Mario Party 9

Quite true about the Dry Bones part as I have seen quite a few people who are mourning over his loss. Of course every character will have their own fans; however, including many generic characters in my opinion is not really my favour.

Also very true about Koopa and Shy Guy. Both have their roles in the MP series; however, I actually was not too surprised by their entrances (at least not as much as I would have expected myself to have been) as both have been in many of the newer and older spin-offs as well. I am not too bothered by them like I was with those like Blooper (though it would have been nicer to see veteran characters like Birdo and Toadette before these two). Let's just hope Nintendo does not pull a Mario Kart 7 on us and brings in random characters in the game (eg. Metal Mario - characters based on power-ups for pre-existing characters is even worse than the generic characters).

Propeller Toad said:
Let's just hope Nintendo does not pull a Mario Kart 7 on us and brings in random characters in the game (eg. Metal Mario - characters based on power-ups for pre-existing characters is even worse than the generic characters).

Even though I love the Baby Mario Bros....

I was not applying that to the Baby Bros. The baby characters (well at least Baby Mario and Baby Luigi) have established themselves as characters already (especially in M&L: Pit). Additionally, they are very different in terms of physical appearance in comparison to the regular Mario or Luigi. Additionally, they have a potential to repping the Yoshi series so this makes them even more interesting. I would actually like to see these two (only these two babies) make it as newcomers.

I was applying my reasoning to the forms of Mario that either consisted him of wearing different clothing or just a recoloured re-skin of himself.

I'm glad they took Dry Bones out. I want to see Toadette, Boo, Hammer Bro. and Blooper out as well. Toad out would have been nice as well, but whatever.

And yes, I know that's not a Toad, but THE Toad, but I still want him out.

Why don't you want Toad? He hasn't done anything wrong. :( Same goes for Toadette.

Is it due to personal preference of just disliking the character?

Propeller Toad said:
Why don't you want Toad? He hasn't done anything wrong. :( Same goes for Toadette.

Is it due to personal preference of just disliking the character?

Just personal preference. I don't have anything against either of them! I just think they shouldn't be playable characters in the Mario Party series.

I don't know why people are hating generics, but you can have one Koopa Troopa be playable, while another is a shopkeeper. Mario Kart 7 also proves this statement by having one Lakitu be a racer, while the other operates the GP races.

MnSG said:
I don't know why people are hating generics, but you can have one Koopa Troopa be playable, while another is a shopkeeper. Mario Kart 7 also proves this statement by having one Lakitu be a racer, while the other operates the GP races.
Yeah and they do make them look different by giving the playable Lakitu a red shell and the operating Lakitu a Green Shell.

I just don't like how they resort to generics before they add more notable characters.

If they were the same characters over and over, it would be a boring roster. Thats why any new addition that hasnt been used yet is good to me.

I still think Rosalina should have been replaced by Waluigi and Metal Mario replaced by E. Gadd.

I don't think I read anywhere people going "I want Waluigi in". I saw "I Want Rosalina in". Guess they might've listened. People should stop complaining about the new characters. You're all overreacting. Theyre in now, You dont like em, ignore em. Personally, I'm glad they put in them 4 because theyre new, unexpected and not the same old characters we usually see.

Skull Kid said:
I still think Rosalina should have been replaced by Waluigi and Metal Mario replaced by E. Gadd.

Maybe more like Waluigi replacing Metal Mario. However, this would drop the amount of possible heavyweights, as Waluigi is portrayed as a middleweight character.

I don't really think weightclass would matter unless it affects your abilities in mini-games :P

Yoshi8984 said:
I don't really think weightclass would matter unless it affects your abilities in mini-games :P

Well you know how heavy vehicles can easily push back lighter vehicles, right?

Pinkie Pie said:
Wait wut. It sounds like you are all talking about MK7 when this thread is about MP9. :???:.

The thread did get off-topic there. Guess I misread the topic name for a moment.

Skull Kid said:

WHAT. Don't mess with Rosalina. Rosalina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Waluigi.

Rosalina doesn't really fit escaping an avalanche while skiing, though.

Baby Luigi said:
Rosalina doesn't really fit escaping an avalanche while skiing, though.

I absolutely agree. I was just defending her from those who say Waluigi should have replaced her in Mario Kart (since that was the topic of the conversation going on above this comment).

I didnt think peach or Daisy did too, but it seems like Rosalina's becoming more of a spin-off game, since I doubt Galaxy games will go past 2. Galaxy games have done their dash, another one would be repetitieve.

Crackin355 said:
I didnt think peach or Daisy did too, but it seems like Rosalina's becoming more of a spin-off game, since I doubt Galaxy games will go past 2. Galaxy games have done their dash, another one would be repetitieve.

A third Super Mario Galaxy wouldn't be too bad, especially when you take into account that we did have two sequels for Super Mario Bros.; Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3.

Yeah but I would rather have something new. I actually like liner level designs.

Baby Luigi said:
Propeller Toad said:
Let's just hope Nintendo does not pull a Mario Kart 7 on us and brings in random characters in the game (eg. Metal Mario - characters based on power-ups for pre-existing characters is even worse than the generic characters).

Even though I love the Baby Mario Bros....

Yes. Mario Party 9 is in NEED of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

I don't think baby versions of Mario & Luigi are good choices. If they do put them in, whatever, but I just hate Baby versions of characters. They can stick to Yoshi's Island DS.

Back