Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

All I'm saying is that i'm a bit worried about this game.

Tropical Freeze seems to be shorter than Returns, since there are only six main worlds, instead of eight. Hopefully, the post-story contents will make up for it.

Good Donkey Kong games traditionally become extremely unfun the longer they go on

I don't think the same. They stay fun for me throughout the entire game, although some of the late levels can be a bit frustrating for a while.

Refrigerator Kirby said:
Good Donkey Kong games traditionally become extremely unfun the longer they go on
You want it short? But we waited over three years for this game!

It would be cool if all the levels for Donkey Kong Island in this game were redone versions of the worlds in the first game.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
You want it short? But we waited over three years for this game!
No I want it to avoid the mistakes that DKC 2 and DKC 1 made by being extremely hard at all points for no reason after the third god damn world

MnSG said:
Tropical Freeze seems to be shorter than Returns, since there are only six main worlds, instead of eight. Hopefully, the post-story contents will make up for it.
The levels themselves could be longer, or maybe the bonus worlds will make it up for that. Less levels doesn't necessarily mean a shorter game.

Refrigerator Kirby said:
No I want it to avoid the mistakes that DKC 2 and DKC 1 made by being extremely hard at all points for no reason after the third god damn world
That was nothing compared to some of the stages in the third one, such as Lightning Lookout, Poisonous Pipeline, Kong-fused Cliffs, etc.

Knuckles the Echidna said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
That was nothing compared to some of the stages in the third one, such as Lightning Lookout, Poisonous Pipeline, Kong-fused Cliffs, etc.
DKC 3 is way easier considering it's the only one i've ever beat (besides return) although I did lose close to 100 lives fighting King K. Rool

Hypochondriac Mario said:
The levels themselves could be longer, or maybe the bonus worlds will make it up for that. Less levels doesn't necessarily mean a shorter game.

I still haven't forgotten about Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal, and its ridiculously long levels. But I doubt that Tropical Freeze would ever go THAT far.

I was thinking about Kirby: Mass Attack (only six worlds?) and the later levels in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, but I don't know Donkey Kong Country games' patterns.

Does anyone here know if, when using Nunchuk/Wiimote combo, if waggle will still be the action for rolling in the game? Nunchuk controls were perfect except for the continuous barrel roll with Diddy, which was just a bit exhausting to do.

Hopefully the Gamepad controls are good also as a backup.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but has anyone realized that the Gamepad is totally screenless? I mean, it's black. In this game. Wtf Retro.

Wayoshi said:
Does anyone here know if, when using Nunchuk/Wiimote combo, if waggle will still be the action for rolling in the game? Nunchuk controls were perfect except for the continuous barrel roll with Diddy, which was just a bit exhausting to do.

I wish I can answer this question, but I can't since I don't know the answer.

Wayoshi said:

Pretty sure it will be the same. No need to worry.

the intro video was pretty hilarious, mainly to how stupid the monkeys looked, and how serious the enemy's were(to some extent or another).

Back