Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

82 is still a great score

I guess I know what I'm using my Amazon gift card on :dk:

Gulillilliant said:
82 is still a great score

I guess I know what I'm using my Amazon gift card on :dk:
Fu(k gamespot!

There is NO WAY this game is a 6.0! :mad:

Gamespot has basically been giving popular Nintendo games low scores on purpose for a while now, so I think they're just trying to get attention.

Purple Yoshi said:
Gamespot has basically been giving popular Nintendo games low scores on purpose for a while now, so I think they're just trying to get attention.
They need to cut that sh!t out! I, for one, don't appreciate it. :mad:

Mario4Ever said:
Olaf said:
Actually though I think it looks easier. From what I can tell there's more opportunities to get balloons and junk.

More lives just means more opportunities to die over and over in the same level. :)

Oh god, that rocket level with the bats from DKCR... I can still hear the life-end jingle... *shudders*

MKguy7 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Olaf said:
Actually though I think it looks easier. From what I can tell there's more opportunities to get balloons and junk.

More lives just means more opportunities to die over and over in the same level. :)

Oh god, that rocket level with the bats from DKCR... I can still hear the life-end jingle... *shudders*
THAT'S THE DUMB LEVEL I'M ON RIGHT NOW. I get so far to the end and die lol

MKguy7 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Olaf said:

I love that level just get the hell away from the middle after you dodge all the giant bats projectiles or you'll be sorry!

MKguy7 said:
I just don't like the rocket levels in general. The controls felt a bit wonky to me.
No. They were precise and could not have been simpler. Press A to elevate, release to lower. Such an incredibly simple control scheme for such exhilarating levels. The most intense in the games.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
MKguy7 said:
I just don't like the rocket levels in general. The controls felt a bit wonky to me.
No. They were precise and could not have been simpler. Press A to elevate, release to lower. Such an incredibly simple control scheme for such exhilarating levels. The most intense in the games.

I realize they were simple, but it just didn't work for me. Not sure why. It was mostly just the bat level that I hated anyway.

The rail levels were my favorite, along with the ones with just silhouettes of everything.

MKguy7 said:
Chuck Ballymoo said:
MKguy7 said:

I realize they were simple, but it just didn't work for me. Not sure why. It was mostly just the bat level that I hated anyway.

The rail levels were my favorite, along with the ones with just silhouettes of everything.
A lot of retro or old-sk00 gamers hated the Rocket Barrel levels because they just tend to loathe anything new, no matter how non - stop fun, tense or exciting. But even in the original trilogy they would have worked great and been fun. They just hadn't thought of it.

Olaf said:
I just need help on the end part where the bat blasts fireballs at you.
If you're having that much trouble with Crowded Cavern, you can always come back to it later. Buy a Key from Cranky and play Mole Patrol instead.

Knuckles the Echidna said:
Chuck Ballymoo said:
[Rare] just hadn't thought of [Rocket Barrel levels].
They haven't?
Well yeah Rocket Rush I guess you could argue but it didn't control the same way nor did it have the same premise.

A 6.0?

From everything I've seen and all the levels I've watched, it deserves no less than a 8.0 (minimum). Honestly, this game looks much more challenging yet much more enjoyable than DKCR.

Anna said:
A 6.0?

From everything I've seen and all the levels I've watched, it deserves no less than a 8.0 (minimum). Honestly, this game looks much more challenging yet much more enjoyable than DKCR.

Where?

EDIT: Oh, from Gamespot. Um, nothing to see here I guess??????

The ones that gave it a low score took off for the difficulty :mad: pansies

BMB, I know that Gamespot ask publishers if they want to give pay them in exchange for a high score. If they do pay, they will give them a 9 or a 10 if they say no, then they might decide to shit on it. I dislike gamespot because of that.

Also IGN given this game a 9, that might cheer you up.

Official Nintendo Magazine gave it
86%. They said it had a wonderful touchy-feely style to it, it looked amazing and had great music, but that old ideas seem like a safety blanket. Old ideas mentioned in the review are : learn-by-rote boss battles, ice and water levels, rocket barrel sections and dull Rambi levels.

Back