• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
supermariofan said:
Finally got this game for Christmas! If anyone wants to battle me my username is Squarefan
For Wii U or 3DS?

SKmarioman said:
Holy crap amiibo are selling out fast.

I checked just about every store at my local shopping center that would sell them at all and all the Wave 3 amiibo preorders are completely maxed out, and for stores that don't do preorders they simply don't have the wave 3 amiibo in their database yet.

out of curiousity, which places have preorders? i know eb does but idk about any others

Hanayo Koizumi said:
SKmarioman said:

I checked just about every store at my local shopping center that would sell them at all and all the Wave 3 amiibo preorders are completely maxed out, and for stores that don't do preorders they simply don't have the wave 3 amiibo in their database yet.

out of curiousity, which places have preorders? i know eb does but idk about any others
(In Australia) Out of the stores on this list only EB Games, JB Hi-Fi and The Gamesmen have Captain Toad listed (seeing as it's out in a week), the latter of which is it's own store anyway rather than a chain so I didn't check there in store, online though they're evidently completely sold out of all amiibo period. Also since JB Hi-Fi doesn't have wave 3 amiibo in their database either that means EB Games online is the only sensible way to preorder them unless you get lucky with your local store.

I'm really happy I preordered my Sonic amiibo two nights ago that way now that it's sold out.

Spent 2 days and about 15 attempts, but I finally did it! My goal was to defeat Classic at 8.0, and decided to do Rosie for it, but I was being bullshitted so much and kept on dying at Master Core just as I was about to beat it. I wasn't going to let myself win at 7.5.

So on the last try, I accidentally hit 8.5, but amazingly I was able to defeat them on 8.5, so now I feel accomplished!!! Now I just need 9.0, and do it with Marth, with no lives lost...

Also, the reward requirements in the event challenges are cheap as shit. I feel like most of them are just luck of the draw or is just impossible to do.

SKmarioman said:
Hanayo Koizumi said:
SKmarioman said:

(In Australia) Out of the stores on this list only EB Games, JB Hi-Fi and The Gamesmen have Captain Toad listed (seeing as it's out in a week), the latter of which is it's own store anyway rather than a chain so I didn't check there in store, online though they're evidently completely sold out of all amiibo period. Also since JB Hi-Fi doesn't have wave 3 amiibo in their database either that means EB Games online is the only sensible way to preorder them unless you get lucky with your local store.

I'm really happy I preordered my Sonic amiibo two nights ago that way now that it's sold out.

alright, i thought that might be the case
i was just wondering because the two wave 3 amiibo i wanted (shulk and dedede) are sold out on eb's website so i was wondering if there was anywhere else i can go
i guess i'll see if i have any luck with my local jbhifi, or worst case i can look around on launch day

Claus said:
Spent 2 days and about 15 attempts, but I finally did it! My goal was to defeat Classic at 8.0, and decided to do Rosie for it, but I was being bull*bleep*ted so much and kept on dying at Master Core just as I was about to beat it. I wasn't going to let myself win at 7.5.

So on the last try, I accidentally hit 8.5, but amazingly I was able to defeat them on 8.5, so now I feel accomplished!!! Now I just need 9.0, and do it with Marth, with no lives lost...

Also, the reward requirements in the event challenges are cheap as *bleep*. I feel like most of them are just luck of the draw or is just impossible to do.

*cough* Kirby's Crazy Appetite *cough*

Also congrats on your 8.5 victory

So I got the Wii U version for Christmas yassss

spent Christmas morning playing it w/ my sister before family came, today I was able to play it for a few hours and almost finished unlocking every character (except g&w). Crazy orders is my favourite mode; I tried playing Smash Tour today w/ my sister. "never again"

I really would've preferred a split-screen Smash Run if anything, Smash tour moves too quickly to make sense of what's happening and the battles themselves are stupid. The Tingle trophy also ruins everything.

Right now I'm trying to complete every challenge on hard.

The ones I hate the most are those "all-star" type ones where you choose your character, they're the worst on high difficulty b/c you fly farther and the CPU's are ridiculously difficult to beat. I've figured out a cheap tactic with Villager though: run to edge -> set up tree -> chop tree -> did I hit them -> if no, pushy lloid -> repeat.

