Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Talk

Lol, garbage on Baby Park. That's what makes it one of the best courses in the series

Baby Luigi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
It is but I think Mario Kart 7 is way better but it needs only N64, GCN, DS, Wii, and SNES Rainbow Road in it and it will be twice as better. Mario Kart: Double Dash needed some more harder courses but overall my 2nd favorite MK game.

I thought Rainbow Road was a tough course, especially putting those slippery controls in mind.

Rainbow Road is not quite as hard once you've figured out how to drift properly. Of course, it would be wise to refrain from doing mini-turbos while doing the first set of u-turns.

Ah, Baby Park and the giant Bowser Shells.
Boy does that bring back memories. My friend and I used to play this all the time when we were really young...

Whenever I use Bowser Shells, I typically throw them backwards, since they're often less dangerous that way.

I always toss my bananas forward for no reason

Baby Luigi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
It is but I think Mario Kart 7 is way better but it needs only N64, GCN, DS, Wii, and SNES Rainbow Road in it and it will be twice as better. Mario Kart: Double Dash needed some more harder courses but overall my 2nd favorite MK game.

I thought Rainbow Road was a tough course, especially putting those slippery controls in mind.

To be honest, I always found the Rainbow Road from Double Dash!! to be the hardest in the series. Those sharp turns and curves were rather difficult to pass especially considering the slippery movement of the karts.

I guess it was the handling of the karts that made this game feel a bit more difficult to the other installments. MKDS and MKWii have less of that "slippery" feeling and as a result the Rainbow Road courses feel a lot more easier.

Ah, Baby Park and the giant Bowser Shells.
Boy does that bring back memories. My friend and I used to play this all the time when we were really young...

Let's not forget those triple and spiky shells. I also find the Giant Bananas to be extremely inconvenient as the CPUs always seem to place one right on the route I was about to take. :mad:

Baby Luigi said:
I also do that. Most of the time I end up driving straight on it immediately after having thrown it, and I never, ever learn from my mistake.

I usually do the same thing with Green Shells, and they sometimes also bump back on me, making me raeg.

Anyway. I always pick the Baby Mario Bros., because they are awesome. A thing that isn't awesome is that my disc doesn't work, as it has way too many scratches, which sucks, doesn't it?

Most of my Green Shells hit me in MK64, they are slower than the racer!

Once in Mushroom City I had a Spiny Shell and a Chain Chomp with me and I was behind everyone, I used the Spiny Shell and then the Chain Chomp, the Chain Chomp came crashing into the Spiny Shell explosion and all the racers were in the explosion! The only one that made it was the Chain Chomp. SOmetimes it is fun to watch replays of the track, I watched the replay for that one and it looks like the Chain chomp was born from the explosion since he couldn't be seen behind it.

I am returning my copy of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour to Gamestop today. I plan on buying Double Dash since I have a good controller now.

Kazooie said:
Baby Luigi said:
I also do that. Most of the time I end up driving straight on it immediately after having thrown it, and I never, ever learn from my mistake.

I usually do the same thing with Green Shells, and they sometimes also bump back on me, making me raeg.

Anyway. I always pick the Baby Mario Bros., because they are awesome. A thing that isn't awesome is that my disc doesn't work, as it has way too many scratches, which sucks, doesn't it?
I always throw them ahead too

Wow, I'm shocked that I'm not the only one who always throws bananas ahead of me in Mario Kart Double Dash, even if I was first

I don't really throw bananas forward in any Mario Kart title. I guess I just see them as being mostly defensive items.

MnSG said:
I don't really throw bananas forward in any Mario Kart title. I guess I just see them as being mostly defensive items.

Well, that's the answer I was expecting. Noncrazy people unlike us place bananas

I actually never realized you could hold items behind your kart until I started playing MK7. I usually use them as defensive items now.

In Double Dash, I throw bananas ahead if someone is ahead of me, while I throw them backward if everyone is behind me.

Mariomario64 said:
I actually never realized you could hold items behind your kart until I started playing MK7. I usually use them as defensive items now.

The funny thing is, Double Dash (with the exception of Mario Kart DS online) is the only Mario Kart game where you can't drag your item

Baby Luigi said:
Mariomario64 said:

The funny thing is, Double Dash (with the exception of Mario Kart DS online) is the only Mario Kart game where you can't drag your item

I don't think you can drag items in Super Mario Kart either.

Mariomario64 said:
Wait, is it possible to drag items in MKW?

Yes it is.

Back