Supper Mario Broth

tumblr_pcyq1w2MCh1rrftcdo1_400.gif
tumblr_pcyq1w2MCh1rrftcdo2_r1_400.gif

In this post, you can see two recordings of gameplay of Super Mario World side by side. Both start at a pipe near the middle of the Chocolate Island 1 level, then the footage on the left goes inside the pipe to get launched over the gap, while the footage on the right jumps over the gap instead. This results in an unexpected difference at the next gap with the springboard: if Mario goes into the pipe, there is a level midpoint tape above it. If Mario does not go into the pipe, the midpoint is absent.

The reason for this is that even though it may look like Mario is immediately emitted back into the level when he enters the pipe, he actually enters a parallel version of the level instead, one almost entirely identical but with small differences such as the existence of the midpoint tape.

Octo-nite8 said:
tumblr_pcyq1w2MCh1rrftcdo1_400.gif
tumblr_pcyq1w2MCh1rrftcdo2_r1_400.gif

In this post, you can see two recordings of gameplay of Super Mario World side by side. Both start at a pipe near the middle of the Chocolate Island 1 level, then the footage on the left goes inside the pipe to get launched over the gap, while the footage on the right jumps over the gap instead. This results in an unexpected difference at the next gap with the springboard: if Mario goes into the pipe, there is a level midpoint tape above it. If Mario does not go into the pipe, the midpoint is absent.

The reason for this is that even though it may look like Mario is immediately emitted back into the level when he enters the pipe, he actually enters a parallel version of the level instead, one almost entirely identical but with small differences such as the existence of the midpoint tape.

What did you know: parallel universes exist in Super Mario World too!

Thank you for reading.

I'm pretty sure that it's just developer convenience. If programming allowed it, I believe they would've created a trigger that would've caused the checkpoint to spawn.

I guess the guys at Supper Mario Broth must have checked Mario Boards every now and then, because this is one of the recent posts:
tumblr_pczv1zBPwy1rrftcdo1_500.gif

This is the post I am referring to:
winstein said:
Di4dnN9U8AERkov.jpg

Are there any commercials which this image come from? Subtitle is in Chinese so it might be a Chinese commercial, but this is the only video I can find featuring Mario interacting with Monopoly's Mr. Pennybags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gvh-1IAOkI

Thank you for reading.

I posted the Mario Kart: Double Dash! metal rendering quirk back in the "Look at it thread" and the thing was posted months later after Supper Mario Broth. I don't think I got credit for noticing it first, lol.

Princess Mario said:
I posted the Mario Kart: Double Dash! metal rendering quirk back in the "Look at it thread" and the thing was posted months later after Supper Mario Broth. I don't think I got credit for noticing it first, lol.
I have registered on this forum specifically to address this post. It is true that I occasionally browse this forum and that I have taken the idea for the Mario Kart: Double Dash metal reflection post from your observation. However, I must note that this happened before I introduced my current sourcing and attribution policy, which has been in place since September 2017.
I have amended the post in question on Supper Mario Broth with an attribution of the discovery to you. I am currently in the process of sourcing all posts predating the policy, but please understand that with thousands of posts, this is a very time-consuming endeavor.

Hello to you, Supper Mario Broth! I am happy to see you addressed that point!

If you do read this, I have a question to ask you: occasionally you will take long breaks between posts, and then on an unexpected day, you will post discoveries non-stop, and the cycle goes on. What do you normally do during the downtime?

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
If you do read this, I have a question to ask you: occasionally you will take long breaks between posts, and then on an unexpected day, you will post discoveries non-stop, and the cycle goes on. What do you normally do during the downtime?
This is a very good question.
At any given time, I have materials for hundreds of posts I could make. In fact, right now, my file listing possible posts has 680 entries. However, most of these entries are of a lower interest to my readers, based on my understanding of what my readers find interesting, so the only time I can post them is between high-interest posts, so as to not bore my readers.
I do not have many high-interest posts saved up, and when I run out, I do not want to fill up the time with low-interest posts as that would - and in fact has in the past - lead to my readers believing I am "running out of material". Therefore, I would rather take short hiatuses, or in some cases longer hiatuses, to find more high-interest posts than to jeopardize the perceived quality of my blog.
Ironically, my Twitter account was first created as an outlet for low-interest posts, but as it gained popularity, I found myself unwilling to disappoint that part of my readership either.

Here's a question I've been willing to ask...

If you have archived everything that was there before you came along (I'm assuming you have due to the reuploads of some of that stuff), would it be possible to create another blog and move it there?

Sorry if this sounds pushy and/or mean.

Sgt Nate V said:
If you have archived everything that was there before you came along (I'm assuming you have due to the reuploads of some of that stuff), would it be possible to create another blog and move it there?

While I did have a backup of the previous owner's material at one point, and planned to reupload the content over time, the backup was sadly lost due to hardware failure. It was entirely my fault to not have created a cloud backup. I have contacted the original owner, but there is not a backup that person could provide either.
All I can say is that I am sorry for deleting and losing the content, but in my defense, the previous owner said that content was not important and that I could delete it freely. If I had known how many people were fond of the content, I would not have listened. Please understand that the blog was much less popular at the time and I could not have foreseen the impact my decision would have.

*bleep* it: I'm goin' back in time!

EDIT: Not only that, but your responses to simple questions are so incredibly patronizing it HURTS. Can you tone it down a little?

