Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Nah, I'd actually say Mega Man has it worse. He's been completely ignored.

Wait sorry, wrong person. (I think, though I thought I saw Sakuri playing as Pac-Man at one stage.)

Cynthia said:
What? We're not talking about Pac-Man being ignored, quite the opposite actually.

Cynthia said:
It's not that Pac-Man is being ignored but he's being completely mishandled. Pac-Man's series never found an identity after his arcade games. He's out of place living in a world like our own, much like Sonic since SA1. I always thought of Pac-Man's world being like a digital world and the Ghosts were virus' and his world was full of neon and shaped by it like the mazes in his original games. So much for headcannon.

I really love Pac-Man in this game. His appearance is awesome, his moveset is awesome, and he is overall just plain awesome.

DaKid said:
Cynthia said:
It's not that Pac-Man is being ignored but he's being completely mishandled. Pac-Man's series never found an identity after his arcade games. He's out of place living in a world like our own, much like Sonic since SA1. I always thought of Pac-Man's world being like a digital world and the Ghosts were virus' and his world was full of neon and shaped by it like the mazes in his original games. So much for headcannon.
As much as I hate Mega Man's treatment today outside of Smash, I have to agree with this. I miss old Pac! I still wonder why his GA design was chosen over his classic design on that pitch.

DaKid said:

i still think my favorite part of pac-man's reveal was finding out this wasn't his design

ick

I wasn't that excited because I didn't particularly want Pac-Man (though I'm fine with his inclusion), I just really, really, really don't like his newer design.

Honestly, Pac-Man's newer design never bothered me

Yeah I thought that was at least going to be an alt. Sakurai must of said: "Fuck no" and I'm glad he did. Pac-Man just needs a reboot. His games are generic and suck, his show sucks.

Baby Luigi said:
Honestly, Pac-Man's newer design never bothered me

Pac-man-ghostly-adventures-featured-image.jpg

DaKid said:

To be fair, what character DOESN'T look ugly making that type of face?

Well his render looks ok, never really watched the show though

My point is that characters always look ugly with those eyes and that grin, it's not exclusive to new design Pac-Man

Yeah I think people's biggest fear about Pac-Man getting in was his design from the Ghostly Adventures cartoon and show was going to be his default costume. Cause because Pac-Man likely got in just because Namco was helping with the game (I doubt there was as much demand for Pac-Man as much as either Megaman or Sonic. I think we all know if Namco was not helping with the game. Pac-Man would not have made it in) that Namco was going to take the chance to promote their new Pac-Man games a little too heavily by including the new Pac-Man design be the main focus of Pac-Man in Smash. Thankfully it didn't turn out that way, and him being introduced in his much more classic styled Pac-Man World design. People warmed up to him pretty quick.

From that point on it was Mario Vs. Sonic Vs. Megaman Vs. Pac-Man hype.

DaKid said:
I'm actually quite offended Luigi got no spotlight in his trailer. Red, blue yellow.

Uh... what? The Red, Blue, and Yellow was just focused on the big mascots of the companies. Mario is red, Megaman & Sonic are Blue, Pac-Man is Yellow. Luigi wasn't there because he's not Nintendo's mascot.

Honestly I find this Pac-Man design to be by far the best

GeneralColinPac-Man.png

Well DK doesn't look creepy and weird as fuck. Pac-Man should not have teeth.

Baby Luigi said:
My point is that characters always look ugly with those eyes and that grin, it's not exclusive to new design Pac-Man

There's a difference though, Classic Pac-Man wouldn't be able to pull such a look off. Or look plain hideous showing teeth at all.

Back