Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Princess Mario said:
and I want Link to have a role like this too; his Skyward Sword depiction seems like Link is ready for speaking roles too
Ehhhh, I dunno if I like his Skyward Sword depiction much. Too goofy. For Link, I'd stick with non-speaking roles, personally.

I don't want Mario to talk. At least not full big huge sentences. I like short sentences with an emphasis on character movement and expression.

Mario vs Donkey Kong for example.

Even if the extent is Mario vs Donkey Kong, I still consider it an improvement over the current situation. My goal is to have him fully talking but I can settle for less. Just anything so I can hear his beautiful voice more.

But speech bubbles are good for me. Mario's not voiced in Fortune Street, it's just speech bubbles. But Mario is entitled to speech bubbles.

Czario said:
Princess Mario said:
and I want Link to have a role like this too; his Skyward Sword depiction seems like Link is ready for speaking roles too
Ehhhh, I dunno if I like his Skyward Sword depiction much. Too goofy. For Link, I'd stick with non-speaking roles, personally.

Honestly I love goofy Link almost more than Lucario. He needs to goof up more.

Lucario said:
Czario said:
Princess Mario said:

Honestly I love goofy Link almost more than Lucario. He needs to goof up more.
I prefer more serious and quiet Links like BOTW Link.

ルイージ said:
Bowsette doesn't appeal to me. At all.
I think both people who like Bowsette and people who dislike Bowsette have made it a way bigger deal than it should have been (as is common on the internet). On one hand, there have been way too many pieces of fanart (especially R34 ones), but on the other hand, I don't understand how the whole thing bothers people so much.

my preferred way to dealing with bowsette is ranting how stupid it is to my friends in pm's and dm's and irl

Czario said:
I think both people who like Bowsette and people who dislike Bowsette have made it a way bigger deal than it should have been (as is common on the internet). On one hand, there have been way too many pieces of fanart (especially R34 ones), but on the other hand, I don't understand how the whole thing bothers people so much.

There are occasional pieces of Bowsette (and Super Crown in general) fanart that I've liked - I don't dislike all of them - but I'm inherently a little weirded out by the Super Crown as it is, so with people deciding to make what is essentially Bowser dressed up as Peach into waifu tier, it puts me off entirely.

It was strange enough when Super Mario 64 DS showed that the Mario characters could take on each other's appearances simply by wearing the other's hat.

i thought the initial gag comic was okay but i really stopped giving a shit about super crown fanart in general, doesn't matter what they do with the concept, it's already become tired and old.

It's just meme characters.

They quickly become irrelevant.

But you can critique this trend as part of a bigger problem of tropes in media, and that's a serious discussion right there, and those who say "why take it so seriously" seem to be missing the point, the bigger picture.

See, that's the thing. I don't mind it if it's as a joke. I can accept memes, I'm not humorless. (And some things are cute, too.) I'm not even really against R-34 stuff in general, either. I'm pretty easygoing when it comes this sort of thing.

It's just quite clearly not my thing, and yet it's everywhere, so my thing or not I'm going to stumble across it when I'm looking for something else. I already have several times.

Well, you can just ignore it. Don't let it ruin you.

So, uh, just hang tight and use this to clean your eyes every now and then.

it_s_ok_by_mustache_broz1-d5x5h8s.png

If it helps, you will find that the people in these boards are generally not into the "Bowsette" trend even though it has some presence in the fan art thread, so I suppose you're safe here from the temporary (hopefully) "Bowsette" invasion.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Added a couple of missing words.

Ghostly Yoshi said:
ルイージ said:
Bowsette doesn't appeal to me. At all.
The whole Bowsette thing is really annoying. It's driving me crazy.

And at this point, I think the only reason why the epidemic is still alive is because people just want to draw a Princess Peach wannabe that's too mature for young kids to be looking at.

I don't see how Bowsette not being appealing is an unpopular opinion, at least as far as this forum goes.

Lucario said:
I don't see how Bowsette not being appealing is an unpopular opinion, at least as far as this forum goes.

Maybe not as far as this forum, but Bowsette is definitely a mainstream thing. Like, it's everywhere.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Everyone is overreacting over this whole Bowsette situation, it's honestly not that bad.

Por que? I merely said that I don't find it appealing, and then we got into a discussion about it. I don't really see how I'm overreacting.

I've been more aggressive talking about Starlow than this. ;P

Since this has been overflowing with Bowsette stuff, I'll go on and state another unpopular opinion: While I understand that Partners in Time has its flaws, it's still a great game to me and I love it to pieces. I admit it's partly due to nostalgia, since it's the first Mario & Luigi RPG I ever played, and it was also a game I borrowed from my cousin in order to help him beat it and that has sentimental value to me because of that, but I still think it's a bit overblown when people say it's not very good.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is ©The Best RPG Ever Made™® and you can't convince me otherwise.

I honestly think the whole thing is rubbish and when people use it as an excuse to make the Mario universe into, like, some whacked up harem, it makes me feel mighty uncomfortable. That being said, I do expect it to die and become irrelevant like other annoying memes.

I just found the whole thing hilarious.
It's starting to crossover into annoying when I was try to search the Bowser tag on Tumblr or Japanese Twitter, but there wasn't much going on in either at the time anyway.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Everyone is overreacting over this whole Bowsette situation, it's honestly not that bad.
Maybe not now but it was trending in Japan when it first happened.

ルイージ said:
Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Por que? I merely said that I don't find it appealing, and then we got into a discussion about it. I don't really see how I'm overreacting.
I think he's mainly talking about people in general, not you. It only seems like he's addressing you because you brought up the subject. Same with my post earlier.

Back