Mario Party: Island Tour

Mario Party X said:
Anser said:
Everything related to Mario Party after Mario Party 4 sucks anyway
Take that back. Now. -Mario Party X.

Aw come on, Mario Party 3 was the last good, actually entertaining Mario Party. 4 was just ok, 5 was boring as hell, 6 was just ok too, 7 was awful, 8 sucked horribly and 9 is a disgrace to the gaming world and to the Mario universe overall. Advance was a mess and DS was ok.

Phoenix Wright said:
About 1 Day 22 hours and 50 Minutes til release
Yes <3
I posted this in the SM3DW Thread, but it applies here too.

Anser said:
Mario Party X said:
Anser said:
Everything related to Mario Party after Mario Party 4 sucks anyway
Take that back. Now. -Mario Party X.

Aw come on, Mario Party 3 was the last good, actually entertaining Mario Party. 4 was just ok, 5 was boring as hell, 6 was just ok too, 7 was awful, 8 sucked horribly and 9 is a disgrace to the gaming world and to the Mario universe overall. Advance was a mess and DS was ok.

9 is actually good. Thought I understand some could hate it because of the car mechanic, but still the minigames are great.

Mario Party X said:
Dorayaki said:
Mario Party X said:
So, you guys are justifying an disappointingly tiny roster? It might as well be Mario Party DS's line up.
No, it's just because many characters had been in Party 9 or DS.
Mario Party 9 and DS had many playable characters? No, that's a DS game, so I'd excuse that. A next-gen 3DS game that has a roster only slightly bigger than Mario Party DS is inexcusable, especially if it's the same system that brought us Pokemon with 3D models, Ocarina of Time 3D, and other games.
You misunderstood that sentence. I meant that some characters had been playable in DS and 9th so they shouldn't be playable this time.

DS was okay in its size of roster. Party 9 was alittle small since I'd love to see them remain 14 places but just make some changes for minor playable characters. For this 3DS title, I guess 12 could be a better number.

The only thing that disappointed me with this roster is the lack of Koopa Troopa obviously. =(

By the way, I actually only like the Nintendo 64 party games, especially Mario Party 3, and Mario Party 9 (yes I do like this one), to be honest. I don't really care for the other party games.

Lakitulerapide said:
All the hate for a character roster. Tss.
I guess Party is one of the Mario titles that players have strong feelings with the character they act as. However it seems to have fewer choices than other sport games.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
The only thing that disappointed me with this roster is the lack of Koopa Troopa obviously. =(
Which one? Kooper?

Kooper? Are you kidding me?

I'm obviously refering to Koopa Troopa from Mario Party 9 and other spinoffs, who I believe is a specific character. I know it isn't confirmed that he is a specific character, but he'll always be one in my heart. ‹3

I think the MP5-esque roster is pretty decent. I mean, once again, the roster drops by two, but what else do you expect from a 3DS game I guess? :p Boo returning as a playable character is very awesome to me.

I'm picking this game up day one. Once the stores open tomorrow (or technically later today LOL), I will be there lol

Well, Mario Party: Island Tour has received overwhelmingly bad reception in its day of release. IGN gave it 5.5/10, Nintendo Life gave it 6/10 and, in my favorite review of all, CVG gave it 4/10, with this marvelous quote:

CVG said:
Take the Rocket Road board as a case in point: it's a Mario Galaxy-themed race soundtracked by an anaemic remix of the Good Egg Galaxy theme. Rosalina shows up at the end in what can only be described as the game equivalent of a decent actor putting in a cameo in a dreadful film, picking up their paycheque and hastily exiting before their reputation can be irreparably tarnished by association.

That praise. :posh:

I don't ever pay attention to reviews, but I wasn't planning on playing this anyway. From the trailers you can tell that it's an awful, gimmicky, weird game.

Anser said:
Well, Mario Party: Island Tour has received overwhelmingly bad reception in its day of release.

I wouldn't call this bad reception

The game looks horrible from trailers, even from the beginning it has. Full of gimmicks and there was no way it would be similar to the old MP games outside of the basic formula of board game and mini-games.

I still want it though. :<

ThePremiumYoshi said:
I'm obviously refering to Koopa Troopa from Mario Party 9 and other spinoffs, who I believe is a specific character. I know it isn't confirmed that he is a specific character, but he'll always be one in my heart. ‹3
Same reply: are you kidding me?
I have no opinion if there is a specific character with generic appearance, but it should be acknoledged by the official instead of being believed by you or me. To me as an individual s/he would seem alittle bland compared with the others...

Peachy said:
:p Boo returning as a playable character is very awesome to me.
Sorry to killy our mood, but I do see why they did that and can't see why they do it now.

I don't really have a problem with the roster. I have three characters (Yoshi, Boo, Bowser Jr.) to choose from that interest me, that's more than enough, as long as it isn't just limited to Yoshi like in MP1-4 & DS I'm okay with it.

Of course, I understand why people think its shit because it is lacking. Just because I have no problems with it doesn't mean I won't acknowledge that's it bad. But the inclusion of Bowser Jr. gave it an instant boost as far as character choice goes.

Dorayaki said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:
Same reply: are you kidding me?
I have no opinion if there is a specific character with generic appearance, but it should be acknoledged by the official instead of being believed by you or me. To me as an individual s/he would seem alittle bland compared with the others...
Look, I was just casually stating that I miss Koopa Troopa from Mario Party 9, and you just pull that Kooper stuff out of your ass like that? I don't mean to be rude, but seriously.

sounds like things are heating up in this topic

anyway i havent thought much of getting this(wasnt even aware it was out).

Hoping someone here gets it and gives a summary at least.

Wouldn't mind having a copy though.

Koopa Troopa is a terrible generic addition that should've stayed as an NPC. At least Boo and Dry Bones have their quirks.

I'm brutally honest, Koopa Troopa fans.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
Well, Mario Party: Island Tour has received overwhelmingly bad reception in its day of release.

I wouldn't call this bad reception

Um... What would you call it then?

Mixed.

You want overwhemingly bad reception? Try seeing Big Rig: Over the Top Racing's reviews.

DK is just getting shafted more and more in terms of Mario Party. It's really quite sad =(.

Characters in the Mario Party series are always coming and going, but DK seems to have been removed from the roster for good. It's too bad 'cuz I loved playing as him in the first games. ;~;

Yeah, I can't always substitute Daisy for my punching bag. :'(

Back