Mario Party: Island Tour

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
The Nutcrackin355 said:
This game is getting a lot of bashing, but I can totally see why. I don't really feel the need to defend as I did with Sticker Star since SS was at least a decently long game with a game mechanic that interested me a lot (Also, most of the complaints at the start were about it being different to the usual PM games. It took about a day before actual valid complaints rolled in and even then I found most of them to not be bothersome unless you let them bother you. Here, most of the complaints make complete sense.)

I'll probably still buy it though, just so I can try it myself. I'll probably enjoy it for a few hours before I shelf it, like most games.

Sticker Star probably is far from a bad game by itself, but it is often compared to its predecessors (and that there isn't a Paper Mario in the style of the first two ones in years), and it will never avoid the brunt of that.

Try viewing Mario Party: Island Tour as a game by itself and don't compare it to previous games. How does it stack up? I don't think it's a good standalone game either way.

Exactly the reason I want to try it for myself. I don't like to take other opinions into consideration when deciding if I will like a game or not, I want to find out for myself (this applies to pretty much any and all games that catch my eye) so I usually end up considering buying any game that I have a decent level of interest in.

Although I understand that the game isn't well recieved so when I do get around to buying and playing it, I'll be entering with low expectations.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Purple Yoshi said:
I just realised why this game is so similar to Wii Party. Hudson Soft, the people who made Mario Parties 1-8, closed down in 2012. This game is being made by Nd Cube, the people who made Wii Party, instead.

slowpoke_pokemon.gif
> Implying everyone should know that

I didn't know that either.

Lakitulerapide said:
The Nutcrackin355 said:
Purple Yoshi said:
I just realised why this game is so similar to Wii Party. Hudson Soft, the people who made Mario Parties 1-8, closed down in 2012. This game is being made by Nd Cube, the people who made Wii Party, instead.

slowpoke_pokemon.gif
> Implying everyone should know that

I didn't know that either.

Well yeah, if that was what I was implying. hint: it wasn't

I mean, it did close down longer than a year ago so that was the implication.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
This game is getting a lot of bashing, but I can totally see why. I don't really feel the need to defend as I did with Sticker Star since SS was at least a decently long game with a game mechanic that interested me a lot (Also, most of the complaints at the start were about it being different to the usual PM games. It took about a day before actual valid complaints rolled in and even then I found most of them to not be bothersome unless you let them bother you. Here, most of the complaints make complete sense.)

I'll probably still buy it though, just so I can try it myself. I'll probably enjoy it for a few hours before I shelf it, like most games.

Why don't you just rent it then? That way you wouldn't waste your money and you could use that money in a far better game (not that it's too difficult being better than Island Tour).

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
The Nutcrackin355 said:

Sticker Star probably is far from a bad game by itself, but it is often compared to its predecessors (and that there isn't a Paper Mario in the style of the first two ones in years), and it will never avoid the brunt of that.

Try viewing Mario Party: Island Tour as a game by itself and don't compare it to previous games. How does it stack up? I don't think it's a good standalone game either way.

Exactly the reason I want to try it for myself. I don't like to take other opinions into consideration when deciding if I will like a game or not, I want to find out for myself (this applies to pretty much any and all games that catch my eye) so I usually end up considering buying any game that I have a decent level of interest in.

Although I understand that the game isn't well recieved so when I do get around to buying and playing it, I'll be entering with low expectations.

Yeah, I'll be doing the same thing in January.

Anser said:
The Nutcrackin355 said:

Why don't you just rent it then? That way you wouldn't waste your money and you could use that money in a far better game (not that it's too difficult being better than Island Tour).

I can't rent handheld games, there's nowhere that I know of that does that. I'm sure there are far better games but I don't know what I'm missing out without playing said better games, so I don't really mind. I'm just being ignorant when it comes to what games are better and what are bad, but it lets me enjoy a bad game more than I would otherwise. Then afterwards I can look back on it and decide that it's a bad game.

Back