the difficulty kinda puts me off >_>

Baby Luigi said:
I don't want to completely miss out in Donkey Kong Country series at all but the difficulty kinda puts me off >_>

feel bad for you then since most dk games are actually pretty hard.

Mostly dkc games though.

Although the older ones do have rather good level skips.

I played Donkey Kong 64 but at least I'm not required to play as Donkey Kong 100% of the time.

Baby Luigi said:
I played Donkey Kong 64 but at least I'm not required to play as Donkey Kong 100% of the time.

dkc 2 and 3 dont even have dk as playable lol

I never got the opportunity to play those

If you're wondering, DKC 2 is usually regarded as the best instalment in the original trilogy.

Baby Luigi said:

You should definitely try them out sometime - they're some of the best platformers of all-time.

Baby Luigi said:

well you need to change that as both are pretty solid.

Dkc1 is alright i guess, but 2 and 3 are certainly superior.

Back