Supper Mario Broth

2257 said:
[11:39] 6.22e+6590: anyway the point is, yossy and yosh arent actually transliterations of ヨッシー
[11:40] 6.22e+6590: to be honest, neither are yoshi or yosi
[11:40] 6.22e+6590: iirc proper transliterations would be yosshī according to hepburn and yossî according to kunrei siki
I must admit that I do not actually know any Japanese, and have to go off other people's descriptions and translations to present Japanese content. This is all entirely my fault and I will simply not mention the word 'transliteration' in the future as I clearly do not have a solid grasp of its intricacies.
Edit: I have deleted the post. I will no longer make posts that rely on inaccurate information in this manner.

tumblr_pdrtu94qev1rrftcdo1_500.jpg

So this is apparently how Princess Peach could have looked like, but they went with a human design in the end. Personally, if that were to be Peach's design, my first impression of hew wouldn't be that she's generic. Then again, the people who loved Peach wouldn't have like this one.

Thank you for reading.

God...

Makes me glad they went for her actual design.

She looks more like a queen than a princess.

I think if you removed the mushroom head and gave her regular hair, she'd be just as generic as Peach.

Czario said:
I think if you removed the mushroom head and gave her regular hair, she'd be just as generic as Peach.
If you remove the mushroom head and give her regular hair, you essentially get Aurora. I had heard that original Aurora-resembling design existed, but wow, I was not expecting it to look that similar.

She certainly does look like Aurora from Sleeping Beauty from the chest down. I was about to point it out, but time constraints and I also forgot her name at the moment.

late but w/e

Sorry it took too long to get this done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvq4w1ynky40jc2/suppermariobroth%20-%20Copy.zip?dl=0

I think some things are missing that you would usually get if you used the downloader I mentioned before due to a thunderstorm knocking out my power at the tail end of the downloading process for these files.

Sgt Nate V said:
Sorry it took too long to get this done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvq4w1ynky40jc2/suppermariobroth%20-%20Copy.zip?dl=0
Thank you very much for doing this. I have taken a look at it and the amount of content to sift through to find the deleted posts is daunting, so please understand if this will take me a while, especially with the new added responsibilities of the Patreon I just launched. However, once I am finished, I will contact the original author to get some additional commentary (as my readers seem to enjoy that) and publish everything in an Imgur album. You will be credited prominently for your work.

winstein said:
tumblr_pdrtu94qev1rrftcdo1_500.jpg

So this is apparently how Princess Peach could have looked like, but they went with a human design in the end. Personally, if that were to be Peach's design, my first impression of hew wouldn't be that she's generic. Then again, the people who loved Peach wouldn't have like this one.

Thank you for reading.
Actually, that comes from a NA guide released in 1987, considering how in 1986 Princess Peach's modern design by Kotabe was finalized, I'm not sure if that was an actual design from Nintendo Co., Ltd. or just one of those marvelous "reinterpretations" that were so common at the time.

Mister Wu said:
Actually, that comes from a NA guide released in 1987, considering how in 1986 Princess Peach's modern design by Kotabe was finalized, I'm not sure if that was an actual design from Nintendo Co., Ltd. or just one of those marvelous "reinterpretations" that were so common at the time.

The name of the book is 'How to Win at Super Mario Bros.', and I found out not long ago that it's actually a localization of Tokuma Shoten's スーパーマリオブラザーズ 完全攻略本 (Super Mario Bros. kanzen kouryaku bon, or "perfect capture book"), which was apparently one of the best selling pieces of literature in Japan in 1985. So yeah, the art is actually from Japan after all...!

Finding old posts is pretty hard! What happened to that post related to Mario Strikers Charged (the Brawl trophy one in particular)? I found that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an odd choice to single out that particular Mario, especially with the conclusion being that it's the only Mario game where Mario has visible gums and individual teeth.

