Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

GalacticPetey said:
Imagine if someone was incredibly racist, and they justified it by saying "It's just my opinion".

I guess if it's their opinion, we can't call them out for it.

i dont even know why you even care

its not like she is going to change her mind just because you said so, and in fact it doesnt affect you in the slightest

plus i hope you're not comparing the likes of racism to a disliking of one character

Okay, maybe my example was a little too extreme. I'm not trying to change her mind.

I'm just pointing out that just saying "It's my opinion so I don't have to listen to anything you say" is a really stupid mentality.

GalacticPetey said:
Okay, maybe my example was a little too extreme. I'm not trying to change her mind.

I'm just pointing out that just saying "It's my opinion so I don't have to listen to anything you say" is a really stupid mentality.

too bad its the mentality of the majority of people that exist.

I'm sure 80% of this community would say smg is a great game all around but that doesnt mean im gonna like it just because people said so.

I mean it'd be different if blof went around yelling at everyone and saying it is a shit game because it has donkey kong or something in every thread imaginable, but this obviously isnt the case.

just let it rest.

Dixie Kong is soo vastly superior to Diddy that there is no reason ever to use Diddy! Even without her ability to elevate you, she can pony - tail twirl farther! She's broken.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Dixie Kong is soo vastly superior to Diddy that there is no reason ever to use Diddy! Even without her ability to elevate you, she can pony - tail twirl farther! She's broken.

hmm it kinda depended in dkc2 though, mainly to how they hold the barrels.

Although i can probably guess she'll be broken in tropical freeze.

Fighter Zae said:
Chuck Ballymoo said:

hmm it kinda depended in dkc2 though, mainly to how they hold the barrels.

Although i can probably guess she'll be broken in tropical freeze.
As for Cranky, my research tells me he will be useful at times, but mainly he'll be situationally dependent.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Dixie Kong is soo vastly superior to Diddy that there is no reason ever to use Diddy!
Not necessarily. Speed is one advantage that Diddy has over Dixie; when it comes to general movement and tossing barrels.

Knuckles the Echidna said:
Chuck Ballymoo said:
Dixie Kong is soo vastly superior to Diddy that there is no reason ever to use Diddy!
Not necessarily. Speed is one advantage that Diddy has over Dixie; when it comes to general movement and tossing barrels.
You do know what game we're talking about here?

Even if you're talking about different games, those qualities could still hold true.

According to Andre from GameXplain, Dixie pretty much outclasses Diddy in usefulness. I don't know if this is true or not because I haven't played the game yet, but it's still something to keep in mind, even if it's one person's opinion. Besides, when I do get the game (hopefully tomorrow if all goes well), I plan on doing a Donkey and Cranky-only run first time through.

On a side not, here's the soundtrack. I don't know if it's complete or not, but there's a lot of great tunes.

What I wonder is whether it's possible to run through the game with one pair, or if there are areas only accessible by certain Kongs (and not just for 100%).

Ira Gamagoori said:
According to Andre from GameXplain, Dixie pretty much outclasses Diddy in usefulness. I don't know if this is true or not because I haven't played the game yet, but it's still something to keep in mind, even if it's one person's opinion. Besides, when I do get the game (hopefully tomorrow if all goes well), I plan on doing a Donkey and Cranky-only run first time through.

On a side not, here's the soundtrack. I don't know if it's complete or not, but there's a lot of great tunes.
I'm downloading it at midnight tonight.

Mario4Ever said:
Even if you're talking about different games, those qualities could still hold true.

well if we're going through the older games both had plenty of moments where one was good for this situation while the other one was good at this situation.

But this was due to the form of switching so im not sure how that plays out in tropical freeze.

First of all Diddy and Dixie won't even be picking up barrel in TF and OMG LESS THAN TWO HOURS TO GO!!

I don't know whether or not anyone's mentioned this yet, but:

Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky actually can be played with individually. In hard mode, that is.

That's neat (though the idea of hard mode scares me).

Knuckles the Echidna said:
I don't know whether or not anyone's mentioned this yet, but:

Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky actually can be played with individually. In hard mode, that is.

well, at least it's a start
maybe if they do another we'll finally be able to play as others in normal mode

ugh, as long as hard mode isn't mirror mode i won't mind

hated mirror mode from dkcr

just....bad memories

i still haven't finished mirror mode yet, i think i've only done the first two worlds (minus the hidden temple levels, i'm saving those for last) in mirror
when i first heard about mirror mode i thought it meant they made you go through the whole game backwards, starting from the golden temple all the way back to the first level, but i was disapointed when it turned out that wasn't the case

Less than a half hour to go. I have a lightning fast connection through my smart phone, so as soon as it let's me start downloading it, I should have it in no time.

I, for one, loved DKCR's Mirror Mode; I thought Mirror Mode had just the right amount of difficulty.

And knowing I can play as Cranky in this game's Hard Mode makes me so happy.

Vocal Beat said:
I, for one, loved DKCR's Mirror Mode; I thought Mirror Mode had just the right amount of difficulty.

And knowing I can play as Cranky in this game's Hard Mode makes me so happy.
I have started the download. The Time Left keeps jumping around all crazy. Two and a half plus hours then 2 hours and 8 minutes and back to 2 hours and 38 min *bangs head against wall

well the estimated time is almost never accurate with anything so lol

also you should just be glad that you can get it so soon, i have to wait a few weeks at least

I didn't get to start it until four in the morning damn Wii U auto shut off after one hour idle and I didn't know. Even though I was downloading something it still did it. The first world was amazing. I don't like that they give two hearts for minecarts and that thing where you press C to kill all enemies on screen and replace it with balloons or other useful items, wtf is that!!? Casual audience pandering. But still a solid and fun adventure.

got this

game is hard as hell, and i think dk is harder to control than in the last game

still, it's very beautiful, lots of stuff to explore, secret exits and stuff

lives are very easy to get, but you also burn through them

i got through the first three levels (well, one was a secret level)

Back