Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I think that it would be a bad idea for Nintendo to turn Mario Kart into Nintendo Kart. I don't really mind the crossover elements that are already in 8/8 deluxe (except the Mercedez-Benz karts*), and I don't mind other big crossover series existing/being created, but Mario Karts identity and tone is deeply rooted in the Mario Franchise.

*I don't particularly dislike Mercedez-Benz cars, I just think they don't fit in the game.

I do love Mercedes Benz cars (and SUVs!) but they feel kind of wrong in Mario Kart

there's no way world tops wonder or more modern mario platformers
BUT NUH
1702009275248.jpeg

GIUUHHHH, HOW CANUNOT LIKE MORE SOMETHING SO ICONEHC IN ME CHILDHUHD?

For me Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins is the best 2D Mario platformer I've played because the levels are a lot more consistently original than most other 2D Mario platformers.

I think it's ok for Mario Kart to have select other-franchise characters, but more than like 7 or 8 would dilute the roster

As a car enthusiast (kind of) I think it would be awesome to see other car brands in Mario Kart, like Ferrari and Porsche. Nintendo's been shoving 8 Deluxe full of tracks and characters, which is good, but what about more karts and kart parts??

You know, it's been a long fantasy of mine to get licensed cars in Mario Kart, something I thought would never happen, but here we are with the GLA, 300 SL, and Silver Arrow. Finally Mario Kart gets to have something in common with Forza! Though it's very weird that the GLA out of all things gets to be repped in Mario Kart, you'd think they'd go with like, a Nissan Fairlady or Toyota Supra or something sportier you know but I'm not complaining. Their parts are the best in the game, and I love pairing the GLA with Monster tires because of how ridiculous it looks.

there's no way world tops wonder or more modern mario platformers

World and SMB3, I'd honestly rather play the modern entries over them. I also think World's map design isn't even all that good, it's still mostly a linear track with some branching paths.

I love Baby Mario, he's an amazing character too. Yes he's shit in Yoshis Island, but he exudes chaotic energy in Mario Kart Double Dash and Partners in Time, really the spinoffs are where he and Baby Luigi shine in.

Volkswagen Beetles just have the Mushroom Kingdom Mario Kart energy but also me and Ray Trace have grown up on Beetle Adventure Racing so it would be a big nostalgia rush.

I think I have some unpopular opinions. I do not like Super Mario Odyssey, for a few reasons. I think I like Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy more than Super Mario Odyssey.

I recently played Donkey Kong Country 1 and I actually didn't enjoy it. Keep in mind, I played the SNES version with savestates (NOS) and even used a cheat code to give me 50 lives and it was still frustrating. The thing about DKC1 is that it's a little... I guess clunky? Like, the tree top level has these barrels that make me land into Gwanties or the stupid minecart levels where the cart goes pretty slow and the Krashes are hard to see. I don't think this game is overrated because I understand why it's a popular game, but it's one of those games where you hear all the hype about it and it just disappoints you. I mean, I guess I'm not the only one with this opinion but you don't hear people talking about the game that much.

I recently played Donkey Kong Country 1 and I actually didn't enjoy it. Keep in mind, I played the SNES version with savestates (NOS) and even used a cheat code to give me 50 lives and it was still frustrating. The thing about DKC1 is that it's a little... I guess clunky? Like, the tree top level has these barrels that make me land into Gwanties or the stupid minecart levels where the cart goes pretty slow and the Krashes are hard to see. I don't think this game is overrated because I understand why it's a popular game, but it's one of those games where you hear all the hype about it and it just disappoints you. I mean, I guess I'm not the only one with this opinion but you don't hear people talking about the game that much.

DKC1 is one of those games I really try to like, but I always end up thinking meh... when playing it. The visuals are truly gorgeous, the music and sound effects are top-notch, but the gameplay, unfortunately, just kind of disappoints me. It seems like most Rare games are like that. Visuals 10/10, audio 10/10, gameplay 5/10.

Adding on to this, I recently played Diddy's Kong Quest and I happened to enjoy the game much more. It's usual that an agreement that this game is actually good but it adds to my belief why DKC1 is a bad game. Simply put, DCK2 has much better level design. Using your partner to collect things feels really good. Also, the characters have much smaller than Donkey so your hitbox is much smaller.

Ah, that is an interesting opinion. I personally like the wing cap but I can see why some people do not like the wing cap. Why do you not like the wing cap? Also, I wish everybody here a happy weekend :) . Actually...it has got me thinking...Mario looks like Asterix when he has his wing cap, lol!
There are some similarities between Mario and Asterix now that I think about it, both being short mustachioed heroes with a large nose that use power-ups that give them super strength.

I'm convinced the guy's a long lost ancestor of Mario of some sort

Not really an unpopular opinion but the wing cap from Mario 64 is AWFUL
If it's not unpopular then post it here:

Back