IIRC at one point I saw my Sticker Star-style Dimentio shared on Supper Mario Broth years ago. Looks like that's not in the archive though. It's terrible art anyway but I wish I could verify if it was indeed shared or if it's my memory fabricating it out of 2 unrelated memories :P

Princess Mario said:
Finding old posts is pretty hard! What happened to that post related to Mario Strikers Charged (the Brawl trophy one in particular)? I found that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an odd choice to single out that particular Mario, especially with the conclusion being that it's the only Mario game where Mario has visible gums and individual teeth.
The post is still here: https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/979186313541967875
As for finding old posts, I constantly delete old posts that have people show me counterexamples to my point. My policy is, "if anyone can show proof that the post is not 100% correct, delete it immediately". And if you have an example of another Mario model with separate teeth, I will delete the above post as well.
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
IIRC at one point I saw my Sticker Star-style Dimentio shared on Supper Mario Broth years ago. Looks like that's not in the archive though. It's terrible art anyway but I wish I could verify if it was indeed shared or if it's my memory fabricating it out of 2 unrelated memories :P
It was reblogged by the original author sometime in 2013, but was deleted by me in 2016 when I removed all fan content posts. In retrospect I wish I simply put a disclaimer on those posts instead. I apologize. You must understand that back when I removed those posts, I was under the impression that it would infuriate readers to leave them up, as they would be confused as to which of them were factual and which were not. The disclaimer idea simply did not come to me until it was too late.

I find that post still very odd. I'm not sure why you mention "within the Super Smash Bros. series" when it's a notable thing for the Mario series as a whole. You can tell from the responses that the context of "within the Super Smash Bros. series" doesn't really work, so I think the post is giving people misleading impressions. And I think this is a better image to show Mario's teeth, as his mouth is spread and you can even see the gum details there.

vo2SPZ3.jpg

If you're going for shock value (which the post has accomplished apparently), this image better suits the bill. Anyone who says "it's a mouthguard" hasn't played Mario Strikers Charged.

Princess Mario said:
You can tell from the responses that the context of "within the Super Smash Bros. series" doesn't really work, so I think the post is giving people misleading impressions.

You are right. I have deleted the post for being misleading. Thank you for pointing this out.

Hey, look! I'm famous!
xkl0Kw7.png

absolutely love this blog, been following it since 2016, keep up the good work!
i was wondering if the carrot sprite could change someday to some other carrot, maybe similar to its artwork?
not asking it to be changed, its very good already and its iconic, so id be perfectly fine if it stayed! im just curious if that could happen.

Is there an easier way to browse through older posts? I wish there's a way to check out all the tags rather than parse through posts of related content and then finding the tags there.

Princess Mario said:
Is there an easier way to browse through older posts? I wish there's a way to check out all the tags rather than parse through posts of related content and then finding the tags there.
There used to be a search function, but an update at some point removed it.

ZelenPixel said:
absolutely love this blog, been following it since 2016, keep up the good work!
i was wondering if the carrot sprite could change someday to some other carrot, maybe similar to its artwork?
not asking it to be changed, its very good already and its iconic, so id be perfectly fine if it stayed! im just curious if that could happen.
Thank you very much. The sprite has now been in use for too long to change it, as doing so may lead to confusion whether this is really the same person, especially after a history of not changing it for six years. I have drawn other versions of it before, such as the one used for the "Supper Mario Broth Supper Show" under the membership tiers on my Patreon, but those are not to be used as icons.

Princess Mario said:
Is there an easier way to browse through older posts?
Sgt Nate V said:
There used to be a search function, but an update at some point removed it.
I'm afraid that's true, but not for a lack of trying. I have zero knowledge of web development, as this was handled by the original author (I merely did the artwork), so I do not know how to fix this. I have tried several times to insert code for search bars that would work in the same way the old one did, only to fail. However, there is a workaround. Simply input www.suppermariobroth.com/search/ followed by your search term into the address bar. This should still work; you may also use spaces within your search term. For example, "www.suppermariobroth.com/search/waluigi wario" will bring up results containing both Waluigi and Wario.

Supper Mario Broth said:
Simply input www.suppermariobroth.com/search/ followed by your search term into the address bar. This should still work; you may also use spaces within your search term. For example, "www.suppermariobroth.com/search/waluigi wario" will bring up results containing both Waluigi and Wario.
Heh, of course I knew that. I just didn't remember earlier and I was too damn lazy to try to do it again.

Back