Kirby's returning to dreamland

935607_20110824_screen007.jpg

I hope we can change the Kirby colors. I'm not counting on it, though, but it would be great.

I want spray paints back. I enjoyed playing as a white Kirby

Believe it or not, but I enjoyed the Kirby platformers more than the Mario platformers. The Kirby ones have more depth to it. The amount of Mario's powerups pales in comparison to Kirby's abilities.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Believe it or not, but I enjoyed the Kirby platformers more than the Mario platformers. The Kirby ones have more depth to it. The amount of Mario's powerups pales in comparison to Kirby's abilities.

While that is true, Mario platformers are usually more simple than Kirby platformers.

Not to mention, older.

I agree with you, nevertheless. Even the enemy sprites and animations look more refined in Kirby games compared to the Mario games. When you compare this game to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, this game looks nicer, in my opinion.

I don't understand why the Mario games get more attention. I guess because it came first.

Mario games are as simple as jumping on bad guys to beat them. It's more advanced with Kirby games in that you can't jump on enemies to beat them. However, in an ironic twist, normal enemies seem to get hurt themselves when they run into Kirby.

Well, it kind of makes sense. Why should the enemy suffer no damage when colliding with Kirby? Even those Burning Flamers get hurt when colliding with Kirby, though. I guess the enemies aren't as tough as the Mario enemies when it comes to ramming.

I actually loved that Kirby games, they kinda remind me of Brawl with a twist (Power-ups combo moves, etc). It kinda has a fighting style gameplay to me and some of the airletter ones are pure hard

So, a new trailer has been released, as well as the Japanese commercial that shows some more power-ups being included as well as the addition of two more new power-up:
Some Super Hammer ability similar to the other Super abilities and what appears to be a Super Ability for Ice. Also, this may be old news, but Spear is going to be a new ability in the game, along with Whip and Leaf.

Trailer
English intro for the game
Japanese Commercial

I wonder what the U.S. commercial will be like...

I can't wait for this game. Only 13 days left.

MnSG said:
The game will probably be on my Christmas list.
I'm personally buying it the day it comes out.
Why?
'Cause I'm a Kirby fangirl. <3
I hope you can play as Meta Knight in Single Player.

I will get the game as soon as possible after it comes out. :)

I'm getting 3D Land, too, but I'm more excited for Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land is definitely tops on my birthday/Christmas list... But there are so many awesome games coming out soon... It's hard to keep track of them all!

This is a neat little "back-to-basics" with Kirby. I like the new copy abilities, and the ability to play as King Dedede, Bandanna Waddle Dee, and that other guy is just awesome! Although it's kind of like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, in that player 1 is always the main character.

I like New Super Mario Bros. Wii players. My sister and I had a great time playing that game.

I won't get Kirby on American or Japanese release date, because I've ordered it together with SM3DL.
Meaning that, I'll still have Kirby before European release date, and SM3DL is on Japanese release date.

New Super Mario said:
I want to get this game, cause me and my sister had an awesome time play Epic Yarn.

At least Return to Dreamland fixes up the issue of the game being impossible to get a Game Over in. You can't get a Game Over in Kirby's Epic Yarn after all.

MnSG said:
New Super Mario said:
I want to get this game, cause me and my sister had an awesome time play Epic Yarn.

At least Return to Dreamland fixes up the issue of the game being impossible to get a Game Over in. You can't get a Game Over in Kirby's Epic Yarn after all.

Is that a bad thing? I've never played Epic Yarn, I might try to get that at Christmas time, too.

Epic Nitwit said:
MnSG said:
New Super Mario said:

Is that a bad thing? I've never played Epic Yarn, I might try to get that at Christmas time, too.
Sorta. It kinda loses the challenge.

Back