Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Talk

Do you realize that at the end of the game you can ride on every kart?

GLaDOS said:

No you can't, only on your weight class + Parade Kart.

I thought the two drivers in DD was totally pointless, but I didn't really mind that. What I did mind were the character exclusive items. They were super unbalanced, Chain chomp and gold shroom beat fireball and mega banana big time. I'm so glad they got rid of that in later MK's.

WinterYoshi99 said:
GLaDOS said:

LAIR!

What about lairs? Do you have one? I like Mermaidman's Lair.

Also, epic math, MM64.

Mijzelffan said:
I thought the two drivers in DD was totally pointless, but I didn't really mind that. What I did mind were the character exclusive items. They were super unbalanced, Chain chomp and gold shroom beat fireball and mega banana big time. I'm so glad they got rid of that in later MK's.

Actually, no, the Chain Chomp and Gold Mushroom did not beat the Fireballs and Giant Bananas. The Chain Chomp and Gold Mushroom balance it out when you can only obtain them at lower positions, whereas the Giant Banana and Fireball can get in any position, plus they are more common (you can't have more than one Chain Chomp on the playing field). Plus, the Chain Chomp gets a major vulnerability in the form of Fake Item Boxes that the Chain Chomp goes through, but not you, often resulting in getting hit. It's also REALLY easy to avoid the Chain Chomp and counterattack it via Red Shell or any homing device. The Golden Mushroom leaves you even more vulnerable than the Chain Chomp.

Actually you can never have 2 specials at the same time UNLESS you have Daisy/Peach and another partner(Daisy/Peach can activate their heart, then their partner gets a special and then they pick up something like a Bowser Shell or Giant Banana) OR you already have a special, but you steal a special from someone else(like by powersliding in co-op or pick up a star and run into someone).

Chain Chomp isn't that broken since you're still vulnerable and might get loose at the wrong time(like a really sharp turn otherwise you fall into a pit or something like that) and gold mushroom is pretty hard to steer properly with :p Plus you only get them in positions where you're like 5th and below(though on occasion I've gotten them in 3rd place XD) Giant Bananas are actually great items defensively and are great to place small areas(like the road on mushroom city or the bridge on DK Mountain). As for fireballs, eh, they're not that great :p

I liked the concept of having 2 drivers as well as the concept of special items, made it more interesting.

Fireballs are pretty good items, still. The ability to spin your guys out of control aka spin them so they fly off a cliff and the ability to hit multiple people at once helped my sister so many times.

They aren't, but neither are Fake Item Boxes

Mijzelffan said:
It wasn't pointless it was one of the best parts of the game

The two on one idea was a neat element, but the special items pretty much made the game less balanced.

I haven't played this in awhile, but it is very special for me. It was the first Mario game, or first video game for that matter that I ever played.

This game was the SOLE reason I like Baby Luigi in the first place.

Otherwise, I just wouldn't care about him.

I use Baby Luigi for all purposes in this game

Due to school, I haven't played this since Christmas break. I really need to start playing it again. Well, I mean, I just got a new Pokemon game and have MK7 too, so sometimes it's tempting to play Pokemon instead. XP

Back