Mario Party 9

As long as Lubba's a host I'm happy. I'm one of the few Lubba fans here.

I liked playing as Koopakid. It's like playing as a Bowser, just smaller. Plus my sister always said he looked like a spider which somehow made me laugh

New Super Mario said:
As long as Lubba's a host I'm happy. I'm one of the few Lubba fans here.

The info that was posted was mere speculation though, so it might not happen at all, unless an official source confirms this.

I think Lubba should be one of the many hosts in Mario Party 9.

Yes. The more hosts, the better. They should bring Tumble, Brighton, and Twila back some time.

What? The Koopalings helping people who are against Bowser? No.

I prefer a story where the hosts argue over who should host Mario Party.

A long stretch, but seeing a WarioWare related board would be an interesting twist. At least that way, the WarioWare employees would be able to interact with Mario and the group.

I also mentioned about Ashley being a Mario Party participant, but that too is highly unlikely.

MnSG said:
A long stretch, but seeing a WarioWare related board would be an interesting twist.

They made a WarioWare-like court in Mario Power Tennis. I say it's not such a big stretch

It's about time Nintendo releases some new info about this game. Maybe at the November 17th conference?

FMGBASKFH said:
It's about time Nintendo releases some new info about this game. Maybe at the November 17th conference?
Per, I have herd nothing in ages. (Could this game turn out to be a joke)

Skull Kid said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Per, I have herd nothing in ages. (Could this game turn out to be a joke)
No, the CEO of Nintendo aren't trolls like Capcom's.

I'm pretty sure that they're delaying the game and will probably not give info till later in the year or perhaps the next year. Nintendo already has a large line-up of Mario games coming out, so they are probably leaving MP9 for next year for better sales.

Not to mention that the almost similar game Fortune Street will becoming this year on early December for the Wii. Nintendo probably would not release two party-esque games for the same console at the same time. They may have also delayed development so that Fortune Street can get better sales.

Propeller Toad said:
I'm pretty sure that they're delaying the game and will probably not give info till later in the year or perhaps the next year. Nintendo already has a large line-up of Mario games coming out, so they are probably leaving MP9 for next year for better sales.

Not to mention that the almost similar game Fortune Street will becoming this year on early December for the Wii. Nintendo probably would not release two party-esque games for the same console at the same time. They may have also delayed development so that Fortune Street can get better sales.

Per.

It doesn't happen very often that Nintendo cancels games. A Mario game, I mean. The last time I recall that happening was Super Mario 128, and that was a long time ago. Even then, Super Mario 128 wasn't completely canceled.

What do you guys think about what the roster should be? I think Mario Party 8 had an AWFUL roster. Actually, I think that from Mario Party 5 onwards, all the rosters have sucked. Why? They started including generic characters. What the *bleep* is up with Dry Bones and freaking BLOOPER? It's nonsensical.

I think the roster for Mario Party 9 should consist on only the characters we have seen so far, plus Donkey Kong's comeback:

1 ) Mario
2 ) Luigi
3 ) Peach
4 ) Daisy
5 ) Yoshi
6 ) Wario
7 ) Daisy
8 ) Waluigi
9 ) Toad
10 ) Koopa Troopa
11 ) Shy Guy
12 ) Donkey Kong

I included the generic characters because what the hell, they're already there. While I would like Rosalina to be added, I'm not sure, because she's so serious and calm she would look strange jumping and running around. About Toadette, Boo and the others: they should be supporting characters placed on the board, like Toadette can sell the Stars, Boo can steal again, Dry Bones can sell at the Item shop and stuff like that.

Thoughts?

I actually don't mind the roster, even if Birdo is there since I never choose her. I usually choose the same CPUs whenever I play anyways :P

I really don't have an opinion on the generic characters like Boo, Dry Bones, Blooper, Hamme Bro. etc. They seem better off as obstacles as opposed to being playable. However, at least Koopa and Shy Guy are alright as they are common player characters in most spin-offs in comparison to some of the past Mario Party characters (thinks of Blooper specifically).

Additionally, I really don't think Rosalina would fit in as a playable character; she seems more of a host type character as opposed to a playable character in my opinion. On the otherhand, while they are not extremely needed, I would like to see Birdo and Toadette (especially the latter) as a part of the roster. These two would complete the roster as they would complete the roster consisting of the main characters. Plus it gives Yoshi and Toad their partners (unless Nintendo decides to pair Toad and Yoshi together again instead).

Also I too would like to see Donkey Kong's return as a playable character. I always wondered who ever came up with the idea of DK being a host (unless it was his size that was the excuse).

I'm not a big fan of generic characters (even though I love Hammer Bro.).

I still want Fawful playable, even though I doubt that'll happen.

All the generic enemies were bad additions. They already played a role as being shopkeepers/star stealers/bankrobbers/whatever and I think their role should remain.

We have many other characters who can work out over the generic enemies. Namely Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, the Baby Mario Bros. (also to draw the line on the other baby characters), etc.

I fully agree. It has always been better to have established characters as opposed to taking a generic enemy for a playable character. There are notable exceptions such as Toad and Yoshi; however, these characters have already been established as characters. Mario Party 8's roster selection was really awkward to look at in my opinion as the character select screen had the entire bottom row of characters (excluding Toad and Toadette) with completely generic characters.

Generic baddies and etc are better filling in by having NPC roles (shop keepers, obstacles in the mini-games etc.). So far, we are stuck with Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy, but I think this is a safe place to mark the line. These two are enough in my opinion. I'm certain that the generic enemies' do have their fans; however, this is my opinion.

Propeller Toad said:
Generic baddies and etc are better filling in by having NPC roles (shop keepers, obstacles in the mini-games etc.). So far, we are stuck with Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy, but I think this is a safe place to mark the line. These two are enough in my opinion. I'm certain that the generic enemies' do have their fans; however, this is my opinion.

Well, there are some people that are happy Koopa and Shy Guy are playable (and some are bummed Dry Bones got the cut). Still, Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy were pretty much unexpected, due to their frequent roles as shopkeepers and hosts in the series. Toad is one notable exception, as he is an established character already.

Back