Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Unpopular opinion alert.

I think Yoshi's Island is easily the worst Nintendo platforming series, and yes, even including the SNES Yoshi's Island, I've grown to hate that game (and I actually prefer New Island over it :C)
I like both, New Island is a pretty good game. I feel it got a lot of undeserved hate, nice to see someone who likes it too.

Unpopular opinion alert.

I think Yoshi's Island is easily the worst Nintendo platforming series, and yes, even including the SNES Yoshi's Island, I've grown to hate that game (and I actually prefer New Island over it :C)
Hey, didn't Arlo do a video on this one? :P

Actually, outside of this wiki, I feel like I can count on one hand the number of times I've even seen Yoshi's Island discussed as a series. Like, people will very often speak of the Donkey Kong Country series or the F-Zero series or the Star Fox series or what have you, but then only offhandedly mention one Yoshi game at a time (and often derisively). Makes me wonder if this opinion is more common than it seems. If a series starring Yoshi has failed to hook most anyone, that seems like a bad sign…

To be honest the only time I've seen Yoshi's Island brought up as a series is just part of a broader discussion of how that series revels in mediocrity.

Back