Sgt Nate V said:
EDIT: Not only that, but your responses to simple questions are so incredibly patronizing it HURTS. Can you tone it down a little?

I apologize. I tend to structure my responses in a way that seems to me the most comprehensive, which may of course result in being excessively verbose. But I have never intended to come off as patronizing to anyone. To hear this is very saddening, and again, I'm sorry.

Supper Mario Broth said:
please understand that with thousands of posts, this is a very time-consuming endeavor.
Of course. Sourcing is important and I do understand that trying to trace back everything isn't exactly a fun service.

But thanks a lot, I didn't know you'd register. I have no clue what's going on with the sourcing and I don't feel like making a tumblr to ask questions and I didn't expect a response lol.

I do hope you acknowledge other things. I've noticed that you had a comment about Luigi's "stain" on his hat, but I need to point out, if you haven't noticed already, it's technically a result from ambient occlusion baked onto the diffuse map. Basically, they took Luigi's model (which is already UV unwrapped, i.e. right before textures are applied) and exposed it to lights, and the results are translated to texture format. If you're familiar with Photoshop or GIMP, particularly the blending options like "Multiply", you can use this result as part of the color texture. Since Luigi's emblem is a polygon, it has its own shadow, and so that area behind Luigi's emblem is covered in shadow, and it shows up as a "stain".

But you don't have to confuse readers. You can say it's a technically shadow.

Oh btw you're not patronizing to me. I might have came off a little impatient though.

Princess Mario said:
[...] but I need to point out, if you haven't noticed already, it's technically a result from ambient occlusion baked onto the diffuse map. Basically, they took Luigi's model (which is already UV unwrapped, i.e. right before textures are applied) and exposed it to lights, and the results are translated to texture format. If you're familiar with Photoshop or GIMP, particularly the blending options like "Multiply", you can use this result as part of the color texture. Since Luigi's emblem is a polygon, it has its own shadow, and so that area behind Luigi's emblem is covered in shadow, and it shows up as a "stain".
I have corrected the post with the sentence "Removing the emblem shows that the shadow from the emblem is part of the cap’s texture." I hope this is satisfactory.
Thank you for your understanding regarding the sourcing process.

All right, thanks!

I hate to be picky again, but finally, I recommend that if you're going to to model comparisons, you should show the textures too! And although optional, I also recommend the normal maps and specular maps that go with the textures!

I don't want to force you to make more changes, but keep that in mind.

Princess Mario said:
I hate to be picky again, but finally, I recommend that if you're going to to model comparisons, you should show the textures too! And although optional, I also recommend the normal maps and specular maps that go with the textures!

The purpose of that post was to specifically compare the polygon count, not the entirety of the models' different attributes. You must keep in mind that Tumblr is not like ordinary blogs. I cannot put more than a certain number of images into a post, I cannot insert images between text without it resulting in formatting problems when viewed on other people's blogs, etc. This makes it difficult to make long posts, and posts that attempt to make in-depth analyses. Therefore, I am constrained to only concentrating on one aspect of the thing I am presenting at a time. Perhaps in the future, I will compare the models' textures and other properties as well, but please understand that doing it all in one post is not fit for the format of my blog.

All right all right!

oops, just remembered that the Mario's mouth thing in Double Dash post is probably from a separate environment map that was created from this render setup, and they didn't notice that it was inconsistent with Mario and Luigi's facial expressions, I suspect.

You can leave that out if you wish, though, just figured you might be interested in why the reflection shows up strange.

Glad to see you posting here @Supper Mario Broth. And sorry about the Wario Land 4 thing!

Also, sorry that I didn't put the full sequence on the wiki as I want to avoid posting full books there because of copyright, but

SMWGPB4_Larry_Dangos.png

these dangos were offered to Luigi, who then was poisoned, started laughing histerically and fainted, with Larry then revealing himself:
SMWGPB4_Larry_Reveal.png

This scene actually happened later, and it's how Mario managed to make Larry flee away after he started throwing props at Mario and Yoshi and damaging everything he found at Mario's home:
SMWGPB4_Larry_Scared.png

If you want to know details on the story of these books for your blog, you can send me private messages in which I clarify those aspects.

Mister Wu said:
these dangos were offered to Luigi, who then was poisoned, started laughing histerically and fainted, with Larry then revealing himself:
Strange. I would have sworn I saw something else happen, but it turned out to be just a miscollection. Since it is impossible to edit posts on Twitter, I simply deleted all the posts in question instead.
Thank you for your correction.

DO NOT CAPITULATE TO THE TERRORISTS SUPPER MARIO BROTH MAN

DkN7SHSUcAA3aqk.jpg

tumblr_pdhyiyRSVi1rrftcdo1_400.gif

proud to say that my sister and I are among the first to discover this thing or at least write the thing down in MarioWiki

https://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=List_of_Mario_%26_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga_glitches&diff=818472&oldid=803622

it works best in the fountain at Hoo Hoo Village.

When Mario is getting angry at Luigi, he can fly up. Other times, he can get angry at the fountain for some apparent reason that one may never know why.

Mario_and_Luigi_Flying_Mario_Glitch.png

I believe I can fly

I have started creating a ZIP file full of old Mario Broth stuff I downloaded using the the Wayback Machine Downloader. I will post it here soon.

Back