FTG's art

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
That particular piece was done in Paint Tool SAI, as with anything else I've done in a similar art style. I just use the brushes in that program.
It's not just that one. Pretty much every 2D art you did, including the recent ones, have that nice gradual gradient colouring. I am using GIMP normally, so if there's a way to do it, that would be quite helpful.

Thank you for reading.

King Olly

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
I use Illustrator for most of them, with 3 main layers: line art, gradients for shading, and solid colors. I start with the lines, then fill in solid colors in a new layer below that. Finally I put a layer between them and draw the shapes to fill with a gradient (most actually use the same color but fade from opaque to transparent, appearing as the darker shade color fading into the lighter solid color. I can go into more detail if needed later when I'm not on my phone 😂

King Olly

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
I made a 3D render of one of my favorite underrated childhood toys. The NakNaks were collectible figures that could click into different positions such as the one depicted here, and there were many interesting printed designs as well as combinations of hand/foot shapes (hook, toe, or neither)

The instruction manuals advertised upcoming designs that would actually change up the shape of the figure itself- such as short fat ones or tall lanky ones- but those never got released since Hasbro discontinued the NakNak brand in 2003 😭

The one shown here is Chameleon-nak, the "rare" holographic figure. I put it in quotations because, while it's presented as a rare figure, it actually wasn't that rare, though there were many different versions of it that, if narrowed that far, could be considered rare. Chameleon-nak could only be found as part of the Wave Rocker playset, and never appeared in any figure packs. Still, he was special enough that kid-me made him the king of my Naks.

chameleon_nak_by_fawfulthegreat64_ddmlfld-fullview.png

King Olly

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Wickedclownmodel.jpg

I improved my NakNak model when making this model of the unreleased Wicked Clown-Nak. Complete with a remaster of the sticker design-- or at least the best I could do in a vector program. The model now accurately has the openings & grooves that would be on a real NakNak figure - as opposed to the rather half-assed job I did on the above Chameleon-Nak model. I plan to make one of the Basketnak in the near future- the other unique shape that never got released, as shown in my sig.

King Olly

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
(I know i have a CS sprite in my sig but admittedly it was a quick edit because i liked Mario's pose and wanted to make him drink a monster. One of these days I'll get around to redrawing it so it has the shading style of TTYD)
That day turned out to be today after all-
paper mario monster.png

Sweetie Belle

"It's not chaos, you dodo!"
cool, but i dont think that castle bleck being over the water is really what nintendo wanted. its just in a sky of empty darkness

King Olly

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Oh I know it wasn't in the game, i just took creative liberties and wanted to add scenery around it.