FTG's art

Yeeeeeaah, I think the hand detail can be toned back a bit. Blurck.

Noted. Though that artwork is from the older half of the year and I only pulled it back out to make the ghost form, but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I see you gave him a Gru-ish nose.

And I like that.

He's ready for the next nonexistent DDR game.

So, Paper Mario's artwork used for a Spirit in Smash Ultimate is actually an obscure piece of artwork from Color Splash that is a flat-shaded variation of his hammer artwork but with a 2D hammer. It's not available in hi-res though so I remade it that way. Well technically I started making this based on the Spirit before the origin of the art was discovered and I thought it was brand new artwork. But whatever, here it is (I'll make a shaded version later but this is one accurate to the original, sans the extra stroke but I'm never satisfied with my PM art if I don't add a stroke, and the Spirit doesn't have the white outline)

mvbw8jjfxfw11.png

Edit: Shaded version with TTYD colors
paper_mario_spirit_remastered_by_fawfulthegreat64-dcr9v1k.png

Also, SVG version: https://svgur.com/i/9EV.svg

At least the fact that he's a spirit doesn't deconfirm him. Some playable characters have spirits!

Yeah but considering Sakurai just said he isn't even the one choosing the DLC characters my hopes for anything of the sort just dropped significantly. With general Nintendo deciding them I feel like it'll be paid 3rd party product placement and maybe whatever first party's currently striking it big with mainstream audiences next year. Which Paper Mario, and Mario RPGs in general, sadly don't usually manage to do. I trust Sakurai way more than the rest of Nintendo for Smash.

Anyway, back to more artwork. Here's the muscle of Bleck's crew, O'Chunks!

o_chunks__warrior_by_fawfulthegreat64-dcrdd9w.png

Got to do a fun Photoshop thing in Viscom I today. The task was to take a creature and dissect it. I wasted no time on my choice of victim.

DuufPQCW0AEtcj4.jpg

Toad is an onion the entire time...

Not a fan of the kind of artwork that is (and I think people who know me well here may have heard that from me numerous times), for reasons that would both disturb you and bore you, but objectively...

Looks good.

Fawful Claus said:
Got to do a fun Photoshop thing in Viscom I today. The task was to take a creature and dissect it. I wasted no time on my choice of victim.

DuufPQCW0AEtcj4.jpg

I feel bad that I liked it. As LGM said, he looks like an onion on the inside.
But seriously, good job.

Back