Supper Mario Broth

Curious to know where Supper Mario Broth got "Vario" from, seeing how the source tweet doesn't say that character has a name.

Borp said:
Curious to know where Supper Mario Broth got "Vario" from, seeing how the source tweet doesn't say that character has a name.

I think that's an assumption, because it's not know what the "evil Mario" is called so until his name is known he's just called Mario but "V" replaces "M".

Thank you for reading.

Coincidentally, "Vario" is Wario's Russian name.

The post is gone now, so I guess they realized themselves that there was no proof of that name, and you know how they get about misinformation.

They call the dark spot on Luigi's Odyssey hat a "black stain"

it's not, it's a shadow from ambient occulsion baking

In computer graphics, ambient occlusion is a shading and rendering technique used to calculate how exposed each point in a scene is to ambient lighting.
In other words, that area in Luigi's cap receives nearly no light. Therefore, this shadow is translated to the 2D texture to save rendering processing while giving an illusion of shadow.

http://suppermariobroth.tumblr.com/post/172630439655/practice-makes-perfect-a-rap-song-hidden-in-the
Mama Mia! :eek:

subject matter aside that's actually pretty good

when will it be in smash bros

Rocket Raccoon said:
subject matter aside that's actually pretty good

when will it be in smash bros
Not soon enough.

on the other hand the twitter was flagged mature for this
DZmJizOX4AA6IsM.jpg:large

According to responses on the Twitter (and it was posted on the MarioWiki Discord), depicting actors in costumed animals is considered sensitive because it dispels the illusion that the character is indeed real, and places that use costumed characters maintain keeping the illusion quite seriously.

in my pov I don't see how this is sensitive enough to be considered censorship material.

blueprints and concept pieces for amusement parks, by that logic, should be considered "sensitive" material

Baby Luigi said:
According to responses on the Twitter (and it was posted on the MarioWiki Discord), depicting actors in costumed animals is considered sensitive because it dispels the illusion that the character is indeed real, and places that use costumed characters maintain keeping the illusion quite seriously.

in my pov I don't see how this is sensitive enough to be considered censorship material.

I'm certain this isn't actually that and Twitter's automated algorithms are just confusing patterns in the photo for breasts or something

the twitter has been unflagged

also enjoy this please
DaC_B8xX0AEwrlH.png:large

Waluigi exists to suffer. I approve this existence.

someone in nintendo's marketing department was either oblivious or really liked adult humor
DaLt_gbXUAAoRaU.jpg:large

I'm not sure if this is NSFW or not

Mcmadness said:
Waluigi exists to suffer. I approve this existence.
Waluigi is the Dick Dastardly of the Mario series.
And that's why he's great.

Sgt Nate V said:
someone in nintendo's marketing department was either oblivious or really liked adult humor
DaLt_gbXUAAoRaU.jpg:large

I'm not sure if this is NSFW or not
Sometimes these things happen.
See Sega's entire 32x ad campaign.

Supper Mario Broth is back last week, so now you can start referencing material in other threads! The post that signifies their return is a Yoshi's Story enemy, which will no doubt be put in the "Look at it" thread:

tumblr_pbcxpc3VoD1rrftcdo1_500.png

...and continuing with the Mario wireframe lamp, which was already referenced in the "Look at it" thread:

tumblr_pbdjd8nOGx1rrftcdo1_500.jpg

...and then there's a Mario that's not up to scale, so he appears bigger than the tower he's climbing!

tumblr_p4axmbDp021rrftcdo1_500.jpg

Thank you for reading.

I can't recall if I posted this before, but there's some SMB Movie concept art on the blog.

tumblr_o9ykg7XPB91rrftcdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o9ykg7XPB91rrftcdo2_500.jpg

tumblr_o5y8t6SmQo1rrftcdo1_1280.jpg

I definitely know I posted those Bowser concepts in another thread, if not all at the same time. The Goombas and Toads also wouldn't look out of place in the "LOOK AT IT" thread.

Are they incapable of not turning Mario stuff into holy abominations or something

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Are they incapable of not turning Mario stuff into holy abominations or something
It was a different time.
It'd be easier to list adaptations that actually followed the source material

Oh yeah, this is what the original design for the Mushroom Kingdom was like:

tumblr_o5l5k9e9iE1rrftcdo1_640.jpg

I think I have heard the "fantasy" script referred to as having an "Alice in Wonderland" vibe now that I think about it...

Looks like Supper Mario Broth now mention the Super Mario Sunshine tag line in one of their Twitter posts: https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1019250919156998144

By comparing different visible parts of the tagline in Super Mario Sunshine covers in different regions, we can reconstruct the full tagline as "Mario Has More Moves Than Ever And You'll Have To Master Them [To Spray] (Europe) / [All To Sprinkle] (US) Water In The Sunshine!"
DiUbMCaWAAILzsP.png:large

Thank you for reading.

Back