Mario Party 9

RandomYoshi said:
Yes. Mario Party 9 is in NEED of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.
Mario Party needs a better roster, the Mario Party 8 was AWFUL (I'm referring to the new characters)... :mad: They need to include some characters that are in others spin-off games, like Diddy Kong, the babies, Rosalina... Ah, and bring back DK!!

^As in DK and Koopa Kid? Yeah, I agree that DK definitely needs to come back as he deserves to be playable. The DK space? Give it to Cranky Kong, he'd be hilarious. :P Koopa Kid's return...it would be pretty interesting to see his return especially since Jr. is now around. I'm neutral on him.

There were of course those from Mario Party DS that did not appear as playable characters. From those characters, I would like to see Toadette and Birdo to return. Boo, Dry Bones, and Hammer Bro. are neutral on my mind, though I'd prefer to see them as obstacles as opposed to being playable (my opinion again).

Ugh, but Blooper needs out. Whoever thought he would have made it as a playable. :???:

YoshiGo99 said:
It would be funny to see Cranky in the DK space! He would be yelling at you. But then what would happen to DK?

DK would be going to be playable again.

I find it hard to believe that Cranky would willingly give away stars and coins to players... Of course, perhaps if his mini-games were REALLY challenging.

^Imagine his reaction towards Mario himself. :P

"You haven't changed a bit over the years!"

Anyways, I think Cranky would probably be forced to giving stars and perhaps make remarks about it if he did own the DK space. Regardless, challenging mini-games would work too (a way to make Mario Party more harder to obtaining stars). It's not like DK was the most willing character to be helping the others as well...

I would prefer Rosalina being the person that gives great bonuses, especially considering that doesn't quite fit as a playable character in those games.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I would prefer Rosalina being the person that gives great bonuses, especially considering that doesn't quite fit as a playable character in those games.
Yeah, she DOESN'T really fit as a playable character... Because usually, the playable characters have to suffer demeaning defeats when it comes to some of the mini-games... And I don't think it's possible for Rosalina to be "demeaning" in any way...

Only in Mario Kart games. :P But she doesn't get tortured as much.

Rosalina indeed would make a good host as well. She seems to be more like that type of character as well (a kind figure who is willing to help others). I don't see her to becoming playable; however, if we do see a SMG themed stage, I would not be suprised to see her as some type of host.

I'm glad that people agree with me that Rosalina wouldn't make a good playable character.

I think we can replace Donkey Kong's role with Rosalina and restore Donkey Kong to a playable character. I loved him as my opponent because he sounds funny.

I agree with you LGM. There was no real reason to remove DK in the first part, so I think it would benefit Nintendo if they made him playable so that his fans could play as him or face off against him once again. I always though DK looked odd for a supporting character.

Rosalina would fit as a supporting character as well. Probably not the main host; however, as the person handling the stars and helpful material she seems to be perfect for the most part.

Also speaking about hosts, I wonder who will be the main host this time. We seem to have a traditional Mushroom Kingdom setting, so I do wonder who it will be (assuming we do get one). Toadsworth?

Toadsworth was already host in Mario Party 7, but I guess it can work out. It would be crazy if there were previous Mario Party hosts clashing with each other, though.

I disagree with some of the ideas you guys have put here... I respect them, but I don't share them. I think none of the generic characters should come back (Boo, Birdo, Toadette, Dry Bones, Hammer Bro., Blooper). I think they should be supporting characters...

As for the host, I'd like Rosalina and Lubba to take that place, like Tumble and the Millenium Star, and Brighton and Twila. They would make a great hosting pair. Even though she's my favorite character, she would look VERY weird being playable.

And Koopa Kid back?! Hell no!!

Smashgoom202 said:
I find it hard to believe that Cranky would willingly give away stars and coins to players... Of course, perhaps if his mini-games were REALLY challenging.

Maybe Cranky would say something like...

"So you decided to meet with old Cranky, did ya? Well, if you're looking for a challenge, you've come to the right ape. My mini-games are the toughest ones out there, and only the best of the best can handle them. If you beat my mini-game, you'll leave with a prize, but I doubt that that will happen. Anyway, time to see what you'll be playing then..."

If you lose...

"I knew that my mini-game was too much for you. No prizes for you today. Still, come back to me any time you want to try my mini-games again. But for now, scram and leave me in peace!!"

If you win...

"You won? Maybe it's just dumb luck that got you the win. Either way, take your stupid prize and leave me in peace!"

I have no problem with Rosalina being a playable character. I rather prefer play with her than just say she doesn't fit that role.

MnSG said:

"So you decided to meet with old Cranky, did ya? Well, if you're looking for a challenge, you've come to the right ape. My mini-games are the toughest ones out there, and only the best of the best can handle them. If you beat my mini-game, you'll leave with a prize, but I doubt that that will happen. Anyway, time to see what you'll be playing then..."

If you lose...

"I knew that my mini-game was too much for you. No prizes for you today. Still, come back to me any time you want to try my mini-games again. But for now, scram and leave me in peace!!"

If you win...

"You won? Maybe it's just dumb luck that got you the win. Either way, take your stupid prize and leave me in peace!"

Hehe nice one. But I think Cranky would say much more than this. It would be a lot of A button pushing... :P

FMGBASKFH said:
I disagree with some of the ideas you guys have put here... I respect them, but I don't share them. I think none of the generic characters should come back (Boo, Birdo, Toadette, Dry Bones, Hammer Bro., Blooper). I think they should be supporting characters...
Oh please, take out Birdo and Toadette from this list. :-\

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:

If you lose...

If you win...

That's so brilliant it it nails Cranky's character to a T!

FMGBASKFH said:

As for the host, I'd like Rosalina and Lubba to take that place, like Tumble and the Millenium Star, and Brighton and Twila. They would make a great hosting pair. Even though she's my favorite character, she would look VERY weird being playable.

And Koopa Kid back?! Hell no!!

Toadette isn't generic. Don't lump her with the generic enemies. Birdo is technically generic, though, but she isn't quite like Koopa Troopas, Boos, Dry Bones, or Bullet Bills.

Bring back all the characters. My Opinion, don't go crazy.

Replace DK with Rosalina (She's a good choice IMO.)
Make DK & Koopa Kid playable again.
Koopa Kid cant be played in Story Mode (if their is one. if it's just a meh story like MP8's then he can be played)
Bring back Dry Bones and all the Characters that are being left out.
NOW, you can add whoever the flipping hell you want.

Let's remove Lucky Spaces, Candies, and unimaginative Bowser events!

New Super Mario said:
Anybody besides me thinking they may move this to the Wii U? I mean, they haven't even announced the release date yet

I hope they don't. Look at the mess that is Mario Party 8. Why? Because it was a Gamecube project moved to Wii in the last moment.

Back