Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mcmadness said:
I don't know how anyone could rank these when they are all bad.
I'd simply call them all mediocre...except Rio. Rio's outright bad.

Sochi takes place in Russia and it's the only reason I'd play the game.

I've never played Sochi (no Wii U) but I'd love to if only to do couples figure skating with Luigi and Daisy (muh ship) or Yoshi and Daisy (my dynamic duo since Double Dash). If Birdo was playable I'd do her and Yoshi, too (muh other ship).

J — Pony Disguise said:
I've never played Sochi (no Wii U) but I'd love to if only to do couples figure skating with Luigi and Daisy (muh ship) or Yoshi and Daisy (my dynamic duo since Double Dash). If Birdo was playable I'd do her and Yoshi, too (muh other ship).
Please, Yoshi x Birdo sucks.

Them's fightin' words.

I'm less threatening than a Goomba, but I will fight for muh ship. I'm like that crumpled Boo from the Enigmansion, except with negative defense to add insult to injury.

Yoshi x Birdo is still better than Luigi x Daisy

Oh boy, honestly if we got into shipping opinions I think almost everything would count for the topic of this thread, but especially mine since I'm not a huge fan of any of the most-commonly-accepted ones (or as i like to call em, normie ships) :shifty:

The only ships I care about are the ones that go across the water.

Sonic games are, in general, better than Mario ones.

Except the Galaxy games and Odyssey. Those cannot be beaten in the realm of 3D platformers by anything other than themselves.

There are unpopular opinions. And then there is being wrong.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
64, Sunshine, and 3D World are better than both Odyssey and Galaxy 1 (but not Galaxy 2).
Mcmadness said:
^This

You are wrong because I hate Galaxy 2 and my seniority in this forum trumps any filthy lowlife and incorrect opinion that only an absurdly incorrect Yoshi fan can come up with.

*drops mic, hits own shoe in the process*

Saying 3D World is good is fine (but wrong), it's just saying that it's better then Odyssey is a sin.

In fact saying that any 3D Mario game, except for maybe Galaxy, is better then Odyssey is just wrong.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
64, Sunshine, and 3D World are better than both Odyssey and Galaxy 1 (but not Galaxy 2).
Mcmadness said:
^This

You are wrong because I hate Galaxy 2 and my seniority in this forum trumps any filthy lowlife and incorrect opinion that only an absurdly incorrect Yoshi fan can come up with.

*drops mic, hits own shoe in the process*
You only hate Galaxy 2 because you played Galaxy 1 first, and because it has Yoshi in it with a major role. Don't deny it.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Saying 3D World is good is fine (but wrong), it's just saying that it's better then Odyssey is a sin.

In fact saying that any 3D Mario game, except for maybe Galaxy, is better then Odyssey is just wrong.
Galaxy 2 > Sunshine > 64 (DS) > 3D World > Odyssey > Galaxy 1 > 3D Land

Does that mean I just committed four serious, unforgivable sins?

lol yoshi doesn't even remotely play a "major role" in galaxy 2. it's like claiming squitter the spider is a major character in that one donkey kong country game. he's like only in 20% of the game, but they had to prop yoshi as the game's selling point because it did little else to stand on its own.

also 3d world is my favorite 3d mario game, next to super mario 64 ds. 3d world is the only 3d mario game where i don't have touch mario at all.

Galaxy 1 was first, and that's a big advantage, it had the benefit of being novel at the time. Galaxy 2 sucks not only for Yoshi (and Yoshi has far from a major role; he's a gimmick in that game with a terrible voice, but he's not a super big reason I hate Galaxy 2), but for also being a major rehash of the first game that punches you in the teeth with ideas ripped off straight from the first game and retaining several flaws while also not building on potential the first game had. The first game also had more of an "atmosphere", if you can call it that, as it feels more "spacey" overall than Galaxy 2, which looks more set in the sky (despite having some space levels). Both Galaxies had potential to be expanded on, and Galaxy 1 has the flaws of being railroads, also for being an unfocused mess in some parts (cough, powerups, half-baked level ideas), and setpiece traveling on a lot of small, disjointed, and boring planetoids, and Galaxy 2 had the perfect opportunity to give us more of this "MARIO IS IN SPACE!!", but they went with more levels set in sky voids, a lot of recycled shit, and a lot of 2.5d levels and an inferior soundtrack. Co-Star Luma was neat, though. I do recall Galaxy 2 had one improvement, according to a video that criticized both games, but I think I forgot at this point, maybe it had a little more focus on what level structure they want, but still completely lost it overall IMO, in favor of making more money.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Galaxy 2 > Sunshine > 64 (DS) > 3D World > Odyssey > Galaxy 1 > 3D Land

Does that mean I just committed four serious, unforgivable sins?
You committed two because Galaxy 2 and Sunshine are strictly at the bottom of my list, and Sunshine would be in the bottom if I had to rate my list on gameplay/technical issues and ignoring personal enjoyment.

Odyssey > 64(DS) > 3D World > Galaxy > 3D Land > Sunshine > Galaxy 2

The only thing Galaxy 2 has over 1 is the Co-Star Luma.

Nothing else.

Even the jingles when you get the stars I like way better in the first one.

galaxy 2 feels like diet galaxy tbh

a furry said:
The only thing Galaxy 2 has over 1 is the Co-Star Luma.

Nothing else.

Even the jingles when you get the stars I like way better in the first one.
Oh yeah, the star get jingle in Galaxy 2, I remember for being such a disappointing step down from the first one.

Again, Co-Star Luma is neat, but Cappy is ever better.

Back