Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Like don't get me wrong, Galaxy 2 had some pretty neat levels... but a lot of clone ones.

And after playing the firt game you just don't see what is so impressive. I guess I also like the Comet medal system, but it evens out with the fact that now you actually have to bother collecting them.

I mean yeah Cappy is better than Co-Star Luma, but Cappy is the main gimmick, Co-Star is a Co-op mode.

there are aspects galaxy 2 i liked better...

800px-World5smg2.png

look at the skybox!!! it's so beautiful! (and no, this is not an ironic post, i actually do love the world skyboxes from galaxy 2)

also this world doesn't even feature yoshi at all, adding major plus points to it

The Starship Mario is ugly, and no, it's not a symbol of Mario's endless vanity because Mario didn't design the damn thing and he even looked embarrassed at it when he saw it iirc.

Like even if they had invented some sort of stupid plot device to transport us to the Comet Observatory I'd take it gladly.

clarification: 3d world is the only 3d mario game where i don't have to use mario at all. other 3d mario games with other playable characters i have to be him in order to play as better characters (like toad or luigi)

Clarification: touching da Mario as pictured below gave her recurring nightmares so she is happy it doesn't appear in 3D World at all

Mario%27sFace_SuperMarioKun.jpg

oh please you really think a fucking disembodied mario head can cause nightmares

it's not scary

it's just stupid

(response to giant floating mario head)

(ngl kaos is a legit funny villain in skylanders)

Flying Mario head was a mistake.

I dunno how unpopular it actually is as an opinion (mostly because the material is so obscure) but I think Ashley's teenager rocker look in Crazy Galaxy is her definitive design and should become her default look

They could make her look like a hip hop star and she'd still look shit.

In fact while I'm at it, that crazy galaxy stuff is also shit.

Mcmadness said:
They could make her look like a hip hop star and she'd still look *bleep*.

In fact while I'm at it, that crazy galaxy stuff is also *bleep*.

Pr_MdWario_StampOut_Septile_0.png

In Mario games where you can choose from multiple characters, like Mario USA, 64 DS, 3D World, and Run, Mario really is the best character to choose, for the simple reason that he's the most balanced guy with no gimmicks.

This is coming from someone who has "Yoshi" in his username and still mains Mario over Yoshi in 64 DS and Run.

Yeah well, you're talking to a guy who generally prefers to ditch yoshi in super mario world for Mario's better maneuverability.

Baby Luigi said:

Outside is just the place she deserves to be.

Mcmadness said:
Yeah well, you're talking to a guy who generally prefers to ditch yoshi in super mario world for Mario's better maneuverability.
How is Mario more maneuverable? How is he more easy to navigate around places than Yoshi? I haven't noticed the difference and I've played Super Mario Advance 2 recently. Is it because he's easier to run with, compared to Yoshi has to stick out its tongue whenever you run + jump with Yoshi?

Mcmadness said:
Outside is just the place she deserves to be.
Well, if I shared your very low opinion of Ashely, I'd say she's more apt to live in some decrypt mansion that's likely to have debris and cockroaches falling on her. >;P

Back