Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
Discuss the game here. :posh:

Re: Mario Party 3DS

Taking yet another risk?

I saw it on nintendo direct, it looks cool. Apparently, nintendo is going back to the simplistic days of mario party, I like that. No cars, no motion controls, no stupid gimmicks just mario party the way I like it.

ROSALINA IS BACK. IT'S JUST A CAMEO, SHE'S NOT PLAYABLE, BUT SHE'S BACK. NINTENDO HASN'T FORGOTTEN HER.

... But I'm not buying the game anyway :'D

Why Not?

I'm still on the fence about this one too, there are a slew of other nintendo games coming out that I want to play.

NSY said:

It doesn't look like it's going to have the style of the first three games. I want classic, Star-chasing, buying them for 20 Coins, actually fun mini-games, and not-so-gimmicky boards. For what I saw in the trailer, it looks too elaborated. I may need to see more trailers, as I may be wrong, though.

Oh yes, and because I don't have a 3DS and I'm not planning on getting one soon.

It seems they are back to the standard board system, although the rules may be different.

The graphics are quite good. They're like MP9's pretty much. Although from what I've seen, the animation is kinda choppy.

Also

BUMPER BALLS IS BACK!
;D
And the idea of AR Minigames sounds pretty awesome too.

I really liked DS, so we'll see.

I hope Choice Challenge is back, and similar minigames to MP9. It's a shame how much hate MP9 gets......

^You can tell it's obviously the Mario Party 9 logo without the diamond background in the letters. :P

Anyways, the cards seem like an interesting system, but I'm hoping that it won't be a race to the finish thing...

Yeah, saw the announcement this morning via Nintendo Direct; definitely keeping tabs on this front.

It seems interesting.

All I want is a ton of collectibles like in Mario Party DS. That was what kept me playing all the time.

And the AR minigames are probably optional. What happens if you lose the cards?

I was just really excited when they said "More puzzle minigames". That was my favourite part of Mario Party DS, playing those puzzles.

Back