FTG's art

I didn't change the proportions so yes.

teeth is better, though I don't see that much of a noticeable difference in the bumpmapping? Try turning it down where Luigi's hat doesn't remind me of dimples on a golf ball.

There's no difference between the second and first post of it now since I updated it. This is what the bump mapping originally looked like (and I thought you were referring to the overalls, which did have a bit too much contrasting gloss). I'm afraid to lower it much more because I don't want it to look plain or just painted on with no surface details.

x1Verv8.jpg

(was actually turned into a JPG by Imgur because they like making images worse)

strike_of_the_green_thunder_by_fawfulthegreat64-dc3nezg.png

I think the golf-ball esque surface comes from the bump map image that came with Luigi. Lowering it more made it look too plain, I'd rather wait until his final Odyssey model comes out to make further updates, as this is an early unused version.

By the way I noticed that the Mario Kart render lacks bump mapping on the pointing glove. Mistake on my part where I somehow thought that applying it to the glove texture applied it to all instances of it. But since my 3DS Max license expired I can't get back into the max file of it (I've been using Blender + Sketchfab for the recent ones)

The new Luigi model is out so I've updated Mr. L with a more expressive pose, lighter bumpmapping, a bandanna that's actually a model (from Mario's cowboy outfit to be precise) and pupil-less eyes (this was a suggestion on DeviantArt that said even though all the characters have simple eyes in Paper Mario, Mr. L would probably still have them in 3D due to it looking better on a masked character)

strike_of_the_green_thunder__v2__by_fawfulthegreat64-dc48ee4.png

I made a lineless 2D vector of Captain Kiddie and Squawk, from Tom and Jerry: The Movie.

we_ve_done_it_all_by_fawfulthegreat64-dc79y6n.png

Have a 3D Bowser render as well. Based on his pose in Dream Team artwork.

king_bowser_s_showtime__by_fawfulthegreat64-dc7ban1.png

ooo you should try metallic shaders on him

For his wristbands? I have played around with shaders in Blender, but the wristbands are part of the same object as his body so if I made them metallic, his skin would also be metallic. (Yeah I am using Blender now, 3DS Max license expired and I'm not going to go through the hassle of trying to lie about being a student or otherwise being shady, I'd rather just use the free software that I've mostly figured out the basics of)

Pretty sure the wristbands are modeled separately from the wrist, so it should be easy trying to separate the mesh. I know you can separate in Maya and Max, so Blender should have this extremely basic operation.

I haven't done Paper Mario style in a while, here's Mario x Vivian in Paper Mario style:

ttyd__mario_x_vivian_by_fawfulthegreat64-dc8hxfo.png

TTYD's ending is heartbreaking for Vivian. She clearly has feelings for Mario and I prefer this over Mario x Peach.

Could you get one with a transparent background?

Was thinking about personal UI-related replacements for Mario Kart 8 and a recurring element for Waluigi's racer mugshot is to replace it with him exactly in that pose, and his full body showing.

I just noticed.

Apparently according to the description and one of the tags you put on DA, this thing he saw is the smash symbol.

Correct?

Made a render of a Mario & Luigi: Dream Team scene.

mario_and_luigi__dream_team_hd_by_fawfulthegreat64-dc8z25o.png

Oddly enough, the environment was actually ripped from Paper Jam, since it was easier to rip from that game and it had leftovers from DT.

You should've drawn him in his pink jammies.

I wonder what his personality will be.

3D render of Pauline in Mario Tennis Aces. I thought she was a shoo-in for the game because of Odyssey but wow she still hasn't been confirmed. Well I can at least make a fanmade render of her in the game.

pauline___mario_tennis_aces_by_fawfulthegreat64-dcbrlgf.png

Fawful's probable end goal in BIS, which was probably not realistic even if Bowser hadn't stopped him due to the Dark Star probably overthrowing him, but this was fun to make anyway. Side note- might be switching to basic Blender renders as I feel like this came out better than the stuff I've been doing in Cycles.

dark_lord_fawful_by_fawfulthegreat64-dcbzi8k.png

All I'm wondering is if Mario's behind all of this, given the throne color...

Back