• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
The shield button is your friend.

Until someone grabs you and your shield button leaves you in the alleyway to get the shit beat out of you.

After playing the demo, here are my opinions on the characters:

Mario: Definitely feels better while comboing, and speed has been noticeably increased. And is it just me, or is it easier to combo aerials into SJP?
Link: Easily the best character of the 5; is basically back to his Melee form, with speed improvements from there. Loving the new dash attack.
Pikachu: Just feels... different, like he's unable to combo as much as he used to.
Villager: My little sweetheart ;D Feels extremely campy, and basically breaks projectile-based characters.
Mega Man: I do get a rush out of playing him for some reason. Like a drug or something.

When I was playing with Link and I used the side A running attack, is he suposed to do that little leap, or am doing a different move? I know it used to be where he just slid and attacked, so I want to know if this is one of his changes.

Claus said:
When I was playing with Link and I used the side A running attack, is he suposed to do that little leap, or am doing a different move? I know it used to be where he just slid and attacked, so I want to know if this is one of his changes.

yeah, the dash attack is changed to a jump attack now

Personally not that excited for this stage, but it's good to know that Wario gets something other than a returning stage on the Wii U version.

Baby Luigi said:
Claus said:

yeah, the dash attack is changed to a jump attack now
It's slower, but I like it overall better. It can reliably KO at a little over 100% I think.

Maki Nishikino said:
The shield button is your friend.

Until someone grabs you and your shield button leaves you in the alleyway to get the *bleep* beat out of you.
Or you end up using the grab button instead.

I'm able to cream the level 9s with Mario. :P

Claus said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure this deconfirms that leak, due to the fact that the stage is titled "Gamer" and not "Game and Wario". Since the rest of the stages were specific in their naming, I doubt that this is just a screw-up. Not to mention that "Endless Ocean" was listed twice on the list.

Yep, most likely fake.
That doesn't discredit the leak. It's still a Game & Wario stage. He probably had to remember the stages and names and some he didn't but recalled what series they're from. That's a probabilit y,not saying the leak is real or fake. As for the double posting of stages it's a text leak people make mistakes. It's not a picture with two of the same stages. This is reaching.

my gc controller is the opposite: my character holds the shield like an idiot in melee

i hate sensitive shield buttons in melee. ugh, good thing they're gone in brawl

Ninelevendo said:
Problem is that it's not my GC Controller, it's my 3DS. :/
Those dang tiny things.

Good thing my fingers are pretty slim.

If I had money or the will.

Even then, I'd wait for New3DS.

I just found out that Sonic's 2nd Variation of the Homing Attack (Which I love it already for being something similar to the Bounce Bracelet when you use it on the ground) has the abilty to Spike/Meteor Smash. That is so awesome ;D

DaKid said:
Claus said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure this deconfirms that leak, due to the fact that the stage is titled "Gamer" and not "Game and Wario". Since the rest of the stages were specific in their naming, I doubt that this is just a screw-up. Not to mention that "Endless Ocean" was listed twice on the list.

Yep, most likely fake.
That doesn't discredit the leak. It's still a Game & Wario stage. He probably had to remember the stages and names and some he didn't but recalled what series they're from. That's a probabilit y,not saying the leak is real or fake. As for the double posting of stages it's a text leak people make mistakes. It's not a picture with two of the same stages. This is reaching.

And yet mark down names like Cookie Country, Mt. Dedede, Greenhouse, Patch Land, Nimbasa City, and Tourian.

Don't make excuses for the guy. I didn't say it completely deconfirms it, but this mistake heavily implies that this was just speculation and rumors being made about the game.

Claus said:
DaKid said:
Claus said:

Yep, most likely fake.

And yet mark down names like Cookie Country, Mt. Dedede, Greenhouse, Patch Land, Nimbasa City, and Tourian.

Don't make excuses for the guy. I didn't say it completely deconfirms it, but this mistake heavily implies that this was just speculation and rumors being made about the game.

He also marked down names of stages that are the name of the game. Like I said he probably remembered some names and forgot others but remember what games they're from. Who knows.

I really doubt that list is real. Another list said that wily castle and green hill zone would be on 3ds and was still fake.

The thing bout this leak though is that he has no place of getting this information. He never told anyone where he got this information, and listing a thing twice is more a mistake you make if you're making up fan-made stages. So he obviously doesn't have an image lying around.

The 3DS version seems like a bit of a spin off from the main line of games. But it's what you expect from a handheld game from a mostly console series and it still looks good fun.

Honestly with the connectivity of the versions. I don't feel either version is complete unless you have the other. Now I'm not saying the 3DS or the Wii U version are just half a game as I think they're both full games in their own right. But I think the ability to send your customized fighters into the Wii U version in HD and better control options, and vice versa where you can take it with you even when you're not at home. That will be the full experience of Smash 4.

Back