Mario Party: Island Tour

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Characters in the Mario Party series are always coming and going, but DK seems to have been removed from the roster for good. It's too bad 'cuz I loved playing as him in the first games. ;~;

Actually, Mario Party 9 started this trend

Baby Luigi said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:
Characters in the Mario Party series are always coming and going, but DK seems to have been removed from the roster for good. It's too bad 'cuz I loved playing as him in the first games. ;~;

Uh, no. DK was removed from the roster in the fifth installment, Koopa Kid (and some others) were added. Koopa Kid was removed in the seventh installment, Birdo and Dry Bones were added, and so on. This has been occurring before 9.

My cousin had this game and we played it.

It's really bad. I would advise not getting it.

Most of the minigames suck (and there isn't really any objective as you just race to the end based on the luck of the role)

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Baby Luigi said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:

Uh, no. DK was removed from the roster in the fifth installment, Koopa Kid (and some others) were added. Koopa Kid was removed in the seventh installment, Birdo and Dry Bones were added, and so on. This has been occurring before 9.

yeah but once theses guys are gone, they're gone. unlike boo

I'm kinda disappointed with the boards themselves. Most of them are pretty short and feature nothing interesting.

"Perilous Palace Path" is very luck-based with the items, and some of them are kinda cheap, like the "Chaos Kamek" item. "Banzai Bill's Mad Mountain", "Rocket Road" and "Kamek's Carpet Ride" are all ridiculously short, to the point where a game in Banzai Bill's Mad Mountain is over in less than ten minutes. Kamek's board is also pretty bland, and even though it is split into two "sections", it's still a small board. At least the card gimmick allows you slightly more control over the amount of spaces you move. The one board I really liked was "Star-Crossed Skyway", since it is one of the bigger boards and has more to it than the others. I haven't played the "Shy Guy's Shuffle City" board.

As for Rosalina's appearance in Rocket Road, it seems they included her there just for the sake of including her, since all she does is clap for the character who wins the board. I was expecting a much bigger role for her than just standing there, watching the characters.

Stupid Rosalina fanservice

You mean there aren't any Rosalina spaces-that-replace-Donkey-Kong-spaces-which-can-make-Donkey-Kong-playable-again and Rosalina isn't the host of the game?

You fail, Island Tour.

"I'll choose a Dice Block randomly... because I'm Bowser and you're not. It's good to be Bowser!"

:bowser: :bowser: :bowser:

Crud, so the only remotely good board is Star-Crossed Skyway...

Ok, yesterday I got to play it again. Good God, what an AWFUL game. Nintendo should be sued for licensing something this shitty. I mean, wow. The mini-games are yawn-inducing, the boards are boring, and what is up with all the luck involved?

Also, why the hell did they put Rosalina in it? Fucking fanservice (ironic from me saying this since she was included in 3D World for this same reason). I'm mad they put her here just clapping and doing nothing else. She shouldn't have even been involved in this. It's just like that review I posted earlier said: it's like a good actor making a cameo in a horrible movie and getting their paycheck while silently making their exit before it ruins their reputation.

Wow, I guess it's not even worth playing on an emulator for free. I'll keep that in mind.

Computers are so brilliant, like always. Why does it always have to have Mario? Why?

Boo was just like "I'm bored" and committed suicide. I thought this game was going to be alright but now it looks boring.

Candice said:
That was funny. Also, none of those minigames looked particularily exciting.

They are nothing but utter shit. I didn't play a single mini-game where I even said "This was kind of fun". Worst Mario Party ever, up there with 7, 8 and 9.

Well, at least Mario's death gurgle is sort of amusing. He sounds like he doesn't care.

This game is getting a lot of bashing, but I can totally see why. I don't really feel the need to defend as I did with Sticker Star since SS was at least a decently long game with a game mechanic that interested me a lot (Also, most of the complaints at the start were about it being different to the usual PM games. It took about a day before actual valid complaints rolled in and even then I found most of them to not be bothersome unless you let them bother you. Here, most of the complaints make complete sense.)

I'll probably still buy it though, just so I can try it myself. I'll probably enjoy it for a few hours before I shelf it, like most games.

I just realised why this game is so similar to Wii Party. Hudson Soft, the people who made Mario Parties 1-8, closed down in 2012. This game is being made by Nd Cube, the people who made Wii Party, instead. I guess they have their own 'style' of Mario Party, considering they prefer the 'race to the finish' model rather than the 'collect the most stars' gameplay.

Even though I prefer the older style of gameplay, I understand why they did it. Some older Mario Party games had the problem of becoming stale and repetitive after you'd gone on one loop of the board. In this style, things are constantly changing as you move forward.

Purple Yoshi said:
I just realised why this game is so similar to Wii Party. Hudson Soft, the people who made Mario Parties 1-8, closed down in 2012. This game is being made by Nd Cube, the people who made Wii Party, instead.

slowpoke_pokemon.gif

The Nutcrackin355 said:
This game is getting a lot of bashing, but I can totally see why. I don't really feel the need to defend as I did with Sticker Star since SS was at least a decently long game with a game mechanic that interested me a lot (Also, most of the complaints at the start were about it being different to the usual PM games. It took about a day before actual valid complaints rolled in and even then I found most of them to not be bothersome unless you let them bother you. Here, most of the complaints make complete sense.)

I'll probably still buy it though, just so I can try it myself. I'll probably enjoy it for a few hours before I shelf it, like most games.

Sticker Star probably is far from a bad game by itself, but it is often compared to its predecessors (and that there isn't a Paper Mario in the style of the first two ones in years), and it will never avoid the brunt of that.

Try viewing Mario Party: Island Tour as a game by itself and don't compare it to previous games. How does it stack up? I don't think it's a good standalone game either way.

Back