Kirby's returning to dreamland

Gamefreak75 said:
I got the game earlier today and stopped near the end of World 3.

Just like Kirby 64, the game requires you to use specific abilities to get certain Energy Spheres (basically the game's "Crystal Shards"). The new abilties are also great, I especially like Water.

The game has also recieved positive scores, it's average being an 86%; IGN gave it the lowest score of 7 while Destructoid gave it the highest score of 10.

But in all, I recommend you get this game.

Too bad that I'll be sitting out until Christmas. Due to my current age, Christmas presents are hard to think up now.

Gamefreak75 said:
I got the game earlier today and stopped near the end of World 3.

Just like Kirby 64, the game requires you to use specific abilities to get certain Energy Spheres (basically the game's "Crystal Shards"). The new abilties are also great, I especially like Water.

The game has also recieved positive scores, it's average being an 86%; IGN gave it the lowest score of 7 while Destructoid gave it the highest score of 10.

But in all, I recommend you get this game.

So, how easy is it so far to get the Energy Spheres? I hope it's not to easy, as that would probably make it over realy quickly.

The only thing I can do at this moment, is asking my American colleague, but she finds it fun, but easy at this moment (she just finished World 2).

Master Koopakid said:
Is it fun and hard?
Given that this is Kirby we're talking about, it's naturally going to be fun. As for hard... well, that depends on your definition of "hard".

Ok, so I beat the main game and all, but I skipped a lot of the Energy Spheres (I have a little more than half of them) because I was eager to see the worlds and levels. I'm glad this game has diversity in the worlds.

Also on the difficulty, it does get somewhat difficult, especially after World 4. Some of the Energy Spheres are also a pain in the ass to get, especially those that need a specific ability/power-up or quick timing.

I found the World 4 and World 6 boss pretty difficult as well. The final boss is a whole other story, as in he's more difficult to beat than the other two.

It was a shame that: (MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS)
the final boss didn't turn out to be Dark Matter, but rather, it turned out to be the guy that you were helping all along: Magolor. However, his second phase of the fight has some references to our good friend DM, such as his body being a big black blob with a bloodshot eye as his "true form". The music is also prertty great.

There's also an extra mode which is unlocked after beating the Main Game. What lies behind it is yet to be seen by myself.

And as far as I see, the reviewers saying that the game takes "6 hours" to beat are full of crap, unless they whizzed past all the levels skipping every single Energy Sphere.

Gamefreak75 said:
Also on the difficulty, it does get somewhat difficult, especially after World 4. Some of the Energy Spheres are also a pain in the @#!*% to get, especially those that need a specific ability/power-up or quick timing.

I found the World 4 and World 6 boss pretty difficult as well. The final boss is a whole other story, as in he's more difficult to beat than the other two.

Its good to know that this won't be easy. Kirby: Squeak Squad took me about 5 hours, and that's with all treasure chests.

Gamefreak75 said:
It was a shame that: (MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS)
the final boss didn't turn out to be Dark Matter, but rather, it turned out to be the guy that you were helping all along: Magolor. However, his second phase of the fight has some references to our good friend DM, such as his body being a big black blob with a bloodshot eye as his "true form". The music is also prertty great.[/youtube]

Yeah, that is a shame.
I really didn't want him to turn on you... but I wonder what happens when you get all the Energy Sphere...

Gamefreak75 said:

Ok, I wonder what that will be.

Now I really want this game. Still gonna wait till Christmas though.

My sister and I got the game. Currently, we are in Onion Ocean with collecting all Energy Spheres in every level prior to the boss one. I really love the Super Abilities, they all look awesome looking and my favorite ability is Spear Ability.

PokemonMaster said:
ITS OUT? *Immediately runs to EB Games.*

AKA: GameStop

Anyway, like I said before, I need to keep my Christmas list occupied in some way, so I won't be buying this game any time soon.

So I started Extra Mode yesterday and now I just passed World 6.

If you don't think the game is challenging in the main mode, wait till you play Extra Mode. <_>

I thought the World 6 boss couldn't get any tougher, but oh man was I wrong. Also, you'll be seeing a familiar boss during a specific boss fight.

After uploading some of the new Kirby video's, I've realized something:
This game has minigames.

Gamefreak75 said:
So I started Extra Mode yesterday and now I just passed World 6.

If you don't think the game is challenging in the main mode, wait till you play Extra Mode. <_>

I thought the World 6 boss couldn't get any tougher, but oh man was I wrong. Also, you'll be seeing a familiar boss during a specific boss fight.

Ok, good to know I won't finish it in a day. :)

YamiHoshi.nl said:
After uploading some of the new Kirby video's, I've realized something:
This game has minigames.
Yeah, I saw the first one, but the second looks pretty fun.

I just got the game, and my sister and I just beat Level 1

The Copy Abilities are really cool. Kinda dumb that Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, and King Dedede can't do the powers, so my sister was just another Kirby

New Super Mario said:
I just beat the game, and my sister and I just beat Level 1

The Copy Abilities are really cool. Kinda dumb that Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, and King Dedede can't do the powers, so my sister was just another Kirby
Well, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and a Waddle Dee aren't capable of eating people whole. (Well, Dedede is, but he just can't take their powers.)

Pinkie Pie said:
New Super Mario said:
I just beat the game, and my sister and I just beat Level 1

Well, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and a Waddle Dee aren't capable of eating people whole. (Well, Dedede is, but he just can't take their powers.)
Yeah, but they could of thought of a way that they could take powers.

Marwikedor said:
I never got a chance to play kirbys epic yawn

Oh wow, originality!

So I beat extra mode, which was a pain in the ass. It turns out the final boss off Extra Mode is:
Magolor Soul. No Kirby game is complete without destroying the villain's soul or incarnation (i.e. see every Kirby game since K64, excluding Squeak Squad). And my GOD his Flare Beam attack is pretty much impossible to dodge.

Also, after beating the Extra Mode, you unlock the:
True Arena. Yep, exactly like the one from Kirby Super Star Ultra. You fight all the bosses and mini bosses of the Extra Mode in here (and let me just say one thing: it's no easy feat). There's also another familiar face here, but you'll have to play the game to find out. :)

Overall, this is an excellent game and kudos to Nintendo for actually making another challenging Kirby game, in my opinion at least.

Gamefreak75 said:
So I beat extra mode, which was a pain in the @#!*% . It turns out the final boss off Extra Mode is:
Magolor Soul. No Kirby game is complete without destroying the villain's soul or incarnation (i.e. see every Kirby game since K64, excluding Squeak Squad). And my GOD his Flare Beam attack is pretty much impossible to dodge.

Have you collected all the energy spheres yet? Also, final extra mode boss sounds interesting.

Gamefreak75 said:
Also, after beating the Extra Mode, you unlock the:
True Arena. Yep, exactly like the one from Kirby Super Star Ultra. You fight all the bosses and mini bosses of the Extra Mode in here (and let me just say one thing: it's no easy feat). There's also another familiar face here, but you'll have to play the game to find out. :)

Overall, this is an excellent game and kudos to Nintendo for actually making another challenging Kirby game, in my opinion at least.

I don't have to wait, I looked at it on the Kirby Wiki. ;D

So, from what you have said, it seems that this is one of the best Kirby games in the series. If I had any doubts of whether I should get this, you have gotten rid of them. Now I just have to wait until Christmas...

How come I got a 93% in the main mode? I collected all the Energy Spheres and beat the final boss.

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. Somehow, I think it has to do with the stuff unlocked on the Lor.

I found the game tricky at times, though. I heard Extra Mode was challenging, though I played only a little of it.

Back