The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Hello, I want to introduce myself to the board. I'm Fernando from California 31 years old.

To be quick I played my life Mario bros all the way. I'm trying to get back to it as a hobby. Blessings

Hello! I'm Carl from the US East Coast and I've loved the Mario series for as long as I can remember-- mostly from the NES to GameCube era now. This site seems to be the most inviting one I've seen in a while and I'm excited to make some friends here without having to.. uh.. regulate myself as much as I usually do. I'm not very sure what else to add, so here's something I sketched(?) around a year or two ago.
Maouh.JPG

Lens of Truth is a channel about video games.

The Mario series might just be my favorite out of all gaming, that or Kingdom Hearts. I'm a big fan of 3D Mario games, my favorites being Odyssey, Sunshine, and Galaxy, and I also love Super Mario World, and Super Mario Land deserves more credit. Yoshi's Island is a beautiful game with great music, but I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay. Wario Land 4 was one of the first games I ever beat and to this day the only way to tell someone to "Hurry up!" is in a Wario voice. Double Dash!! is the best Mario Kart game and I always go with Waluigi and Baby Luigi.

Greetings! I will probably mostly lurk around here, but regardless I'm a huge fan of dumb minutiae and as consequence am an avid reader and editor of various wikis, so I'm around the wiki sphere as it were, in particular the Super Mario Wiki in this case. I'll be around \o

Hi, ive been a mario fan since the wii era, its a pleasure to be able to chat with other mario fans and share experiences with everyone! :tumble::tumble::tumble:

Name: 7even
Favorite Mario Game: Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Galaxy
Favorite Mario Series: Mario Kart & 3D Mario Games
Favorite Nintendo System: Nintendo 64
Favorite Nintendo accessory: Don't Know
Birth Date: 1
[/QUOTE]

Hello, I'm Captain Odyssey.

I'm a fan of pretty much all Mario games, with my favorites tending to be the 3D platformers and rpgs. I've been a fan since the Wii era and would be happy to discuss the franchise with fellow fans.

I am CozyPoo, you can just call me Cozy.

If I had to pick a Mario game as my favorite, it would have be Odyssey for the memories. My oldest kid was only 2yo when he watched me play through the entire game, all 999 moons collected. Something I was only able to do because my kid requested that I play Mario ❤

I immortalized those memories for myself by getting a Star tattoo (which he initially called a moon lol)
310162440_642852090567065_2599798177807374523_n.jpg

My day job is in computer programming, coding and stuff. I know a fair bit about wiki markup too, and I've always admired the dedication of the MarioWiki. Didn't even know there were forums up till now!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm theDLCguy. My journey into Mario, and gaming in general, began with playing the Gamecube Mario Party games at my grandmother's house. Since then I've always had a strong interest in gaming (Nintendo and indies in particular) as well as the trivia that surrounds it. I'm pretty new to forums that aren't reddit, though I have posted a couple times on the Nintendolife forums. I mainly joined here to improve my social skills and possibly make friends with other like-minded individuals.

hi, im sparki :]
i dont know what else to say, i just joined this forum because it looks cool [+ because i like mario obv]
Nice avatar.

I am CozyPoo, you can just call me Cozy.

If I had to pick a Mario game as my favorite, it would have be Odyssey for the memories. My oldest kid was only 2yo when he watched me play through the entire game, all 999 moons collected. Something I was only able to do because my kid requested that I play Mario ❤

I immortalized those memories for myself by getting a Star tattoo (which he initially called a moon lol)

My day job is in computer programming, coding and stuff. I know a fair bit about wiki markup too, and I've always admired the dedication of the MarioWiki. Didn't even know there were forums up till now!
D'aww, having gotten to play mario as a toddler is one of my cherished memories. so nice for your kiddo, Luma tats amazing.

Hey there, I'm Leaf!

I am 22 years old as of 2023, from Germany, and a nonbinary pal who never stopped loving forums and the independent, creative internet away from mainstream social media.

SPPGoomba.gif

I started playing Mario games very early on in my life; it kicked off with Mario Bros. 3 on my hand-me-down Game Boy Advance SP when I was a child, and grew to expand through the many Nintendo consoles I owned over the years, mostly the DS and the Wii. My favorite games I remember playing are Mario Galaxy, NSMBW, Mario Kart (Wii/8) and Mario Party 8, although I have watched many playthroughs of other games including all the RPGs I don't have the patience for and it feels like I played them myself these days, so I am familiar with most of the Mario universe. :)

Throughout my childhood, I also wrote some fanfiction and fan content mostly centered around the lore and "background" of the Mario universe rather than any canon characters (my favorite example was an ecological study about Parabeetle migration patterns, lol), and - probably like many others here - spent time doodling Mario levels with pen and paper, inventing interesting new enemy variations and crafting game concepts in my free time. I'd love to do these things again now that I'm an adult!

I was also part of the Super Mario Bros. X (SMBX) community for many many years creating and playing content, and I am happy that it still goes strong over there.

SPP_MBullet.png

The Mario universe still has a place in my heart even though I haven't been much of a fan of Odyssey or the direction the games took (and let's be honest, I just spent less time gaming overall, and branched out into way different games if I did game). Due to the recent announcement of Super Mario Bros Wonder I decided to come back to the community and perhaps even be active again.

So: lali-ho and I hope I fit in!

Hello my name is "newsupermariogalaxy64"

I love Mario games and Kirby games

And I like memes and dogs,cats

My favorite Nintendo consoles are the Game Boy Color, switch, 2ds,Nes ,SNES

Btw thanks for reading!! :yoshi:

Back