Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Super Saiyan Shy Guy said:
Anser said:
Ok, I totally suck at this game. I can't even beat Master Hand and Crazy Hand at 5.0 difficulty. It's impossible for me. They've beaten me four times now. The worst part is that I used to think that I was a decent player (not good but not bad) but this marks my ability as something you would call below average. I thought I was good at using Palutena :(

Play online, that's it

how does playing online help you beat computers and bosses, that makes zero sense

Baby Luigi said:
so i cleared kirby's crazy appetite on my first try

to be fair, i already know the strategies beforehand...
You also had a few other pairs of eyes to help look for the food. :mario:

Ultimate ToxBox said:
Anser said:
Ok, I totally suck at this game. I can't even beat Master Hand and Crazy Hand at 5.0 difficulty. It's impossible for me. They've beaten me four times now. The worst part is that I used to think that I was a decent player (not good but not bad) but this marks my ability as something you would call below average. I thought I was good at using Palutena :(

Play online, that's it
Or just play the game a lot (but try avoiding bad habits).

Ultimate ToxBox said:
Anser said:

Play online, that's it
Because that's possible for everyone who has the game right?

finally got the wii u version as an early present, already got a few things done

Magikrazy said:
I'll be getting the Wii U version but not the gcn adapter

I have three controllers and I can't use them :(

Good news though is I've heard Nintendo has said something that they've been working on producing more of the Adapter. So hopefully there will be plenty enough for everyone next year. Nintendo just seemed to really underestimate how popular the Gamecube Controller is for Smash Bros. fans.

Smasher Claus said:
finally got the wii u version as an early present, already got a few things done

and I've already unlocked every character and stage

Baby Luigi said:
Super Saiyan Shy Guy said:
Anser said:

Play online, that's it

how does playing online help you beat computers and bosses, that makes zero sense
It helps you get good

well naturally, playing against better players gives you a better understanding of the game, at least when it comes down to beating other players and cpus anyway

now against bosses its really all about paying attention to boss animations

aka being defensive, as thats how it is with most fighter final bosses

well, except for omega rugal

Now that I've had the Wii U version for a couple weeks, I can finally write my review. Here I go.

In general, I'm very, very satisfied with how this game turned out. I tried to avoid as much information as I could; I didn't watch videos, photos or anything. I didn't even watch the 50-Fact Extravaganza, all because I wanted to be surprised when I had the game, and it worked. So many simple details that I've noticed have made this game a really enjoyable experience because of the many things it has to offer.

First of all, the character roster. I won't go hypocritical and say that I love the roster when a couple months ago I was cursing Sakurai for his choices (I still do it, by the way) because I will just never forgive him for Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit and for the lack of Lucas, Wolf and the Ice Climbers. I also hate that Mewtwo was left for DLC; he should have been part of the main game in the first place but whatever, it's better than nothing, I guess. However, I'm very happy with the characters that did get in the game.

Rosalina, for Christ's sake, is my second favorite Mario character and of course my main because she's also my type of fighter. Robin, while not my type of character and fighter, is a really cool addition because of its interesting fighting mechanic. Shulk is also very cool even though I know nothing about him. Palutena is a very cool addition too and has become my secondary main along with Charizard. Villager literally had me in tears of laughter when I saw his attacks. Duck Hunt and Wii Fit Trainer, though, are some of the most stupidest additions ever, but I guess they make the roster have some... personality, if you will.

Second, the stages. God, the stages. In Brawl, most of the new stages introduced SUCKED, like Hanenbow, Skyworld, Mario Bros, 75m, Green Hill Zone, Rumble Falls, New Pork City, The Summit, Mushroomy Kingdom, and the list goes on. This time around, I think the only stages that aren't good are Wrecking Crew and Pac-Land. The rest is just so fun. Gamer is one of the most fun stages ever. Mario Galaxy is just awesome with the gravity effect it has and the gorgeous graphics it offers. Kalos Pokémon League is one of the most original stages in the series. Talking about original, I have to mention Jungle Hijinxs. The whole background fighting is just very cool. I could keep going on this. I can't say I'm not disappointed with the amount of old stages that returned. I mean, did we REALLY need Brawl's Mario Circuit when we have a brand-new, much more interesting Mario Circuit? Did we REALLY need Smashville back when there's the Town and City stage, which is literally the same thing but with different music and background? Did we REALLY need 75m which is just boring and annoying? The good part is, there's the wonderful addition of the Omega Forms of the stages, which makes them all playable.

