Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

winstein said:
What would happen if 250cc becomes the fastest speed? Then 250cc should be the standard as a result?

Thank you for reading.
Depends if race tracks can accommodate the speed, but yes, that should be standard too if they can retain it being still fun.

Team Kirby said:
For me, 100cc is the standard. I just don't like crashing into walls.
Probably have to improve your technique because if you handle right, you wouldn't be crashing into walls.

I know beanstalks are supposed to reward exploration, but I was never a fan of beanstalks because they seem to implement them at the worst and least likely spots.

It's a huge pain in the ass to explore in Mario platformers because of that timer running up and down your ass constantly that never really adds anything to the game.

Also, dying due to time running out makes no sense unless the timer is accompanied by an advancing wall/ceiling/floor/smog of doom, or a nuke, or something that guarantees death. Screw that noise. The 3D Land levels with the ridiculously shortened timers for fake difficulty were just obnoxious.

I didn't have a problem with shortened timers actually. But what would be great is if they implemented a timer like Rayman Legends where three Toads are strapped to rockets and every time you hit a threshold, one Toad will go. If all three Toads, it won't be defeat, but you won't get any rewards whatsoever. That'll be restricted to the speed run levels, though.

The Galaxy games are better than Odyssey.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is not trash.
Mario 3D World should've been ported before Captain Toad and NSMBU.
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels is not trash.
Mario 64 is the most overrated game in the series.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is not trash.
Arcade GP is better than most other Mario Kart games.
Mario is Missing is not trash.
I'd rather have car mechanics than no Mario Party.
Mario Teaches Typing is not trash.

I think Galaxy 2 is better than Odyssey, but Odyssey is better than Galaxy 1.

Yeah, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is alright.

Nah, I'm glad that they made ports for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and New Super Mario Bros. U. I wouldn't really care if they never made a Super Mario 3D World port.

Yes, I definitely agree that Super Mario 64 is very overrated. It's my least favorite 3D Mario game.

No, the Mario & Sonic games are trash and they should really stop making them.

Never played Mario Kart Arcade GP, so IDK how good it is. I really want to play Arcade GP DX because it has Baby Peach playable. <3

Never played Mario is Missing.

Yeah, I don't hate Mario Party 9 and 10's gameplay like the rest of the world does.

Never played Mario Teaches Typing.

SuperDoom said:
The Galaxy games are better than Odyssey. Yes, they are.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is not trash. This is true.

Mario 3D World should've been ported before Captain Toad and NSMBU. Well, at this point it's clearly not getting ported at all, so Wii U still gets to keep its most well-known game for now.

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels is not trash. This is true.

Mario 64 is the most overrated game in the series. The original may not have aged too well, but the DS remake is still fantastic.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is not trash. Not trash, but the most mediocre Mario spinoff series of the 21st century.

Arcade GP is better than most other Mario Kart games. Haven't played Arcade GP, unfortunately.

Mario is Missing is not trash. Haven't played this either, but I'm not sure I want to.

I'd rather have car mechanics than no Mario Party. Me too, glad I'm not alone.

Mario Teaches Typing is not trash. See two lines above.

SuperDoom said:
The Galaxy games are better than Odyssey. Wrong
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is not trash. Wrong
Mario 3D World should've been ported before Captain Toad and NSMBU. Wrong, not before Captain Toad
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels is not trash. Wrong
Mario 64 is the most overrated game in the series. Wrong; Galaxy 2 is more overrated
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is not trash. Eh
Arcade GP is better than most other Mario Kart games. Wrong
Mario is Missing is not trash. Wrong
I'd rather have car mechanics than no Mario Party. Correct
Mario Teaches Typing is not trash. Wrong
No validation from me. >:D

I've never really understood why people hate Starlow. So please, everyone tell me why you hate her and you might be able to convince me/make me see the truth.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
It's your fault for playing Sticker Star in the first place.

Sticker Star has a nostalgia factor for me. I got it when I was 7 or 8 and I liked it, not knowing what the Old Paper Mario was like.

Marchionne Evangelisti said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
Color Splash was great so I'm sure Sticker Star will be just fine when I play it.

oh no I just started a hate mob

No, I actually agree with you.
Well, I'm specifically referring to the many Paper Mario fans that absolutely despise Sticker Star. But what would I know, having only played Color Splash and a bit of Mario RPG?

Colour Splash is the most fun I've had with a PM game in years.

It's not as good as the first 2 but it's leagues about the trash of SPM and the mediocrity of SS.

The last few PMs are overhated on if y'ask me, but I can see where the SS hate comes from.

Color Splash though... I can genuinely see myself playing that and having an amazing time.

Back