Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Talk

Luigi and Mario on the Mario Kart for the win. and I like Baby Park, it's fun for some reason.

Gengar said:
Luigi and Mario on the Mario Kart for the win. and I like Baby Park, it's fun for some reason.
Because Baby Park has shells and whatnot all over the place, making it all hectic?

Yoshi8984 said:
Gengar said:
Because Baby Park has shells and whatnot all over the place, making it all hectic?

Not only that, but it belongs to the one and only Baby Mario Bros.

Anyway, this picture is awesome

BabyManandUglyBoy.png

What does Bowser look like in the Goo Goo Buggy (the Stroller kart)? Also did u steal the Big Banana or get it from the item box?

WinterYoshi99 said:
What does Bowser look like in the Goo Goo Buggy (the Stroller kart)? Also did u steal the Big Banana or get it from the item box?

I haven't seen it yet, but Mario looks weird in the Toad kart. He's floating ABOVE the steering wheel.

I got the Giant Banana from the item box.

I always thought when you beat the game u can use any kart from any class but I was wrong, you have to hack the game. Anyways really awesome.

I also used a code to stop the CPU because my driving skills are horrendous in an emulator

I remember the double boxes and special items...
I really want Wario Colleseum to come back, that was fun.

Honestly, I really was never a fan of Wario Colosseum. I even thought 2 laps was a little two short, especially since longer, 3 lap tracks exist in the series and I had no problem with that

Baby Luigi said:
Honestly, I really was never a fan of Wario Colosseum. I even thought 2 laps was a little two short, especially since longer, 3 lap tracks exist in the series and I had no problem with that

It takes close to 1:10 to finish a lap at Rainbow Road in the 150cc. It's around 1:20 for 150cc Wario Colosseum, which is why Wario Colosseum is a 2-lap track.

Oddly, all Super Mario Kart tracks are 5 laps long, and yet they're reduced to 3 laps in the retro GPs.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

It takes close to 1:10 to finish a lap at Rainbow Road in the 150cc. It's around 1:20 for 150cc Wario Colosseum, which is why Wario Colosseum is a 2-lap track.

And yet, Rainbow Road and Wario Stadium, both from Mario Kart 64, are WAY longer than Wario Colosseum and they have three laps.

I love everything about it but my favorite part is included the title. (Mario Kart: Double Dash). I love the ability to double kart and be able to choose whatever you want to be together, there are at least 40 options!

Forty options? Dude. If there are 20 characters (estimating) then there are nearly 4000 options.

YoshiMonsta said:
Forty options? Dude. If there are 20 characters (estimating) then there are nearly 4000 options.

There are 20 characters in this game, actually.

The number of combos would be like this: 20!

And that's not including the karts

It would probably be 20! because they are combinations. Or it would be like this

20!
------
(20-2)!2!

Since it's 2 per kart.

No. The original amount of options is 20. After that there are 19 characters left. 20x19.

Jee, I suck at math

All Cup Tour feels like.....All Cup Tour to me

GLaDOS said:

I said at leat forty because I don't like math and don't like estimating.

Let's solve this math problem once and for all.

Since not every racer can play on every kart, we'll divide the numbers into sections. The Parade Kart, which can hold any racer no matter what class, will be a separate section as well.

First, characters on light karts, which can only be light characters.
There are 8 light characters and 8 light karts:
8 x 7 x 8 = 448
So there are 448 possible light kart combos.

Second, characters on medium karts, which can be either medium or one light and one medium character pairs.
There are 7 medium characters and 7 medium karts:
7 x 6 x 7 = 294
However, we also need to take into consideration the one light and one medium pairs:
8 x 7 x 7 = 392
Then we add the results:
294 + 392 = 686
So there are 686 possible medium kart combos.

Third, characters on heavy karts, which can be either heavy, one medium and one heavy, or one light and one heavy character pairs.
There are 5 heavy characters and 5 heavy karts:
5 x 4 x 5 = 100
Then the medium and heavy pairs:
7 x 5 x 5 = 175
Lastly, the light and heavy pairs:
8 x 5 x 5 = 200
Add them up:
100 + 175 + 200 = 475
So there are 475 possible heavy kart combos.

Fourth and finally, characters on the Parade Kart, which can be any combination of characters.
There are 20 total characters and 1 Parade Kart:
20 x 19 x 1 = 380
So there are 380 possible Parade Kart combos.

Now, for the grand total:
448 + 686 + 475 + 380 = 1989

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT.
There are 1989 possible combinations of characters and karts in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

That's the power of Pine-Sol mathematics, baby.

small edit: Made a few typos, not in the math though.

Baby Luigi said:
And yet, Rainbow Road and Wario Stadium, both from Mario Kart 64, are WAY longer than Wario Colosseum and they have three laps.

You think that's odd, in Mario Kart 7, Wuhu Loop, Maka Wuhu, and Rainbow Road, are both 1 lap tracks with three sections. And Rainbow Road takes at least 2 minutes to finish a full lap, just like the N64 counterpart.

I remember doing the N64 Rainbow Road. It was so long, sometimes when I get to my final lap I stop driving thinking the race is over but I still need to do the final lap. The course is still fun

Back