Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Ok, my post just then gave me an image of Donkey Kong with blond hair and a lightsaber. And K. Rool in a Darth Vader mask.

Well I'd like to try them out if I had the opportunity because I keep seeing them get praised for how good they are

If there's a demo, you should download it. Or maybe watch some gameplay footage.

I prefer trying the game out myself than watching gameplay footage

Baby Luigi said:
Anna said:
Oh no!

Having to play as Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze!

The horror, the horror!

Honestly, DK is a great character and it is HIS series.

Duh, thanks for stating exactly why we aren't getting this game, Captain Obvious.

I heard it's hard too but why can't I don't want to play the series because I don't like the character?
But if Mario was playable, you would buy it? That's incredibly shallow. The gameplay would still be the same. In fact, Mario and DK have such bland, nonexistent personalities that you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

I don't care if I'm shallow. Can't I not like a game because I don't like the main character? Can't this reason also apply to movies as well? I don't care if they have bland, nonexistent personalities: you still can't convince me to play as Donkey Kong 100% of the time.

instead we should convince you to play dkc2 and 3 as they're probably better anyway.

But due to the fact that Mario and DK have no personalities, the experience would be exactly the same, regardless of the character. Are you really that bothered by a little 3D model that is not even real?

GalacticPetey said:
But due to the fact that Mario and DK have no personalities, the experience would be exactly the same, regardless of the character. Are you really that bothered by a little 3D model that is not even real?

Yes I am bothered by a little 3D model, as well as the voice and the like, because that's the character I'll be in control of when I'm playing the game. Technically, the experience would be different because I'm playing as a completely different character.

What's your problem with that?

Baby Luigi said:
I don't care if I'm shallow. Can't I not like a game because I don't like the main character? Can't this reason also apply to movies as well? I don't care if they have bland, nonexistent personalities: you still can't convince me to play as Donkey Kong 100% of the time.
...that's a terrible comparison. you watch movies for the characters (depending on the movie and your taste in movies), but you play a game for... the gameplay? i mean maybe if the game was story heavy or anything but donkey kong literally does not speak. he doesn't have a real personality. i don't even understand how you can possibly not like a game because you prefer the look of a different set of sprites to the ones that are in the game

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Yes I am bothered by a little 3D model, as well as the voice and the like, because that's the character I'll be in control of when I'm playing the game. Technically, the experience would be different because I'm playing as a completely different character.

What's your problem with that?
solution: turn off the sound

well guys have fun convincing blof to play as donkey kong even though all your efforts are wasted as she wont listen to you to begin with.

solution: turn off the sound

its what i did with so many gb/c games, worked like a charm.

The game can be downloaded at midnight tonight. But what if you don't live on the East Coast? Is it East Coast time? So you would get it EARLIER than midnight depending on your time zone? Anyone know?

i'm pretty sure it depends on where you live

anyway, i'll be picking this up at the store tomorrow. well, my mother will be. that way i don't have to do long loading times, i can have backwards compatibility and stuff, bring the game to a friend's house, and don't take up so much space on my wii u

I never turn off the sound in my game because you'd miss out partially what makes playing video games satisfying: sound effects and music. It's either all or nothing, and I choose all because turning off sound is really not my way of playing video games.

Elsa said:
i don't even understand how you can possibly not like a game because you prefer the look of a different set of sprites to the ones that are in the game

I don't understand your opinion either and my opinion won't change simply because what you think is trivial is major to me.

all i'm saying is that you have your priorities all wrong

i mean, maybe if the main character was a uber-detailed model of a person with gashes all over their body and skin ailments and disease and stuff i'd be deterred from playing a game

also going all or nothing is kinda silly in my opinion, as much as i enjoy a game's soundtrack i don't think the game is ruined without it

Elsa said:

i mean, maybe if the main character was a uber-detailed model of a person with gashes all over their body and skin ailments and disease and stuff i'd be deterred from playing a game

also going all or nothing is kinda silly in my opinion, as much as i enjoy a game's soundtrack i don't think the game is ruined without it

problem is, that's what you think, thats not what blof thinks.

No one thinks the same, i mean me for example i hated smg to unbelievable limits and the only reason i kept playing was because of the soundtrack.

So in short soundtracks can make or break a game, good example is sonic chronicles.

So you're telling me that your priorities of what you think is more important to enjoy video games are more legit than my priorities of what I think is important of enjoying games?

Fighter Zae said:
Elsa said:

No one thinks the same, i mean me for example i hated smg to unbelievable limits and the only reason i kept playing was because of the soundtrack.

So in short soundtracks can make or break a game, good example is sonic chronicles.

Ninja'd pretty much this

I just...the whole "I don't want to play just becuase of this one character" makes me thing of people that don't buy a game like Mario Kart or Smash Bros. because [insert character here] was added to that game, or [insert character here] wasn't added to that game. I would prefer to play as Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong over Donkey Kong, but I'm not going to bicker about it.

Also, yes, I agree; Soundtracks are what really bring you into the game and the experience. I mean, there are some soundtracks that I just have to continue listening to and it only wants me to play the game more because of how awesome it sounds. There are scenes from games where I watch over and over and over just so I can hear a certain part in the music that moves me.

But back with BLOF/LGM, if you don't get the game, that's fine. I feel bad that you won't get to experience it because of Donkey Kong though. I guess the only advice I would have is that if you don't want to play as Donkey Kong 100% and if you play to do co-op, just switch controllers every so often so that you only play as him half the time. Then again, I know siblings, and doing that almost always fails to be compromised. :P

Baby Luigi said:
So you're telling me that your priorities of what you think is more important to enjoy video games are more legit than my priorities of what I think is important of enjoying games?
no, i'm saying i think your priorities are silly
Fighter Zae said:
Elsa said:

you seem to be ignoring the "in my opinion" in my sentence

They are. You're talking to a person who turned her Mario Kart Wii into an LSD acid trip

Elsa said:
Baby Luigi said:
no, i'm saying i think your priorities are silly
Fighter Zae said:
Elsa said:

you seem to be ignoring the "in my opinion" in my sentence

yeah but it seemed like you were ignoring her opinion too

that or im making a silly assumption

GalacticPetey said:
"It's just my opinion" is a really stupid excuse. Guess what, opinions can be dumb or stupid.

holy shit you serious?

Imagine if someone was incredibly racist, and they justified it by saying "It's just my opinion".

I guess if it's their opinion, we can't call them out for it.

Back