For my first attempt at Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard, I managed to run out of time just as I had 3% left, so clearing it on the second attempt was actually really easy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Fitness Freak challenge I got on pure luck but it was a total pain and I don't think I would've been able to complete it. The 'When the Lightning Strikes' event was just as difficult. everytime a pikachu cpu grabbed the lightning bolt i just

mad.gif

but yeah much better challenges than brawl

I love this game so much.

GBAToad, you should have seen me on the event with Robin needing to use the final smash on Charizard. Every time Charizard got the Final Smash I just...

benson-s-flipout-o.gif

Like, I love the game, but every time I play Smash I literally get so stressed out, and even when I switch modes I find more stuff to be peeved off at. I mean, I ragequit Classic and so I go to events, then I ragequit that and go to stadium and after that I try smash tour and it's just...ugh!!! I often take out my pent up anger in training where I just destroy the crap out of Wario. Dunno why, but that fatass is just the perfect sandbag to just murder.

That Kirby eating event makes me want to rip my hair out, I don't even get close on easy and no customisations. >.< Also that Falco one where you have to kill all the flying G+Ws does my head in.

I use my broken Ike on the All Star events and just counter everything. Works a treat. B)

the worst event so far ive done was "fire type frenzy" because charizard is so fucken stupid i couldnt manage to take out lucario and pikachu with him <.<

santanoice said:
That Kirby eating event makes me want to rip my hair out, I don't even get close on easy and no customisations. >.< Also that Falco one where you have to kill all the flying G+Ws does my head in.

I use my broken Ike on the All Star events and just counter everything. Works a treat. B)

I know that pain. Especially when you know you totally hit them and it lies.

Freakworld said:
the worst event so far ive done was "fire type frenzy" because charizard is so fucken stupid i couldnt manage to take out lucario and pikachu with him <.<

I actually didn't have trouble with that one, surprisingly. I think it only took me 3 tries to get the reward (which I think is beat on medium within 80 seconds).

What about the one where you have to be Meta Knight and only kill Marth if you accidentally kill Peach or Zelda you lose. Too bad that Marth always hides by them

santanoice said:
That Kirby eating event makes me want to rip my hair out, I don't even get close on easy and no customisations.

Inhale Dededes, and eat the food with their ability, it helps

Also pause the game, look at the map and figure out where you'll go next.

You can do it on hard, and those strategies I knew beforehand helped; afterall i did clear it on hard on my first try. But damn it's incredibly stupid anyway.

The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
What about the one where you have to be Meta Knight and only kill Marth if you accidentally kill Peach or Zelda you lose. Too bad that Marth always hides by them

When I did it on hard, the stage killed Marth; the Halberd left and Marth got left behind and KO'd. That was hilarious.

I didn't try enough but there are some which seem to be impossible on hard such as the challenge with WFT vs 2 giant Wario or the one where Jigglypuff must sleep 3 opponents at the same time.

Cirdec said:
I didn't try enough but there are some which seem to be impossible on hard such as the challenge with WFT vs 2 giant Wario or the one where Jigglypuff must sleep 3 opponents at the same time.

Clearing Wii Fit Trainer vs 2 giant Warios on Hard under a time limit is a much harder challenge than Kirby's Crazy Appetite -_-

Also I did a bunch of retakes on the Little Mac vs Wireframe Macs one.

There is one thing that has been on my mind. You know the following challenges right?

*Clear Solo Classic at intensity 8.0 with 2 or more characters.
*Clear Solo Classic at intensity 8.0 with 3 or more characters.

Because those challenges don't say "8.0 or higher", I've been under the impression that the intensity has to be set at EXACTLY 8.0, or else it won't count. Obviously, this means that a single game over will require you to do everything all over again.

Now, I've already completed those two challenges, but their descriptions still had me wondering about the intensity situation.

man i really can't enjoy for glory 1v1

everyone's too good but they just use the same exact strats and it's kinda boring

Can you provide examples of this?

I haven't really ran into that problem, personally, so it's slightly surprising to hear.

Yeah, I generally find that almost everybody has different approaches on FG. Some are similar but how they react in certain situations are usually different.

I got the game on Christmas, and am loving every bit of it!

Smash Tour is really fun. I hope it's just as fun with other people.

Also, I don't see the big fuss about Kirby's Crazy Appetite. It was a bit challenging, but not too hard.

Also, I got a Mario amiibo, named him William, and he's up to level twenty something.

Back