The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Hi, Im new.

I love 3D platformers. Do you think SMB Wonder´s overworld map could have some "3D" sections like Mario Maker Wii U?

Hello, I have materialized out of nowhere.

I'll play any game you put in front of me that's interesting enough.

I'm an avid Mario lore enthusiast.

Greetings my fellow Mario fans, I go by the name Monk Tanaka.

I am a huge hardcore fan of Mario since 1994. I grew up playing the original Super Mario Bros. on NES and Super Mario 64 on Nintendo 64 side-by-side, and I have a specific love of Mario from the '90s and 2000s in particular, but I love everything about this series. I'm also something of an artist and writer, and I'm hoping to eventually get into video content creation soon. I've gone through many names over the years, but this current one I created is part of a fun little comedic story concept I invented involving the "Mario Monks", inspired by the Mega64 skit of the same name. I'm adopting the persona of an elderly 120 year-old monk who is dedicated to all things Mario. And yes, I specifically chose 120 to match the Power Star count of SM64. :mario:

I used to visit forums in the 2000s to get my fix of online Mario discussion (Specifically, Nintendo NSider Forums and its Mario board, and later on NSider2). I made several mischievous friends on there that I am still friends with to this day, but others have unfortunately lapsed over time. I am hoping to delve into more Mario communities like this one and abroad so I can make new friends that have a like-minded passion for Mario as a whole. During the pandemic, I started to think back on my older days, and how much I used to devote myself to Mario, and I wish to get back into the groove of things, especially since the advent of Super Mario Wonder and the Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door remakes seem to be ushering in an exciting new age of Mario!

The Internet landscape and social media has change greatly since the 2000s, and I yearn for those simpler times where I just posted on forums, but I have been attempting to put myself out there on other sites like Reddit, Twitter and the like. I'm also on the Discord servers for Super Mario Wiki and 1-Up World as well, in the off-chance I fail to keep up appearances here, but I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope my introduction on here is suitable enough to be mirrored on Discord. I'm also hoping I can be of use to the wiki in any way I can help, because I consider it to be one of the best wikis online ever! It's so well kept and aesthetically sound, and I frequently use it to read up on info I want to check up on quickly when discussing Mario games.

Beyond the scope of Mario, I'm a big ol' Nintendo fan as well, like many of you probably are. My favorite Nintendo franchises besides Mario are The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby and Pikmin. I'm also a big fan of Sonic too, especially on the classic side of things. My current multiplayer games are MOBA games like Dota 2 and League of Legends (I've been an avid MOBA player since 2012), and Splatoon 3.

I like to put a lot of effort into my posts due to my forum background and writing sensibilities, so do forgive me for being wordy, but it should be adequate enough for an introduction! 😉

Hey, I'm Metaknee!
I'm a Polish retro game enthusiast, artist and crafter, among many other side hobbies. My favorite game franchise is Kirby, but I really like Mario as well. I had a huge Mario phase in 2016-2018, before I watched Kirby Right Back at Ya and got into Kirby. Recently I've been playing through the old Mario RPGs and Mario Party games, so my interest in Mario has been reignited. During my Mario phase, my favorite characters were Waluigi and Princess Daisy. I still really like them to this day, but I've gained some new favorites lately as well, such as Wario, Geno, Booster, Lady Bow, and that adorable dice mushroom who explains the minigames in Mario Party 3 (and Advance too i think). I'm also very obsessed with Shy Guys at the moment and made a custom Shy Guy sticker to prove it.
I'm pretty lonely and have a metric ton of spare time, so feel free to talk to me!

Hey there! New to these forums! Used the wiki quite a bit before! I absolutely love the 3D Mario games and Mario Kart. Super Mario Odyssey is probably my favorite 3D. Been playing Super Mario Wonder quite a bit recently and it's been a blast! My favorite character is definitely Yoshi. Love him because of Super Mario World.
Hope to see y'all around!

Yoyo! I'm going to keep this short for the greater good.

I have been lurking on these forums for the past 15 minutes, although i've just made an account. I like all of the Mario & Luigi games.

PS: Luigi is objectively the better mario brother.:luigi:

Hi everyone, I am new to these forums. I used to browse them when I was a kid 10 years ago, but I am going to try and be active now. I have been playing Mario games for a long time, my favorite games being Super Mario World and Super Mario Galaxy. Hope to interact with some of you guys and discuss my favorite video game franchise! :luigi:

Hi hi!

I'm new to these forms! I've recently been getting into SMB thanks to the movie and playing the games for the first time. However, I've been happily consuming fan creations for a while now. I love drawing fanart and reading fanfiction.

Currently working though the Paper Mario games.

Hi hi!

I'm new to these forms! I've recently been getting into SMB thanks to the movie and playing the games for the first time. However, I've been happily consuming fan creations for a while now. I love drawing fanart and reading fanfiction.

Currently working though the Paper Mario games.

heyo! been silently stalking your comic series since the first couple pages, good shit :3 hope to see you stick around!

Hey guys! It's Lissi, and I'm here from the Pokémon forums! I'm gonna be barely active here but very active there, but I'll try to pop my head in here once in a while!

i absolutely loved paper Mario colour splash, but I sold my Wii u so no that anymore :(

I'm new here, and it feels kinda weird compared to Pokémon forums, but I'll try!

anyways yea hi guys I like talking to people and drawing and Pokémon and Mario and um yea god I'm awkward online help

Hey guys! It's Lissi, and I'm here from the Pokémon forums! I'm gonna be barely active here but very active there, but I'll try to pop my head in here once in a while!

i absolutely loved paper Mario colour splash, but I sold my Wii u so no that anymore :(

I'm new here, and it feels kinda weird compared to Pokémon forums, but I'll try!

anyways yea hi guys I like talking to people and drawing and Pokémon and Mario and um yea god I'm awkward online help
Wow hi person I have clearly never seen before in my life.

Hello everybody :)
I made my account many hours ago.
First name: Arran
Birth year: 1993
Country of birth: England
Birth country of my parents: Sri Lanka
Biological sex: Male
Skin colour: Brown
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Brown
Hobbies: Watching YouTube, making music, writing music, singing, playing on the piano, sometimes playing on the viola, sometimes playing on the Spanish guitar, playing tennis, playing chess, playing videogames, playing football (what citizens of the United States of America call soccer)
Liked Mario games: Donkey Kong arcade 1981, Donkey Kong NES, original arcade Mario Bros, Super Mario Advance on the Game Boy Advance (includes Super Mario Bros 2/Doki Doki Panic reskin, Mario Bros), Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, New Super Mario Bros, original Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros 3, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Favourite Nintendo console: Nintendo GameCube
Favourite Nintendo handheld system: Game Boy Advance
Current favourite Mario character: Donkey Kong

Hi!
Made my account weeks ago
Love Princess Peach and can do an impression of her voice. Maybe I'll become her voice actress someday. (if Samantha Kelly retires)
Want to become a voice actress.
Favorite Mario game is New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Favorite Smash game is ultimate. I'm a Peach and Rosa main.

Welcome. There's a lot of cool stuff here, forum games, art, you should check out the 'Shroom too. It's a community newspaper thingy that gets a new issue every month.

Last edited:
where are your six other siblings henchmen

Back