Now I want to talk about the sound department. I can't say I'm entirely happy with the soundtrack because of one sole reason: there are way too many songs reused from Brawl. The new tracks, however, are amazing. There are some really cool tracks and they have made a great job remixing the songs.

Now, the voice acting. It's disappointing that so many characters have their voice clips from Brawl reused instead of getting new voice acting. This could have been done in order to reduce costs, but I still can't help feeling sad that some characters weren't put as much effort as others on their voices. By the way, am I the only one who doesn't think Fox's new voice is that bad? I mean, of course I prefer the old one, but this one isn't horrible either. Maybe it's just me thinking that there can be nothing worse than Daisy's voice, though.

The game is not without its flaws, however, just like any other game. I'm not a fan of the awkward menus, and I'm not enjoying the fact that the Tourney mode isn't a thing from the get-go and that we have to wait for an update to have it. Smash Tour is a boring, overcomplicated hot mess that absolutely no one wants to play, ever. The Classic Mode is just weird and is missing some classic stuff like Target Test and other minigames. Speaking of which, what's with the Target Blast mess we got? It's basically Angry Birds. Boring as hell. I would have preferred having the normal Target Test from Melee or Brawl (although I prefer each character having their own stage like 64 and Melee had).

However, the game has one HUGE flaw, and it's...

Little Mac.

WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK. SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK. The character is OP to no end. Yes, yes, yes, I know that he sucks in the air, but there is no reason for a character to be THAT strong, especially when they're that fast. It has to be either one or the other. But no, this thing has both. He has some ridiculous invincible frames and sometimes he won't even flinch when attacked while charging his attacks. To make matters worse, he's not only ridiculously strong, but he also gets a 1-hit KO move that can easily kill someone at 40% (it happened to me). This is not me being salty for losing at one, just in case someone says it. I've played against a couple Little Macs online and, while difficult, I've been able to beat them with Rosalina. He needs a nerf SOON.

Let's go back to the positive stuff now. Another thing that stands out from this game is the graphic department. The graphics are just beautiful and really detailed. There's also the game's 8-Player Smash which is the best thing ever, and getting 7 friends together to fight alongside you leads to some crazy, ridiculously fun battles. This is why I think this might actually be the one Smash Bros game to top Melee (since Brawl isn't that good in my opinion, and now I feel I don't have a reason to go back to it, whereas I still sometimes like to play Melee).

Overall, I give this game 9.7/10. :)

To beat a little Mac.

1. Throw Mac off the stage.
2. Hit him with any aerial or just f smash him as he approaches the stage with his side b.

GG

alt 2. Use a wind box to push him back and watch him fall

You could also just piss them off by cheesing out near the corner until they side b off the stage over you.

Little Mac was one of my most wanted newcomers and I absolutely can't stand how he's become the official scrub character. :[

Ultimate ToxBox said:
Umi Sonoda said:
Ultimate ToxBox said:
He doesn't suck, you have to know how to use him

shit air game and shit recovery, yep doesnt suck at all

OP in middle stage but little mac is a good character

only on the ground and that can easily be manipulated

from what ive used he was pretty terrible

but maybe thats because im more of an aerial attacker then anything

People in online didn't know how to use little mac so i just edge guard with Marth all times since sword can hit mac's side b

Freakworld said:
Anser said:
Overall, I give this game 9.7/10. :)

-0.3 for Sakurai's Wife

LOL.

GalacticPetey said:
To beat a little Mac.

1. Throw Mac off the stage.
2. Hit him with any aerial or just f smash him as he approaches the stage with his side b.

GG

It's not that easy. Remember the guy is REALLY fast and not only sometimes he doesn't even flinch when you attack him, but also his attacks have priority most of the time. Heck, the bastard once canceled my Falcon Punch his Forward Smash.

I think another reason I have is that I dislike the character itself. He's just... Weird. I don't even think he's that popular either. He should have stayed as an Assist Trophy in my opinion.

Back