• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
ernesth100 said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
ernesth100 said:
Sait Wii U will be able to connect to 3DS?
What?
You know what I said.

If she knew what you said, she wouldn't ask "What?" genius

You better correct that "Sait" to a "Wait"

Cirdec said:
Yeah Greninja has overpowered water move but Mario FLUDD is still crap.
Gj Sakurai.
Well, I guess there's one more character to vent my jealousy on now.

But it's not like Greninja isn't a target already.

Yes, he's awesome, but at least Mario should have something decent too.

And F.L.U.D.D. also ruined Mario's down air. Sure, it can combo pretty well when the opponents are in the air, but as a down air, couldn't they have done something more useful, like a meteor smash or drill move? Yet another reason why Dr. Mario should be better.

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it.

zlCfzSfhotABeWNli0

Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually.

zlCfzSfhqT8Q2azgQd

Four days left...

There's a riot going on in my Facebook feed right now.

Appearently some retailer in Hamburg already started selling copies of SSB4 for 3DS

Ninelevendo said:
And F.L.U.D.D. also ruined Mario's down air. Sure, it can combo pretty well when the opponents are in the air, but as a down air, couldn't they have done something more useful, like a meteor smash or drill move? Yet another reason why Dr. Mario should be better.
You can combo with Mario's Dair on opponents not in the air with a short hop. I did it all the time in Brawl.

Kellam said:
Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it.

zlCfzSfhotABeWNli0

Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually.

zlCfzSfhqT8Q2azgQd

Four days left...
I was hoping for the ability to choose the main track by default. At least we can choose between the variations of the Boxing Ring manually.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
There's a riot going on in my Facebook feed right now.

Appearently some retailer in Hamburg already started selling copies of SSB4 for 3DS
It's not that big of a deal since the game is already out in Japan and this type of stuff is common, but I would really like to be in Hamburg right now.

DaKid said:
Ninelevendo said:
You can combo with Mario's Dair on opponents not in the air with a short hop. I did it all the time in Brawl.
I know that, I literally stated that in my post, that's why the Mario Tornado was good. (I might've confused you when I said "in the air be" because its got for air combos as well as short hops.) But like I said, a drill or meteor smash move better fits the role.

Sakurai did Pac-Man more justice than Namco has in years.

I like he kept his classic design instead of his new one, and Pac-Man actually has a silent visual personality. I'll explain that later. But look at what Namco is running with nowadays...
pac-man-and-the-ghostly-adventures-pic-1-600x338.jpg

He looks creepy... the eyes being more realistic just doesn't look right, and the shoes suck. It's almost like they tried to pull off Sonic's "coolness" with Pac-Man and it completely flops.

This version also has teeth and it does not look good when his expressions show them.

Now look at this..
PacManSBB4.png

WAY better. This just works, sometimes you don't need to modernize a character's classic design. Pac-Man's is timeless.

In Smash, Sakurai gives Pac-Man the ability to turn into his... PAC form (the round circle with a mouth) Namco has done this before but in the games they do it in, it's more a glorified reference than an actual ability of Pac-Man's. Most of the time he's just a sprite when he does or they give the form his eyes. Sakurai just has him morph into it as if Pac-Man just has the ability to do so. Like how Sonic is known for his Spindash, or Mario's jump animation. He makes it an iconic ability rather than just a nod. I like he doesn't go and make it a 2D sprite, but a 3D model.

As for his personality, Pac-Man actually seems kind of curious and fascinated by things. Something you can see in his taunt or move where he shuffles through the fruit he can use. His expression just looks like he's saying "Ooooohhh look at this!" He also seems very carefree and nonchalant as indicated in a taunt where he literally daydreams and hums to himselft. And in general, happy. Not happy-go-lucky, but just happy. Like he's down for any form of enjoyment

Maybe I'm reading into things too much but honestly... Smash, in my opinion, has managed to give Pac-Man an identity, Something Namco has failed and barely tried to do. They really don't deserve Pac-Man's brand the way they're treating him. Mascot my ass. You think Capcom is treating Mega Man like crap? Yeah, ain't seen nothing until you've see Pac-Man's botched franchise.

Sakuri's favourite game character is Pac-Man, so it's not suprising.

I like how Smash went back to his older look (mind you I don't like ANY of his new designs) as it doesn't look as weird as the new one.

Ninelevendo said:
Sakuri's favourite game character is Pac-Man, so it's not suprising.

I like how Smash went back to his older look (mind you I don't like ANY of his new designs) as it doesn't look as weird as the new one.

He is? Can you source that I want to read it.

Back